It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Responding to the Avian Influenza Pandemic Threat. Recommended Strategic Actions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
On September 2nd the W.H.O sent a report to all member nations with the intent of adressing the emerging avian influenza threat, and outlining specific steps in the event of a pandemic. The various suggestions fall under a three phase model of a pandemic. Pre pandemic phase, emergence of a pandemic virus phase, and pandemic declared, and spread internationally phase. Suggestions included the stockpiling of antiviral drugs, strengthning early warning and detection, and greater international cooperation with research, and disease containment. Some of the more sobering suggestions included the vaccination of what was described as, "priority groups", bans on mass gatherings, travel restrctions, the closure of schools, and quarantine.

www.who.int
This document set's out activities that can be undertaken by individual countries, the international community, and WHO to prepare the world for the next influenza pandemic, and mitigate its impact once international spread has begun.

It was sent to all Member States on Friday 2 September 2005.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It would appear that as each month passes the WHO's language regarding avian influenza gets stronger and stronger. Seems as if this is going to reach pandemic stage and soon. The preparations are being made, and the human cases just keep showing up. Things keep up like this, and flu season should be interesting. One thing to notice, the report specifically states that the public is not to be informed until the pandemic is declared. Keep your eyes open, it seems as if this does turn into a pandemic, we the people will probably be told when it's already too late.

Related News Links:
www.who.int
www.who.int

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Family Cluster outbreak of H5N1 in Vietnam

[edit on 16-9-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

[edit on 27-9-2005 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I wonder if the are ramping up on purpose so as not to instigate a full on panic? You know, meter up the alert level so people are used to each new level?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
That's what it seems like . The report mentions other plans that have been submitted to governments outlining quarrantine measures, and what not, but of course, I can not find any of those.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
things just seem to get worse
were on the march to doomsday

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Someone voted no on this submission, and cited that the source lacked credibility. I am curious as to how the source lacks credibility when the source is the agency itself. This is not from a news site, this is the WHO website, where they stated, in reference to the report.

It was sent to all Member States on Friday 2 September 2005.
www.who.int...

They themselves admit to doing it. How is that not a credible source? I am confused.

df1

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Does the WHO have a history of being accurate? While I have no evidence handy, my perception is that the WHO is just another UN game that is used for a money grab driven by creating fear. I'm to the point that I believe nothing coming from government or other mainstream sources.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Does the WHO have a history of being accurate? While I have no evidence handy, my perception is that the WHO is just another UN game that is used for a money grab driven by creating fear. I'm to the point that I believe nothing coming from government or other mainstream sources.

Interesting perspective, which I do understand. From my understanding though, government, and agencies such as these have one primary function: Damage control.

To me, the very fact that the WHO is even using the word pandemic now, is not a good sign. They have reserved this right the whole time, despite growing evidence that this is in fact the case. I don't know, maybe it's just me...But when fellow "conspiracy theorist"start mentioning a pandemic, I do some research...When a recognized international orginization starts to mention a pandemic, and my president is reading a book about the last great pandemic...I pay a bit closer attention

new topics

top topics

join