It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S-4 Papoose Mountain

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
No such thing as a "3 sided Pyramid".

All pyramids are the same, square base, 5 sides all together.

This structure is a tetrahedron, and would have no mysterious "Pyramid" power.

Just to add, thankyou for that information Shadowhawk, that clears up the mystery.

Lets hope other sites are also aware of these facts, and dont jump to the "CT" everytime.

But that Aint no Pyramid.

edit on 7-10-2013 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

dogshark
reply to post by gariac

I wasn't clear about the part where he discovers the base. Where is he located at that point, coming from what point? How is it that he's taken surprise by the base's existence? You'd figure he'd know exactly what's there before going in.

I've got the KMZ file for Google Earth which plots Freeman's entire path. This file was built using Freeman's map as an overlay. PM me if you'd like to have it. It should answer most of your questions.
edit on 9-10-2013 by HumanOnEarth because: wording clarification

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Just grabbed this pic of what I believe is Area S4 at Papoose from Apple maps, what do you think?

Looks like they used the spoil of digging it out to create an elevated drop off/ turn around point in front of the hangars (bottom of pic).

Also seems to be some sort of entrance at the bottom right of the highlighted area at the end of the hangers (as described by Lazar)

S4

Google maps link (note: Lower res than Apple, cannot make out area clearly)

edit on 10-1-2014 by tc2290 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

tc2290
Looks like they used the spoil of digging it out to create an elevated drop off/ turn around point in front of the hangars (bottom of pic).

Your "elevated drop off/turn around point", like a good portion of the north end of Papoose "Dry" Lake, is under water when this image was taken. So it cannot be elevated, at least higher than the lakebed.

Your "spoil of digging" could be anything. Follow the perimeter of the lake, there are all kinds of interesting topographical features. And why would they go to the major and unlikely task of hiding the "hangar" doors in the side of a hill, yet leave piles of dirt laying about to indicate what they were doing.

This topic has been beat to death on here.
edit on 11-1-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
A pile of dirt had appeared near Base Camp at
N38 20 24.94 W116 16 11.92
Perhaps they have added a secret UFO base there. ;-)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hi, I'm new on the forum, I'm not able to make a new thread yet in this section. I am in Las Vegas and was planning on going to Groom Lake tomorrow. Does anyone have any advice on directions and just general information about the surrounding area?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

formless
Hi, I'm new on the forum, I'm not able to make a new thread yet in this section. I am in Las Vegas and was planning on going to Groom Lake tomorrow. Does anyone have any advice on directions and just general information about the surrounding area?

Go to this link, and print the map or save on tablet/iPad, etc.:
www.rachel-nevada.com...

Also this map and do the same:
www.rachel-nevada.com...

Check current weather conditions, however it is paved all the way to Groom Lake Road. GLR is usually in pretty good condition, although I have never been there in the winter. Do NOT pass the WARNING signs, however feel free to get out and take pictures. Again, do NOT cross the border whether in vehicle or on foot. You will be detained, and get like a $600 fine.
edit on 13-1-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Just to be clear here, GLR isn't paved, just the ET Highway (375). And NDOT doesn't do anything regarding the ET Highway. You are on your own. Use a bit of caution on Hancock Summit going down to GLR. Black ice on Hancock summit can be an issue due to the road being steep and curvy. The road has its share of "monuments" for the victims; one where the woman got out of her vehicle and it rolled on her.

Fill up in Ash Springs or Alamo. The Sinclair in Alamo is your last chance at anything resembling coffee. Though it isn't written anywhere, coffee is free with a fill up at the Sinclair in Alamo. Just keep your receipt from the pump. I use the Sinclair if the sheriff isn't parked there, otherwise I use the gas station in Ash Springs. [The Sinclair used to be a Chevron, so a lot of old documents on the internet will reference the Chevron in Alamo.]

There are a few people doing a trip on MLK weekend, with the floating holiday on the 20th this year. The base doesn't operate on federal holidays, or at least the Janets won't be flying. The approaching full moon will kill any chances of a night time test. But for your first visit, I don't think that matters much.

Red Flag 14-1 starts on January 27th. However the Typhoons from the UK are already in Vegas. They brought a tri-star tanker as well. It might pay to spend an hour or so at the Nellis fence before heading up route 93 if you have the time. You park at the speedway. Parking at the Nellis fence line will get you a visit from security.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

gariac

Just to be clear here, GLR isn't paved, just the ET Highway (375). And NDOT doesn't do anything regarding the ET Highway. You are on your own. Use a bit of caution on Hancock Summit going down to GLR. Black ice on Hancock summit can be an issue due to the road being steep and curvy. The road has its share of "monuments" for the victims; one where the woman got out of her vehicle and it rolled on her.

Oops, good point gariac. GLR is dirt/gravel(dust? something close to talcum powder)

I am in northern Canada, so I forget that other people on this planet don't have to contend with 4+ feet of snow. Or have a 4WD truck that pretty well stays in 4WD all winter.

Fill up in Ash Springs or Alamo. The Sinclair in Alamo is your last chance at anything resembling coffee. Though it isn't written anywhere, coffee is free with a fill up at the Sinclair in Alamo. Just keep your receipt from the pump. I use the Sinclair if the sheriff isn't parked there, otherwise I use the gas station in Ash Springs. [The Sinclair used to be a Chevron, so a lot of old documents on the internet will reference the Chevron in Alamo.]

However, you cannot buy alcohol in Alamo. Yet you can in Ash Springs. Very strange. Seems someone has power issues in Alamo.

I discovered the free coffee at the Alamo Sinclair last trip.

There are a few people doing a trip on MLK weekend, with the floating holiday on the 20th this year. The base doesn't operate on federal holidays, or at least the Janets won't be flying. The approaching full moon will kill any chances of a night time test. But for your first visit, I don't think that matters much.

Red Flag 14-1 starts on January 27th. However the Typhoons from the UK are already in Vegas. They brought a tri-star tanker as well. It might pay to spend an hour or so at the Nellis fence before heading up route 93 if you have the time. You park at the speedway. Parking at the Nellis fence line will get you a visit from security.

More good points from gariac. You may see absolutely nothing flying near Area 51, but if you hang out near Nellis AFB in Vegas, on a weekday, you will be almost guaranteed to see some awesome aircraft.

Not sure about during Red Flag, but hanging about near Nellis on a weekend is a waste of time. As gariac points out, lots of parking at the Speedway across the road on the north side of the base. Although, I have parked near the fence and never had a problem with security. But don't push your luck.
edit on 14-1-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Well now you used to be able to buy alcohol in Alamo, but at the truck stop on the north side of town that has been shut down for a few years. There is no city ordinance against it, but the Sinclair is owned by Mormons. [Christensen family. They own much of the town. No beer for you! What the Christensen family doesn't own, the Higbee's do.]

Groom Lake Road is dirt until you reach the border, which you can't pass anyway. They do blade the dirt to get the ruts out, but that is about it. No phone service out there, so don't plan on getting stuck. The AT&T cellular site on the mountain west of the metropolis of Alamo is functional now. Possibly some places along GLR have reception, but I couldn't sniff the tower when on Tikaboo. If you have a ham radio, you can reach the repeaters on Angels Peak from the intersection of the ET Highway and GLR. Probably they would work further down the road, but I never tested this. A portable ham radio with modest antenna (Diamond RH-77) is about the cheapest backup. I keep meaning to do a decent survey of repeaters. There is one at Warm Springs and it is relayed to Highland Peak. Warm Springs is so remote that the repeater wouldn't do much good without a link since there is nobody in range of Warm Springs to talk to. The Angels Peak repeaters are very busy.

The Starbucks coffee seems to be the same price as the other coffee. It is self serve. Who knows if it is really Starbucks. This is rural Nevada. You get what you can get. But if you can find me, I serve Peets.

Back to travel, it really helps to have a full size spare out there. You won't get one from the rental companies unfortunately. And the rentals have passenger tires. Technically you can't even take a rental vehicle off road if you stick to the contract.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Formless, how did it go?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join