It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction To Astral Projection

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Sorry I've just been listening quietly. I think they have been excellent and I'm sure plenty of people would agree.

I have been waiting with some excitement at the promise of a podcast about "What you can do in the astral"

I would also love to hear personal stories about projections you guys have had.

I've been trying to AP lately but I work a swing shift and just can't find the right time. I would respond with a podcast but I haven't had a microphone in years and I'm too lazy/shy to go buy one.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternate
I have been waiting with some excitement at the promise of a podcast about "What you can do in the astral"

I forgot about that! Right now I'm doing a Causal Projection Podcast (which I had finished, but then closed by itself
), once I finish that one I'll try to get a "What you can do in the astral" one out too.

[edit on 22/10/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

PODcast: Introduction To Astral Projection (reply 6)
Akashic talks about Causal Projection and Duality

length: 03:33
file: atsppodcast_645.mp3
size: 1457k
feed:

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
That was great thanks. Can't wait to hear some discussion about being in the astral itself.

I'd also love to hear about any experiences people have had in the astral.

Also are there any thoughts about "ascension?"

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Wow, Id just like to thank all of you. I had never listened to podcasts before so i decided to check it out, and these were my first podcasts. Ive been interested in stral projections for a while but never actually attempted one, and now, armed with this new knowledge, i think ill try it.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by syberwolff
Wow, Id just like to thank all of you. I had never listened to podcasts before so i decided to check it out, and these were my first podcasts. Ive been interested in stral projections for a while but never actually attempted one, and now, armed with this new knowledge, i think ill try it.

Good luck!

Any suggestions for a topic in my next Podcast?

I was going to do a "What to do when you're there" Podcast, but realized I would have little to talk about. Basically you can do anything you want, it is the dreamworld. There are a few limitations, but unless one is very experienced it would take a long time to reach them.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
lets hear about some of your experiences

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternate
lets hear about some of your experiences

I agree with that

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Also maybe some things to expect, like ive been reading of people seeing creatures and things.

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer

Originally posted by syberwolff

Good luck!

Any suggestions for a topic in my next Podcast?

I was going to do a "What to do when you're there" Podcast, but realized I would have little to talk about. Basically you can do anything you want, it is the dreamworld. There are a few limitations, but unless one is very experienced it would take a long time to reach them.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I really enjoy this podcast. I can't recall how I found interest in this odd subject, but I know it started about 5 years ago and now I'm a freshman in college and have sort-of done it once.
I've looked up techniques on several webpages and it all sounds basically like self hypnosis.
Lay down, put yourself in deep relaxation, yet remain aware. Even if you don't end up in an "astral" domain, and really just reach a deeper part of your own mind and are able to explore it... that's pretty cool. I have yet to have a "complete" experience, so my apologies but I cautiously remain a critic.

It's an odd thing... something I want to be true, but so bluntly sounds untrue. I am trying really hard though to make it happen, haha...
after listening to this podcast I have found that it seems a little easier. I can recall the instructions a bit more easily than trying to remember what I read on a webpage, similar to trying to remember text for an exam.

I think I just learn better with spoken word.

Well... to my point.
I try each night after I go to bed, but I always end up falling asleep. I have separated from my body (I think) twice, and that was when I've woken up, but lay in bed.
The first time, I was dreaming and floating in an empty room w/ a rock in it (yes, rather odd, and perhaps that is what caught my attention), I realized, hey I'm asleep... what a perfect time to try and project.
I just ended up drifting to the rock until my feet hit the rock and my astral body I suppose just got dumped out after my dreamy body hit it. All I know for sure is that I felt and heard vibrations (similar to when you get hit in the head lol) and immediately realized "I'M DOIN' IT!"

Unfortunately, that woke me up.

---
The next time was a couple days ago. I had woken up, fallen back asleep and was dreaming. I was standing on a train, pretty much the same image you get when you think of an old western train robbery movie... I have no clue why... but anyway... I realized I was dreaming yet again and wanted to try the jump technique. Took me a minute, but I was able to jump... and I felt this odd floating sensation and sort of like... my muscles really wanted to move but they didn't... the second I jumped off my train, it was like I woke up but I was still asleep, I was just... hovering over my body I guess...
all excited, I wanted to move around... but didn't know how. I franticly thought, oh yeah... "will myself" to the door.
It didn't work.. and I slowly drifted backwards til’ my "head" bumped into the wall and I woke up.

---
What I thought was coolest was that I can't really move a couple seconds after I project.

Well... that's why I'm writing this. I can seem to make clumsy attempts at this, but don't know how to control myself or move in the astral world, if that is what I achieved. Secondly, I seem to only be doing this after I'm in a dream... and I don't really see the real astral plane as I've heard it described.

So... pointers on what I'm missing out on would be great. It's been over a month I think since the last update.
It's okay that you're busy, but this is getting really interesting as I seem to be almost getting there... I'm anxious for more

Hope this wasn't rambling for too long.
- Rob

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Awesome experiences Rob. Thanks for sharing. Yes it just keeps getting more and more hectic for me. Slowly building up towards Exam Week at college so we keep doing more and more, and then I have to work a lot more hours because of the Christmas season too. I will try to squeeze a podcast in soon though.

The main thing I would suggest is just keep practicing and it will become easier and more natural. Not being able to move isn't quite as bad as some people who project into complete darkness and can't seem to get their "astral eyes" to work for the first couple of attempts
. I don't know why you can't move though. You may be trying to move your physical body instead of your astral. Try doing it very lightly and slow and see if you can start to feel yourself moving. I guess just practice will tell.

Why you are in a dream-like scene most of the time is because your mind IS pretty much dreaming. If your subconcious is creating dreams, then that is what you will see around you, and it will hide the true astral. It is very hard to see the actual astral 100% since usually at least SOMETHING from your subconcious will be popping up.

What I would suggest is trying not to think during the day while you're awake. Yes, I said don't think
. When you need to do some things, obviously you will need to think. But you don't really need your mind to be going a mile a minute when you are just walking/driving from point A to point B, or just sitting around. Try to clear your mind. You will find it is much harder than you think. I forget if Akashic described this in his Causual Projection podcast or not. But try to think of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for as long as you can. At first it will only be a few seconds, and then you can build up to minutes, etc. This will make your mind much more clear and focused, and improve many aspects of AP. Just observe everything around you and be aware. Put all your energy into using your senses, but don't let that little voice in your head tell you about it. Just listen to the wind and accept it without thinking about it. Observe what is going on 360 degrees around you. Take a deep breath and smell the fresh air. And truely question yourself as to whether you are awake at this very moment or not.

More to come in Podcast form soon, hopefully! =)

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I am also going to be learning to meditate soon with my philosphy professor who is buddhist. It seems that meditation will be great practice for clearing the mind, as that is the goal of meditation. haha...

Anyway, I'll keep checkin my iTunes.
Thanks.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I love Astral Projection. It's the best because you can do anything, and go anywhere. I have tons of astral projections, and I keep a journal of them. One of the most amazing experiences I have had, was when I had astral projected in the future...

Well It was about three days until my cruise. One night, I astral projected and I was flying so fast. Faster and faster and faster, over the ocean at an incredible speed. I noticed a cruise ship in the distance. I flew over it and noticed that the side read, "Celebrity Cruise Lines" IN cursive letters. The ship was navy blue and I could see everything perfectly clear. I landed on the ship. I saw my mom talking to people and I didn't say anything..I don't know why..I should have. But they probably wouldn't have heard me anyways.

So then I was floating about on the ship looking around and I saw myself witha group of people. Sometimes when I am astral projecting, I blink and the whole image is clearer, then clearer, and then finally it's REAL. Absolutely crystal clear. So there I am hanging out with a guy and a few girls. I still didn't say anything but followed them...then I jumped off the ship and flew to a near by island. This is my favorite part...

It was a gorgeous island. I felt the warmth of the sand as my feet touched it and I scooped up the sand with my hand... I was in utter amazement. I thought to myself, "Wow, no this is real! I really am here! I am feeling this sand!" Then I touched the sand and sort of hit the sand with my sand. "Wow! This really is real. I told myself" Then I thought, "Ok, now it's time to feel the water. Sure enough I felt the liquid and put my feet in the water. I even saw the water pull in and out. It was just too cool. I also remember every little detail on the island.

There were shells, little tiny ones, big ones, grains of different sand. I even heard everything. I just knew I was there. behind me were tall palm trees and plants. Then it was time to wake up I guess, so for some reason I left...and I don't remember anything after that. but as soon as I woke up I told my mom that I had gone into the future!

Sure enough...on the day we went on the cruise ship. I was shocked, same one, same cursive writing. And same people. Of course...I didn't want to say anything to my friends at that time, because I didn't want them to think that I was crazy... Because Astral Projection is definetely real, and it is an honor to be able to experience such a beautiful thing.

By the way, excellent podcast, thank you for the tips!

*whitelightwolf*

[edit on 8-3-2006 by whitelightwolf]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Thank you for helping me with AP. It's been a tough time lately, the podcasts are really helpful and easy to access throughout the day. Hehe Yarcoffin *cough* Yarcofin. Really this is basically the only thing that makes me smile throughout the day. *hugs*
-Raven Shadow

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the input. I'm glad it makes you smile. If it helped one person, then it was all worthwhile =).

I'm sure AkashicWanderer feels the same way as well.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
will someone PLEASE keep this podcast going?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I would love to see this pod cast, keep going as I am interested in everything talked about so far. I am trying to learn to Astral Project, but my mind never stops thinking, so its hard for me to concentrate in my waking life at work or home or anything I do.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
I would love to see this pod cast, keep going as I am interested in everything talked about so far. I am trying to learn to Astral Project, but my mind never stops thinking, so its hard for me to concentrate in my waking life at work or home or anything I do.

Hello jca2005,

There really isn't anymore to talk about regarding how to Astral Project. Sure there are always new techniques but the basic structure is always the same. You must keep your mind awake, present and vigilant while relaxing your physical body enough to go to sleep.

Not being able to stop the incessant stream of thoughts in our mind is a very common problem.

If one is constantly day dreaming during the day, preoccupied with the past or future, then it is only logical that while we try to Astral Project we will day dream too. You cannot expect the mind to settle down after 16 or so hours of constant thinking.

What is required is to be in the here and now, completely present at all moments. This is what the quote in my signature refers to. Whenever you find yourself getting carried away by thought simply observe the thought, and it will go away.

If you practice vigilance during your waking hours, then it will be much easier to still the mind.

Daily meditation is the best way to cultivate a tranquil mind. I recommend you take a look at this free course which explains meditation in depth, with many practices which you can try out:

Gnostic Meditation

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Thank you for your input. I tried again last night, and ended up falling asleep. However the entire time I was saying real loud in my mind, I will get to the astral plane, tried that for the longest, didn't work, and tried the rope trick, that didn't work.

My goodness, I didn't realize this was all the way back in 2006. I searched for astral projection and went here, I didn't check the date of this post and replies.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by jca2005]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Has anyone else tried this? Does it work for you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join