It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Search Of- TMS-1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   

PODcast: In Search Of- TMS-1
The Mind Series (TMS). Music for the mind done with drum machine, sequencer, keyboard modules and live guitars, all instrumental. Over the next week or two I will be uploading these tracks off my first album, and hidden in the compilation is a BelowTopSecret message. See if you can figure it out once you have all the files.

length: 06:48
file: bts_musicpodcast_171.mp3
size: 3989k
feed: btsm

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Pro-Fusion

Ooh, I like it!

Seeing as how my favorite rock group is Yes, one could correctly infer that I am fond of interwoven instrumentals with a strong bass line.

I'm still pretty jealous of your production values, but oh well, I play it fast and loose in podspace.

Just wait until I kick out some of my ATS "gag" songs.

Meanwhile, I like the idea of the hidden message. Neat!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Thanks much Majic, glad you liked it! Somehow I figured you might, but I know this really probably won't go over too well here, as most people prefer music meant for the heart. Well, this is something different, and meant to indulge the mind. And the secret really is there, but it will take getting all tunes before you can figure it out. It was encoded in the original album, and no one has ever figured it out without being told. I'm sure one of the bright minds at ATS/BTS will figure it out.

These are low quality versions, and higher quality versions are available. Anyone wanting the higher quality ones u2u me for more info. Look for the others coming soon, and there are a total of 9 tracks.

And Majic as for the production values, no need to be jealous, jeez, just get in there and work! Good stuff takes work. It's fun for me though.

[edit on 14-9-2005 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Great instrumental!!! I love the guitar work man and the hidden message is just a wicked idea..definately looking forward to the next..keep up the great work!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

and hidden in the compilation is a BelowTopSecret message.

I always love a challenge, and believe me, I'm head deep into this one ;p

If you could see my desktop right now, with 13 wav editors open you'd understand my frustration here when I ask just what exactly are we to look for? A hidden message in the form of what? A song? A melody? A phrase? A word?

I've tried here.. they're great songs and all.. fun to listen to .. but while I'm here listening to these songs, I'm trying to pick up on these "clues" that I'm supposed to look for.. and finding nothing. I've tried everything from massive equalizer filtering, file mixing, reverse, stretching, filtering, synthesising, frequency changes.. list goes on and on..

putfile.com.../25812402470.jpg&s=x1

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul

lol, you crack me up QS. No, I am not the Devil.

What, you thought this was gonna be easy?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

done with drum machine, sequencer, keyboard modules and live guitars, all instrumental.

Music Sounds really good, a tad of fusion guitar. Very cool , .... I would be interested to know if this is a home recording or studio and interested in the details of the drum machine, sequencer and keyboard modules.

I used too hide message's in my instrumental music, If I have time, I will study your Mind Series, that should be fun.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hey nice work TrueAmerican. Thanks to usenet I've been fiddlin around with Cubase for awhile now but still am confused most of the time. I have so many instruments and effects processors I don't know what to do with them all.

As for the message, to those looking for it, I wonder if you can spell out something using the scale a-b-c-d-e-f-g for the lowest octave, then for the next octave extrapolate h-i-j-k-l-m-n, etc on up the different octaves. Just a thought, but this would require a trained ear for music notes which I sadly lack at this point in time.

peace

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
excellent music

to bad i cant find a secret message

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Hidden message or not..
It's beautiful..
Way to go True American.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

PODcast: In Search Of- TMS-1 (reply 1)
Reply to most, page 1

length: 05:18
file: bts_musicpodcast_218.mp3
size: 1242k
feed:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
what message?
what are u talking about?
dont understand this thread

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Great work, True American. Very Dream Theater-y to my ear. I love all the time signature changes.
This is really great music, and encoded with a message to boot? Superb! You are obviously a master musician.
I'm so not worthy!
What's your setup?
I do all of my work on a Motif ES8, because, well, its all I have.

Just listened to it again. DANG you're good. DANG!

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
tjack, thanks dude...but really, I'm not even in the same league. I got stuck somewhere down in the minors...And it's old, but oh well... Maybe one of these days I'll come up with something more people wanna hear.

Setup is based around a pc running cubase these days...

iamian,
You have some good questions. I don't understand this thread myself.

fum

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
*tunes down the foreground music* *tunes up the background music* *plays with the background music* *plays background music backwards* *finds message*

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
TrueAmerican

HA! i get it
food for the curious mind,
good idea these PODcasts,

Maybe one of these days I'll come up with something more people wanna hear.

thats the spirit, you seam very creative, music sounds ok, it reminds me of the sountrack to the film, Labyrinth, staring david bowie,

keep on trucking, whoo, whoo

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Look, my music may be old, outdated, and suck, but it appears that at least a few members enjoyed it, and that made all this worth it to me. At least I have the balls to tell someone what I really think, and not play cruel jokes by telling them I really like their music while secretly laughing at it the whole time. I might have been denied, but I am not ignorant. To you that think I am here for alterior motives, you are mistaken.

fum, well do tell if you think you found something by playing the music backwards. What did you find?

I have recommended several people to this site, and if you are one of my friends who knows who I am because you have recognized the music I have posted, and knows the secret, then fine, spill the beans. It doesn't matter anyway, and I was just trying to have a little fun with this. I mistakenly mentioned that this would be worth 50,000 BTS points, but I was wrong, as I appear to be the victim of a cruel joke. So just forget it people.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
~snip~
. I mistakenly mentioned that this would be worth 50,000 BTS points, but I was wrong, as I appear to be the victim of a cruel joke. So just forget it people.

First, I don't see why you under rate yourself. These songs are definitely works of art. I've heard it all, and this stuff rocks, no matter what you may have been told by anyone who may not fully appreciate them.

Second, I found out about the points from a mass u2u a-la ATSadmin, so maybe I too don't understand this thread?!?

I don't care if I figure anything out and win or not ( I will try though) , I'm glad to have heard your music and I would jump at the chance to jam with anyone HALF as gifted as yourself (seriously, not trying to a$$ kiss here)

Don't sell yourself short, man.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
tjack, thanks. Anywhere near Atlanta? Let's rock, dude! If you liked this tune, you might like a couple of the other BTS podcast uploads I have done. Just look for them under the BTS music podcasts section.

I was under the impression that I was the only one who received that u2u, for various reasons. But if you got it, ok then, I guess they were serious. Geez, I really have a hard time figuring out what goes on around here sometimes.

Anyway, either way, it's no big deal, and for those of you that don't care, I'm right with yas. For those that do, I'll play ball with ya.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Cool, man. Too bad I'm nowhere near Atlanta, I'm a New Englander..........SOUTHERN New Englander that is!! (Home of ESPN)

Say....Perhaps we could collaborate via midi-files or something. Hmmmm....how to use the technology to close the gap. Midi files, right? I know I can export them, and .wav files too. Probably other stuff as well, this dern keyboard is more than I've been able to absorb in the year I've had her.

Maybe we could start an ATS band (probably all ready been done, I haven't checked) where all the members in the band were remote from each other. You seem like the perfect guy to bring it all together, judging from the sound of your other stuff.

Have you mentioned how many different parts make up TMS?? Is it just the 3 that have been posted? Is there more?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join