It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No windows/All brick CIA building in VA?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hey everybody. Can somebody please tell me if im hearing stories or may i be right? if anybody is from VA (northern virginia area) and knows where sunrise valley is which i think leads to reston. I drove through sunrise valley one day and was stopped by a contstruction team that was tearing up the street, across the street from where they are doing contstruction are a few buildings. there is a Raytheon building which i know is important and a hotel, but there is also an unmarked building with ALL glass windows, there is also no way to get to the building without passing many gates. my mother use to work for EDS and had friends that worked at Raytheon who "knew" what was going on. they told her that this building was actually used by the CIA and that those glass windows are really decoys and have brick behind them. So in reality this is a all Brick building with no windows to the outside at all, but there are tall panes of glass on the outside "posing" as windows. If anybody has any info on this building at all please post, i just dont realize how you could put such an important building on a very busy street.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well obviously your not supposed to know, maybe chuck a rock at one of the windows and see if it goes through? Or 'accidently' crash your car into it.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have no info about the building, but I have been on the Ratheon roof before. I'm a civil engineer and we do alot of roofing maintenance and repair (not that we do the actual work). I know what building you're talking about. Strange, I never heard anything like that before though. Let me know.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Are you curious because a bldg without windows is on a busy street or do you think that there is something ominous about the bldg?

I only ask because it's not at all unusual for the gov to have bldgs like that. They are also probably encased with lead as well to prevent communications from being breached.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
hmm, im not saying that I have proof of this being a government building(only what i've heard), but if you look at the windows you can see the brick later beneath, who knows, it could just be a basketball court in there (smiles and winks) who knows?! but id just like to know why you we need tightened security and no windows. i guess being by the capital, VA is filled with government buildings hiding themselves in with the rest of us average joes. Hopefully i can find out more.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I don't know about that particular building in VA, but I can tell you that the brick wall behind a fake window is a method used in many consulate or embassy buildings across the world.

The reason is to deter wannabes burglars or prevent binoculars peeking inside from across the street, and probably other reasons that we are not supposed to know about.

Those buildings are almost a decoy itself, what I mean is very few personnel are working in there. They use it for occasional meetings or paperworks. Sorry to disappoint you, but you won't unmask spies going there or find any secret UFO projects in those buildings, cos they are aware the place is being watched 24/7.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Eavesdropping can now be done with lasers pointed at a buildings windows from a great distance. The vibrations of your voice move the windows a very little bit which can be detected by the laser. Its really high tech stuff.

Perhaps thats a countermeasure for such tech. I know some secure buildings now use a double window system that leaves a gap of air to prevent this type of Eavesdropping from working.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I was a cryptologist in the US military living and working in Washington DC. I worked in what was called a comm center or communications center. We were right in the middle of DC across from the Japanese Embassy and AU. Our unit also did not have any windows and only a one point entry access. It was also mostly underground.

I also worked at another base in which the bldg was above ground and was secured by sentry and did not have any windows or vents leading to the outside. The reason was for security because of the classified information that came through the comm center daily. It was also soundproof so transmissions couldn't leave the vestibule.

So it's really not as suspicious as your bldg in VA might look. It's just to protect information from being breached.

Remember everything has ears...

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
where exactly is it? off the toll road, route 7, or the reston parkway?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
well its on sunrise valley, the street that goes a pretty long distance, you can come in off of route 50 (is that reston parkway?). that's the only way i know how to get to it from.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I used to work in Reston and think I know the building you are talking about. It's on the corner of Sunrise Valley and the Fairfax County Parkway, correct? If that's the one, then yes, there are bricks behind those windows and they are just for show. That building is a secured government datacenter, I believe it's run by either Lockheed or Northrop Grumman, can't remember which. I've seen the guards carrying MP5's there before, used to pass it every day on my way to work.

The buildings in the center of this page are the ones in question:

maps.google.com...,+Virginia&ll=38.951016,-77.374198&spn=0.007435,0.014636&t=h&hl=en

[edit on 2-10-2005 by CyberSEAL]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
That building you are referring to is not own by the CIA or NG... its a DEA lab testing center. I know exactly which building you are talking about. Many of the CIA buildings are going to be in the Northern Virginia areas like Reston-Chantilly area. Some buildings are on Fort Belvoir, and others are scattered around the Dulles area but I am definately sure the building you are referring to belongs to the DEA.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If you were referring to my post, the group of buildings I showed on the map are all located on the same secure campus. The one at the bottom of the grouping is a datacenter, I'm sure the rest could be used as labs of some sort, but I'm sure about the southern building. The signs on the building show the logo of a major defense contractor, I just can't remember which one. I think it was Lockheed. I'm there all the time, will snap a photo so you can tell me if it's the same one you're talking about. I'll probably be labeled a terrorist for taking the photo, lol.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

That building you are referring to is not own by the CIA or NG...

I have no idea who owns it or who leases it, but I know what's inside building one...

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yep, just passed it today, saw one of the buildings with a lockhead martin sign in front and didnt get to see the second buildings sign but im happy in not the only person that notices that.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yeh, must be a pretty important datacenter, lots of security there. Funny how it is located in a populated and busy area.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL
Yeh, must be a pretty important datacenter, lots of security there. Funny how it is located in a populated and busy area.

oops double posted sorry.

[edit on 3/10/05 by Skibum]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL

Thats what we were told the building was for when I was doing some work at one of the Raytheon buildings.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
it would be good to hear from somebody that has or does work there

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
For those of us that do work in sensitive areas, the last thing we are allowed to do is talk about where we work, and what the nature of our business in the building is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join