It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Sun/Red Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I was just curious to know if anyone has noticed that the sun has been very red at sunrise,with a clear sky and no more haze than usual for the season,the same with the moon,3 days in a row now they have been deep red when they rise,orange is not so unusual,but deep red is.
Has anyone at other locations noticed this?.
I am located in Wisconsin.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Unbalanced

I am a ways off from there, and haven't noticed this phenomenon.

But in the legends spun by Seigel & Schuster, aren't we meant to develop super powers under a red sun?

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder how much of those imaginary comics may be based on fact somehow..........before reality comes a thought...
A red sun was not required for superpowers when I was 20,it would be nice if it worked now though......

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I havent noticed anything. There have been times in the past that I have noticed it was deep red. However with all the smog in the air here in California thats not too uncommon. I imagine that you might be seing the this 'phenomenon' because of forest fires spewing smoke into the air. This distorts the light and may make it appear red.
I sure would like super powers....

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Came up red again tonight,and the sun this morning.
Pretty!!!.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Seattle is shrouded in clouds, for the past couple days, I havent seen # through all this rain!

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Don't know where you are, but yes, here in Indian Territory we have been having red moons and this evening, just before sunset, the entire sky was a purplish-pink.

Way weird.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Lucky to have had 5 thunderstorms all summer,rained maybe 7 times,everything is dying,the crops are stunted.

I only had to mow my yard 3 times all summer.

That is a good thing.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
We had a GIANT RED setting sun yesterday.

Sorry but I missed the sunset tonight so I can't tell you about it.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Doesn't Planet X somehow make the sun red?

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Here where i am, the sun and the moon are "red" i belive its because of the "season".. nothing special about that it is allready autumn.. (isnt that what comes after summer?)

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I know some of the places ive lived in Australia the moon and sun always seem to be a bit more red in the summer because of the bush fires.

Not to long till bush fire season starts again

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Isn't it just ye olde harvest moon? I don't know what I'm talking about but it seems the time would be right.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
i live in hamilton, ontario and i noticed the moon was orange a few days ago, i havn't noticed anythign else... weird eh.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
In Los Angles the sun and moon turned red because of volcanic ash in the air from a erupting volcano very far away.

who

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I live near chicago and I too noticed the sun on my way to work, I thought the moon being as orangish was just a harvest moon.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I noticed the moon was very orange as I was driving home Saturday night, but I figured it was just a harvest moon, too. I'm really not in the habit of looking directly at the sun, so I can't really report on that.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Both the sun and the moon rose with a blood red color,until they got to about 30 Degrees above the horizon,orange is not unusual most times of the year when the moon rises,the sun,not as frequent but it happens occasionally.
The thing that I though was strange was that the sun and the moon rose very red,and for four days in a row.But now that I think about it,it was probably odd atmospheric conditions caused by that big whirling mass to the east that is supposedly heading for DC.
That Hurricurricurricurricurrcurrurrurricane.

top topics

join