It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got hit with a sobig virus twice today......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Anyone else having this problem?.
Twice I recieved an attachment that contained a sobig virus within the span of 20 minutes.
There should be some recourse one could take against these little assholes without getting the government invovled,and without having to stoop down to their level and become a hacker ones self.
I think this is happening to get everyone to scream "please big bwudda,protect us from the hackers!!",so the government will gain more control of the web,and basically ruin it.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Anti virus and firewalls, anti virus, firewall, anti virus and firewall.

Try PC cillin, or some other decent anti virus software, just be sure it is a reputable company and not some scam jam

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The attachment never opened because the anti-virus software stopped it beforehand,the thing that burns me is how malicious little nerds get off by screwing up other people computers.
But don't some of these worms cause your email to shoot previously sent messages to other computers?,sounds like it would be a handy way of spying on correspondence doesn't it?,there is no way of tracking down who arranged for this private info to go other computers,let alone which computer, since it hides in several for some time before it activates.
Probably a problem created by big bwudda to get enough people crying for help,while harvesting valuable info at the same time.
The internet was created by the government.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
anti virus and firewall won't stop people sending you those email.

Custom mail filter is the way to go

(come on, they use always the same subject, and you can get a list of 'em on symantec.com)

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
1. patch your computer
2. set your email program to NOT open attatchments automatically, or better yet, tell it to toss them automatically.
3. comedy "switch to linux" option

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Try mail washer then you can see all the e mails you recieve before you open them... then just delete all the junk mail!

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I wonder why they want to infect my puter so bad?.
Could it be because I have a bad attitude?.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Got hit about 5 times yesterday total,and now 6 more times today.
What the fk is everyone trying to fk my computer up for?,what did I do to deserve such abuse?,why is everybody always pickin on me?.
Why,why ,why Oh why?.
NYUK.
Peace.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Make that 7 times today.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
[Edited on 9/9/2003 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
My antivirus won't let them in anyway,I am just kind of astonished about how many times I have received an attachment containing avirus,just found another one in my email ........
If they are just mass mailing them there will be a lot of fkd up computers around soon..

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Today I got 11 e-mails that contained the SoBig virus in them.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
But they seem to have stopped,just checked 30 emails and there aws not a single one in them,hmmmmm.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I only got one email containing the sobig virus. Must be lucky.

new topics

top topics

join