It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation- Your Keys to the Unknown?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   

PODcast: Meditation- Your Keys to the Unknown?
Thoughts on meditation as a platform for many things, and a few things I use it myself for. A podcast not so much on the definition of meditation, but your personal experiences with it and what you use it for.

length: 11:11
file: atspodcast_262.mp3
size: 2620k
feed: ats

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hmmm. Still having some technical difficulties in uploading.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Once again your podacst got cut off Paul.
Really hope you can get it fixed, as I am interested in what you have to say.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I think I may have to wait to podcast until I have high speed access.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
once again, cutoff, paul... but I got a little more this time. So far, so very good.
Oh, just saw what you said. Dialup? No wonder. Yikes. I suppose you could chop it up into separate, smaller podcasts, so your uploads go easier. Bout the only thing I can think of, other than of course a high speed connection.

I really appreciate your attempts however. Imagine that, a person on ATS that speaks by the principles of parrhesia. Now if only I could do the same.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Thanks TrueAmerican!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   

PODcast: Meditation- Your Keys to the Unknown? (reply 3)
Kinglizards thoughts on meditation.

length: 06:25
file: atspodcast_306.mp3
size: 4516k
feed:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   

PODcast: Meditation- Your Keys to the Unknown? (reply 4)
Reply to kinglizard, with more details on the "no words" method.

length: 13:56
file: atspodcast_308.mp3
size: 3266k
feed:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
TA,

Hey bud thanks for the reply to my previously posted reply to your reply. lol

I would like to know the difference between the different meditation techniques. The meditation book I was reading (12 years ago) was for beginners. It said to do repetitive visualizations like the “seed” meditation I talked about in my PODcast. I don’t know if this visualization was a training technique to help clear your mind so that later with practice you will be able to not think about anything and maintain a clear mind or if there is a type of meditation that requires concentration on “looped” visualizations.

Please if anyone knows the different techniques please post or PODcast definitions in this thread, it’s important to everyone reading this thread to know the benefits of each type.

Thanks to anyone that can help.........

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well king, I used to know more about the different techniques, but settled on and have used what I described for the last 20 years or so. So I will defer as well to anyone that would like to provide more info on what you are looking for specifically. Funny how some learn to meditate with visualization techniques, although the visualizations that I refer to in these podcasts are not quite the same thing. It's close, but different. For the kind I am talking about, you have to meditate first, not the other way around...

Regards,
TA

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Please if anyone knows the different techniques please post or PODcast definitions in this thread, it’s important to everyone reading this thread to know the benefits of each type.

Thanks to anyone that can help.........

Hi kinglizard,

Despite being podcast challenged, perhaps I can help you.

As far as I know (and I've been into conscious meditation since the 1970s), all forms of meditation strive to still the mind.

Which brings me to a point I wanted to make after listening today. Many people tend to beat themselves up over the chatter in their head when they attempt to meditate, partly because Freudian psychology doesn't embrace the greater reality of higher dimensions and discarnate consciousness.

What in God's name am I talking about?

As a spiritual medium and mystic for many years, I have learned that the definition of channeling or telepathic communication with the Other Side is whenever a thought or feeling arises within that is not willfully created.

Think about that. It changes one's entire perspective.

It means that all dreams and random thoughts that arise from within stem from people in the Spirit.

Which is in direct contrast to the Freudian psychoanalytical paradigm that most psychologists and psychiatrists use as their foundation of understanding.

So don't beat yourself up when you have a lot of chatter while trying to meditate. Instead, affirm within that you are just being receptive to the energies that are being channeled into you. Once you do that, you slowly learn to discriminate between your own thoughts and feelings and telepathic influences and messages from those in the discarnate dimensions.

Sigmund Freud taught that when we go to sleep at night a portion of our brain sleeps while another portion of our brain is active creating dreams for us. Not true in my estimation and experience. What really happens when we sleep at night is we become more receptive to telepathic messages from Spirit that are usually clothed in symbolic meaning. Most dreams are not spiritual or helpful because most people on the Other Side are not devoted to The Light. Sylvia Brown, the well-known television psychic, once said that only 30% on the Other Side are devoted to The Light. I think that she was overstating it. It is actually worse than that. Which is why most dreams are not of a spiritual or insightful nature.

Now that you understand all that, I have an excellent technique that I would like to explain. It comes from The Sylva Method (TSM) and is called The Three Fingers Technique. Much like a mantra, this is how it works:

You get yourself down to a fairly good state of meditation. One can do this easily by lying down and slowly and quietly counting backwards from 200, while at the same time also making affirmations that you are getting more relaxed and more peaceful in the process. Start with the lower end of the body, the feet, legs, etc., and affirm that they are getting more relaxed and more serene and you are counting down. Then move up the body. After you are completely done with the count, then take the whole body down for say, another count of 100, making the same affirmations.

After you are done, you will feel very relaxed and centered. At that juncture, program yourself -- simply through desire -- that whenever you put three fingers together on either hand, you automatically go to that state. Let yourself stay down for a while to truly get a clear understanding as to how it feels. Also program yourself -- again simply through desire -- that the more you do the three fingers technique, the easier it gets and the quicker you "go to your level."

This is a great stress reducer. It doesn't require a lot of time to meditate. You just put three fingers together and WHAM...you are in a fairly deep level of meditation.

TSM practitioners would use this method to find lost items and be able to access inner guidance quickly, as well as to reduce stress.

There have been Transcendental Meditation practitioners who have said that TSM is better for rapidly getting to a deep meditative state than TM.

There is more I could go into with this topic if you want.

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
As a spiritual medium and mystic for many years, I have learned that the definition of channeling or telepathic communication with the Other Side is whenever a thought or feeling arises within that is not willfully created.

An interesting hypothesis. I'm curious as to the reason of unwillfully created thought which creates fear, worry, anxiety, or resentment to the past.

I believe that all unwilfully created thought, and emotional responses to situations, is the work of the ego(s). These thoughts are used to draw your attention away from stillness, from the now, from the present moment, and into a mind-made past or future which the ego thinks will fulfill you. A moment that offers you MORE than this moment.

The ego cannot live in the now. It feeds on the vibrational frequency of certain situations which it projects into the future or relives in the past, these situations give it energy, and strenghten its false sense of self.

I agree that those thoughs are not created by YOU, by your consciousness, however the origination of those thoughts and feelings I feel is different.

So don't beat yourself up when you have a lot of chatter while trying to meditate. Instead, affirm within that you are just being receptive to the energies that are being channeled into you. Once you do that, you slowly learn to discriminate between your own thoughts and feelings and telepathic influences and messages from those in the discarnate dimensions.

I agree the MOST important part is not to beat yourself up. Do not identify with those thoughts, they are not your own. Observe them without judgement, they will dissolve along with the ego. When we start to become more present during the day the ego is fed less and less, and our consciousness starts to grow.

If an unwilfully created thought pops into your head observe it. There is now an observer and an observed. YOU are the observer, the ego is the observed. Once the ego is being observed, you are present. The ego cannot live in stillness, in precense and it will dissolve, freeing consciousness as it does so. This is what is known as alchemy, it is the path to liberation.

Sigmund Freud taught that when we go to sleep at night a portion of our brain sleeps while another portion of our brain is active creating dreams for us. Not true in my estimation and experience. What really happens when we sleep at night is we become more receptive to telepathic messages from Spirit that are usually clothed in symbolic meaning.

The dream world is not in this dimension. It is in the astral, the 5th dimension. Our subconcious creates dream imagery, clouding the objectiveness of the dimension. We certainly become more receptive to messages, as we can be contacted by other beings in the astral. This will happen as you become more aware, and the dream world is replaced by the objective astral plane. It can be conveyed symbolically in a dream, or given to you literally when you are talking 1-to-1.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now as far as meditation goes I like to slowly shift into stillness. Once you become present in your day to day life every moment becomes a meditation.

A technique I find particularily useful is the following one:
Get into your preferred meditation pose and become aware of your breathing. Fill all of your lungs. If your shoulders move up and down while breathing you are doing shallow breathing, and only filling 1/3 of your lungs. If this is the case do not worry, it is not too important now.

Relax your entire body by flooding consciousness into each body part, until each one feels relaxed. Then do a "wave" of consciousness that goes all the way up, and then down.

Once you are completely relaxed, and aware of your breathing slowly start to become aware of your thought processes. Observe them, do not judge or get irritated by them. You will notice as you observe them and do not identify with them they will slowly dissolve. Continue doing this and you will notice there will start to be a noticeable gap between each thought. This gap will become larger as you continue to practice. The gap is complete stillness in the present, it is complete acceptance of the now.

This is a very simple meditation that if done correctly can greatly help you to achieve a state of no-thought, a state in which you are not identified with your ego - true peace.

Good luck,
Julian

Edited to add Meditation Technique

[edit on 23/9/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My deepest heartfelt thanks to TrueAmerican for starting this PODcast thread even though I took it off the intended course and to Paul_Richard and AkashicWanderer for taking the time out of their day to post what they have learned through their experiences with meditation. I particularly appreciate the beginning meditation techniques. Again my thanks to all of you, it was way more than I expected.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   

PODcast: Meditation- Your Keys to the Unknown? (reply 5)
Reply to PR, AW, KL. And we get deeper...

length: 17:25
file: atspodcast_344.mp3
size: 4080k
feed:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hi TrueAmerican & All,

Thank you for your thoughtful podcast reply.

I'd like to cover not only my response to that but also some points that were in my original podcast in this thread but were unfortunately cut off in the process of uploading, as well as other points regarding the typed comments that were made.

What you refer to as "blanking of the mind" is what I refer to as Zen meditation. It is a passive form of meditation that is wonderful for the cultivation of physical rejuvenation, spiritual correspondence and psychic awareness.

You also mentioned using meditation as a platform for visualization in effecting people in a positive way. You used the examples of visualizing someone who is ill getting better quickly or visualizing someone who is having financial problems coming into money or finding a really good job.

These selfless acts in meditation are beautiful! If more people did that, the world would be a much better place.

You also mentioned using meditation as a tool for astral projection and out of body experiences. I agree with that. I also think that lucid dreaming helps a great deal for cultivating the atmosphere for astral projection.

However, to truly leave the flesh, barring death or a physically traumatic experience, you really have to get a channel of energy from the Other Side, i.e., a Gift of Astral Projection. This is something that one can acquire through sincere prayer and many people have done this successfully.

Those who astral project oftentimes may not know that they have a Gift given to them, as they may consider the process to be easy; but to be able to do it repeatedly, you eventually realize that there is more involved than just lucid dreaming or a deep level of meditation.

When we incarnate into a physical body, we are likened to a genii corked up in a bottle. It really does take a lot for most or all of our consciousness to leave the flesh; it takes a channel of energy -- outside of physical death/trauma of course.

There is another misconception about astral projection that I would like to address...

Many think that if they astral project somehow they will experience better mystical awareness versus pursuing spiritual correspondence in meditation. In my opinion and experience, this is not true. The reason is because when you project from the body, you are still connected to it via what many have described as the "silver cord." As such, you can't ascend to a high enough level in The Light (not even to the Mid Realms of basic spirituality without a lot of help) to really make a difference. The Lower Realms or lower astral plane is not a place where anyone is going to experience significant spiritual illumination and accurate mystical awareness

So what I recommend for people who pursue astral projection, is to instead pursue spiritual correspondence in meditation, as the latter will more likely lead to more mystical insight than leaving the flesh (through AP) while still being tied to it. Doing Heart Chakra Radiance daily tremendously aids one to attune to noble, individualistic souls (who are not part of a Group Entity) in the Higher Realms. Through the daily effort of Radiance one eventually becomes a Beacon of Light for discarnate Saints to work through and around, furthering their higher mystical and spiritual awareness.

In responding to "And we get deeper Reply 5 podcast," I agree that there are different facets of perception that stem from the same basic tree of meditation.

Before any of us delve into the particulars of our meditative experience, it is necessary to first give an overview of the meditative practice that we pursue, which we have done. If we just went into what we experience when "in flight" without first laying down a foundation, then people who are starting out to explore this area of life and who read and listen to this thread would be lost quickly. So we did the right thing in approaching this topic in the way that we did.

AkashicWanderer espouses a Freudian perspective on meditation, which many agree with. However, I have not found the Freudian paradigm to be accurate at all. To me, there is no id, ego and superego -- or conscious, subconscious and super conscious. All facets of our mind and spirit are integrated and no part of our mind or spirit can "post a thought inside of us" without our willful creation.

A popular belief within New Age is that you can contact your “Higher Self” --like it is a spiritual yet separate aspect of our own being that is afloat in the discarnate dimensions. Not true in my opinion and experience. When you embrace a deep, centered level of meditation, the Higher Self is YOU. When you clairaudiently hear your own voice in your head giving you guidance: that is not a "Higher Self" but someone on the Other Side who impersonates your voice telepathically in order to (hopefully) guide you in a positive direction.

By the way, I have also found that the concept of an "Oversoul" (or “mothership consciousness” that each of us stems from) to also be an illusion. Instead, there are Group Entities who wish us to think of them as our Oversoul in order to control and manipulate us to think, believe, and do as they wish.

Sigmund Freud was an atheist. He did not believe that there is such a thing as a soul or that there is life before birth as well as life after death. As such, his conclusions (which unfortunately formed the foundation of western psychological thought) were, in my opinion and experience, distorted through his own limited and biased perspective

So to me, the Freudian concept of an "ego" is an illusion.

If you are in a meditative state and a thought just "pops in there," it is not the "ego" or the "id" that is producing it, but the result of the direct telepathic influence from one or more people on the Other Side.

When you analyze your thoughts and feelings in meditation that arise without your willful effort, you begin to truly understand the nature of telepathic communication and channeling, and you find a greater centeredness in meditation because you learn to isolate that which is from within your soul and that which is directed to you astrally/telepathically from Spirit.

One of the reasons why the Freudian paradigm is so popular is because the word "ego" is close to the word, "egotism." People who are not spiritual are often referred to as egotists; there is some truth to this.

To help one understand my meditative practice and experiences thereof, I need to provide more of a foundation of metaphysical understanding…

The Society Of Light (the guides that I and other Solists channel) espouses that the two most important virtues to cultivate for spiritual growth and stability (outside of Compassion) are Purity and Humility, which are the opposite of Lust (or sexual energy without love) and Egotism/Competitiveness.

I have found that as we become more Pure (from our rejection of lusty energies when they are implanted within and from emphasizing the cultivation of Purity in our Heart Chakra Radiance), the easier it is to distinguish the energies of those who strive to influence us (for whatever reason) from the Other Side. No one can hide their Dominant Aura Color or their Purity when in the discarnate dimensions. My meditative practice reflects this discriminatory focus.

For example, I have found that common spirits or subangels are very lusty, very egotistical/competitive, and very deceptive. They often seek power for its own sake.

Angels or basically spiritual souls are slightly lusty in their spiritual presence and somewhat deceptive in their spiritual appraisal.

Archangels or discarnate Saints (who are stable in their development) are more objective and have a noticeably higher degree of spiritual purity than subangels or angels. However, since there are relatively few stable Archangels in existence (and I am not referring to “saint Michael” which is really just a calling card for certain angel collectives), true discarnate Saints (which can come from any culture or faith) are often overshadowed by the energies of Group Entities of angels and subangels.

Oftentimes as a spiritual medium I would get part of a message from guides in The Light, perhaps a clairvoyant image of a face and/or a perception of an SES (Soul Energy Signature) or the particular spiritual presence of someone on the Other Side -- usually a discarnate Saint -- and then pursue a more clear communication with same in meditation. It is important to learn through practice how to distinguish the SES of those in the Higher Realms with which one is in communication and to develop relationships with them. Projecting a form in the Spirit is relatively easy for most to do; projecting a spiritual presence to someone who is in the flesh, is much more difficult.

A lot of what I espouse has been learned experientially as a spiritual medium who communicates with discarnates constantly. Those who aren't coming from this vantage point have a much harder time embracing the idea that all thoughts and feelings that are not willfully created are not from within but from people on the Other Side.

[edit on 24-9-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thanks to kinglizard for the positive feedback via a U2U regarding my posts on this thread.

I appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks to Lizard aswell.

My first Podcast is coming soon...

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Please excuse the typing in the background, the shortness, and the monotone voice , next time I won't make a script

[edit on 24/9/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

PODcast: Meditation- Your Keys to the Unknown? (reply 6)
Common stereotypes and meditation experience.

length: 03:15
file: atspodcast_349.mp3
size: 3049k
feed:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

PODcast: Meditation- Your Keys to the Unknown? (reply 7)
Cool stuff. Techniques and in-flight objectives.

length: 07:30
file: atspodcast_350.mp3
size: 3520k
feed:

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join