It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-16 on EBAY!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
cgi.ebay.com...

F16-A MODEL, CURRENTLY FLYING.
Vehicle Description

CURRENTLY FLYING F16-A WITH ACCESSORIES.

WE HAVE 17M IN SPARES FOR SUPPORT AVAILABLE.

And you thought the MiG21 was cool

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
crap can i borrow 14million dollars

is that legal?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
They're also selling Camelot...

I don't know who would want to buy it though. It's a silly place.

It's only a model.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Izit 14 million for a second hand F-16A model? i tot the C/D model(brand new) was selling for like around 20M now???

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
That is great!!! I have been good this year Santa.

With that price I am guessing they have the engine. They are always selling Mig's with no engines. You need the letter of intent though. And what country. There is no way in hell the FAA would let a civilian take that thing up.

This is to funny. Maybe there is a deluxe package that comes with sidewinder missles.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I don't know who would want to buy it though. It's a silly place.

It's only a model.

Well, it's better than a castle in the swamp.....

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
i saw this on another forum - and i agree , it sounds very steep , given its age and likley hours . though looking at thier other auctions - its clear they are greedy lil monkies

if you REALLY have to have a military jet go former soviet

there was a UK business man who bought an ex soviet strike fighter [ i cannot remember the exact model ] IIRC it was £250K [ sterling ] and could operate from a feild - literally !!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I dont know because I really dont know, but maybe the red tape involved buying it from a private owner is less than buying it new from the manufacturer?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I just don't see it possible that they could sell that thing with a working engine in it. Maybe that is why they ask for letter of intent and country. The seller must expect you to be government. But why would ANY government be shopping on ebay(to buy f-16's i guess:mnky

Can you imagine if a terrorist got his hands on it, or those crazy militia people. Or what if Bill Gates bought it? Think he has a monopoly now...just wait till he has an F-16 to scare away competition.

[edit on 19-9-2005 by Timcouchfanclub]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
yea what if bill gates used his mad computer skills to upgrade the avionics on the f-16 and then started a conspiracy and tried to takeover the world:shk:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub

That is great!!! I have been good this year Santa.

With that price I am guessing they have the engine. They are always selling Mig's with no engines. You need the letter of intent though. And what country. There is no way in hell the FAA would let a civilian take that thing up.

This is to funny. Maybe there is a deluxe package that comes with sidewinder missles.

Sure they would. All you have to do to certify a retired fighter is to remove the weapons systems, and I believe do it in a way that they can't be reactivated.

5. FORMER MILITARY AIRCRAFT. Many of the aircraft that are presented for airworthiness certification under the purpose(s) of exhibition or air racing are former military aircraft, both U.S. and non-U.S. The FAA acknowledges the significant role military aircraft have played in our aviation heritage and the importance of preserving their legacy for future generations. The exhibition of former military aircraft at aviation events for demonstration and display provides the public a rare view into our aviation past. Therefore, it is the policy of the FAA to permit the operation of surplus military aircraft for civilian use, consistent with the need to safeguard the general public.

NOTE: It should not be interpreted that all military aircraft require experimental airworthiness certificates. Some have valid type certificates and could be eligible for a standard airworthiness certificate
www.utility-aircraft.com...

As long as it's not capable of being armed, and you have the experience and facilities to maintain it in an airworthy condition, then there is no reason for the FAA to keep you from flying it.

top topics

join