It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biometric passport info required for Canadians entering USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Recent reports have fueled rumors taht the US gov't will require foreign visitors to hold a passport containing biometric data - electronically encoded info that can be scanned and entered into a central database for long term tracking procedures.

If the process goes smoothly, bet on Canadian agencies pushing for biometric ID as well.

Don't be suprised when this comes true!

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yeah, I know. There are rumors about that here in Norway also. It looks like they have managed to start a trend with electronic passes. It cost hell of a lot of money for it and it has no other purpose than making it easier for "them" to track you down and get your info, and of course that you will be able to travel to the US when they start refusing people without electronic passes to enter.

A friend of mine told us she was getting an electroinc pass... She was like "Hey, guess what, my mom is giving me an electronic pass.. cool". I didnt even bother to ask here what was so cool about it.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
No, I have read the press release. The passports must be able to be read through a machine in order to assertain that the passport holder is who they say they are. Its quite differant to biometric stuff on there.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
No, I have read the press release. The passports must be able to be read through a machine in order to assertain that the passport holder is who they say they are. Its quite differant to biometric stuff on there.

Yes..... keep watching CNN, FOX and ABC.

Please provide the press release link you read.

Thanks, Omega

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I got it through work. I cannot provide it any longer; it was 2 or 3 months ago.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
I got it through work. I cannot provide it any longer; it was 2 or 3 months ago.

lol.. where do you work? FOX?

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
No, I dont. Though it would probably be more interesting! lol

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   
What I find most interesting about all of this is how they are so eager to put limits on people from first world countries while still allowing people from third world countries a great deal of mobility.

Already it is more difficult for people of a first world country to emmigrate to annother first world country than it is for a person from a third world country to enter a number of first world countries in succession if they desire.

What's this about?

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Not really. The visa restrictions are a lot tighter now, so anyone from any "dubious" country would have to have an interview first.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This may limit legal entrance to the US but it does nothing to stem the flow of illegal immigrants.

top topics

join