It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The idiots guide to podcasting.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I finally got the pod thing going!

hmmmm,
I guess it was my ''fault'' all along!
Dont even ask what i was doing wrong!
*shakes head*

Well, what i was doing wrong(for other idiots like me!)was that i kept saying NO to allow the MP3 files to go into the folder......lol..because it kept asking me to name the lame file and when i did, it told me it wasnt it.....hmmmmmmm,ok, i dont know what EXACTLY it was that i was doing wrong, but now i can pod cast !

so thanks mrwupy for the help you offered>

helen

OH,and the lame ''3.97b2'' works fine.
so ,yes it wasn't lame after all,
it was me.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
My computer will not let me download LAME. NOt sure why. I wish we could use wav format, but it wouldn't let me. Are than any other programs besides Audacity?? This really stinks.. Audacity works just fine but requires lame and will not accept any other Zip service.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Try this Kleverone,

www-users.york.ac.uk...

That is a different site where you might be able to download Lame. Its kinda important to have Lame when making a podcast cause it has to be an MP3.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thanks man!!! I actually called my brother in St. LOuis. He's a genius

I'm up and running!!!! Look out ATS, when I get a little peace a quiet around here I'm going to post MY FIRST PODCAST! I am stoked!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Great we all wait in anticipation for your first show. Good luck!

Podcasting is so much fun. I really got into it. Admittedly my shows kinda suck but if you don't try who knows what you can do, right? All I can say is have fun and present your ideas, you probably won't get that many replies, I never do but a lot of people actually listen in to the shows.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ok I have gone out and brought a microphone I have got that sorted which leaves me with a question.

Where do I find the guidelines about what is required in the audio recording rather then how to make a Podcast ?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The only thing I believe is required is following the T&C which is like basically dont sit there and bad mouth others(too much) no drugs and little swearing as possible (pretty much).

One Thing though is within the first five minutes its prefferable to plug the site and podcast type you are doing. Like for a paranormal podcast itd be like. This is so and so coming to you from the abovetopsecret paranormal and newage podcast feed.

Aswell within the first few casts try not to plug any personal sites or projects. After a few you are more of a contributer and they dont mind plugs.But just coming on to plug your own stuff is selfish and doesnt really contribute to the site.Which could cause the file to be deleted.

While I'm not exactly sure if what i said covers it, I hope that it helps.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Thanks for that for my first podcast I thought that I would discuss a bunch of threads that I am fond . I have authored one of the threads but I don't think that is the same has promoting another website .

Well now I'm going to take notes and figure out how to summarize forty seven pages were of discussion .

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Excellent I hope to see it up soon!.Good luck with the summarization. Is that a word? Hehe.

Ya I'm pretty sure thats good ground there,for a topic.Thats not really plugging ,specially since its board related. I'll be sure to check it out!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
OK is there a delay between uploading a podcast and it appearing in the podcast thread ?

I uploaded my podcast and never got any confirmation if it was successfully uploaded . My podcast hasn't appeared in the podcast thread.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If anyone can afford it - I recommend 'Cool Edit', version 2.1 or 2.2 is the one I have, its quite a good program, it allows multi-track audio as well as the usual stereo, and it can save a file in MP3 straight away. Has lots of funky audio effects too

Thx

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hello thanks a bunch for this guide, I am definitely in the Idiot category and I found it very useful

However I am having a problem with my upload. I am getting an error as follows:

----> Array|Sputniksteve Live from Nowhere.mp3 12442774 application/x-prn-download 57application/x-prn-download
Create a new PODcast.
Your file, atsppod_2797.mp3, of application/x-prn-download is not supported, please try a different file.

I have checked my mp3 file that I saved it on and I can listen to it without a problem. Any suggestions?

[edit on 5-2-2008 by sputniksteve]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Response to a possible solution to this problem can be found in the thread you made...

Help with Podcast Upload Please

Thx

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Ok now I have 2 podcasts posted, I want bigger and better! I am hoping to get some help with creating music for bumpers and such, and please keep in mind I am completely unfamiliar with this stuff.

I am using the tools suggested in the OP, so if I do have a section of music to add in the beginning and end, how do I put it together with my speaking?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a program that I can use on my PC for creating said music to add in? Or does anyone know of a source for free royalty-free music?

Thanks for helping, and if there is a thread that covers this already please point me in the right direction.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
that audiocity or lame mp3 encoder has a trojen associated with it.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Ok when I tried to save to mp3 it pops up saying could not open MP3 encoding library... Any suggestions? Or should I take this as a sign?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Voidmaster

If you have dial up, there are programs that greatly improve the computer's performance: www.speedguide.net...

TCP/ Optimizer for Win XP
TCP/ Optimizer PATCH for VISTA and Win7

There is a faster dial up available; Copper Net:
www.copper.net...

They don't "Ad" your bandwith and are about $10 - $11 a month

But try the TCP programs for sure.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Excellent job, I was actually taken back when i realized that I would need some new software to start podcasting, and now i have a brilliant handle on the basics, Thanks again.

I do have a question however, I do not always have my computer hooked up to the internet, Will my PC require an internet connecion to use the programs listed or did you reference an internet connection simply to remind us of the need for internet when uploading to ATS? Thank you in advance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join