It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show Me The Evidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

PODcast: Show Me The Evidence
Jeremiah25 vents his frustrations at people who make outrageous claims and then refuse to offer any evidence to support those claims, even when they are politely asked to do so.

length: 03:24
file: atspodcast_463.mp3
size: 1599k
feed: ats

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
You aren't getting worked up over nothing.

Although here on ATS, the "fanatical" posts tend to occur on a much lesser frequency, and the majority of what I read here is logical, and are people who are seriously looking for answers. There will always be a couple of crazy weirdos in every group (I'd also like to state that a lot of people out there would say that everyone on ATS is a bunch of crazy weirdos.
) But I suppose that is just as much ignorance as the people you are talking about, Jeremiah.

I tend to just automatically ignore all posts about vampires and werewolves nowadays, so maybe I have been skipping over them or missing them, but most of the posts I have seen on here are by people who are more than willing to back up their claims. I myself have posted some pretty illogical things, but I have also gone out of my way to defend my position and provide all the evidence I can towards it.

I can honestly say that I am quite proud of most of what goes on here. ATS is quite a step above the rest when it comes to sites of this nature. You can look around, and you won't find a better forum of people discussing paranormal and conspiracy topics (As well as just being nice people to talk casually to on BTS too!
) We are really in a whole different league than any other forum/site. There are a whole lot of very logical, skeptical, extremely intelligent people here. I don't think anyone here really likes the absolutely insane posts that have no evidence to back them up. It certainly lowers our credibility to most people.

So yes, overall... nobody really likes those outrageous claims, except people in the same mindset who also make outrageous claims. I think there are enough good people here though, who more than balance it out.

Plus most of the people posting 'out-there' stuff are usually newbies coming from more fanatical sites, who fall under the catagory of your last podcast, "When I was a Believer". They are still believers, but ATS is a good place to turn them into better people, and show them that you can still believe in such things without being illogical about it. Some people haven't made it to becoming as advanced as you yet, J. But what a better place to give them the experience and insight they need than AboveTopSecret.com

Still I agree with what you are saying, and it pisses me off to no extent when it just seems like people are saying things for the sake of saying them, and don't even stop to think about it reasonably. But there are some people out there who are brand new to these sorts of topics, and are "willing to believe anything", and they need people like you to help them along. So try to be kind and caring, even when you feel like throwing the monitor against the wall. lol. I, and I'm sure you will agree with me, wish that I had something like ATS when I was first starting to research into this kind of thing. It would have sped up my learning and knowledge immensely. But we ended up going about it backwards. lol.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by Yarcofin]

join