It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British lose even more privacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Government agencies will be able to access e-mail and phone data, under measures unveiled by ministers.
Local councils will be among the bodies able to use surveillance to investigate crimes, protect national security and protect public safety.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Whats with the Brits? You guys are losing your privacy even faster than us Yanks!

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The only thing left to add in Britain is a two-way television screen for every person ala 1984. Though a microchip implant tag/bug would probably work better (and will be the next step).

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Argh...really hate this shyte. The 'justification' we are given is that these things help catch criminals, reduce crime, increase safety blah blah blah...

...the catch is that we all must first be treated like a criminal so that criminals can be caught...

...just seems a little screwy to me...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I read in the paper yesterday that the UK Goverment is considering a plan to put a tracking chip in every "Money" - every coin and note. Now thats something to worry about

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Liberty director Shami Chakrabati said: "This underlines the uncomfortable fact that the British public are the most spied upon people in the Western world."

It's worrying when we start overtaking the US in matters like these!!

Whilst I'm all for reducing crime where possible, it's measures like these that make that very task unfavourable with the majority. The general public should all be ready and willing when it comes to making the UK a safer place in which to live, but this kind of thing is just going to alienate that very practice.

top topics

join