It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the United States Ministry of Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
usinfo.state.gov...

there you go. no need to think for yourself, anymore. the ministry of truth is TCB.
notice that conspiracy planet and rense are number ones on the hit list.
that's because there is *actual truth* theresabout.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I had no idea that Jihad Unspun was run by a Canadian woman.

"Jihad Unspun, a website run by a Canadian woman who converted to Islam after the September 11 attacks when she became convinced that Osama bin Laden was right"

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hmm, so because they tell you things to use to identify misinformation, they're thinking for you? This quote I found interesting from the site:

For example, the Soviet disinformation apparatus regularly blamed the U.S. military or intelligence community for a variety of natural disasters as well as political events. In March 1992, then-Russian foreign intelligence chief Yevgeni Primakov admitted that the disinformation service of the Soviet KGB intelligence service had concocted the false story that the AIDS virus had been created in a US military laboratory as a biological weapon.

Apparently our own people are doing a pretty good job of blaming the US for natural disasters now.

If you read the headlines of Rense.com, do you think that...Oh, I dunno, maybe they have an agenda?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Hmm, so because they tell you things to use to identify misinformation, they're thinking for you? This quote I found interesting from the site:

For example, the Soviet disinformation apparatus regularly blamed the U.S. military or intelligence community for a variety of natural disasters as well as political events. In March 1992, then-Russian foreign intelligence chief Yevgeni Primakov admitted that the disinformation service of the Soviet KGB intelligence service had concocted the false story that the AIDS virus had been created in a US military laboratory as a biological weapon.

and why should we believe a lying foreign spy?
why should we believe they lie, but we don't? you're not thinking for yourself.
notice your argument to my accusing 'them' of 'telling us' what to think?
here's an important part of your reply: ......."because they tell you".

Apparently our own people are doing a pretty good job of blaming the US for natural disasters now.

HAARPing on it, are they?

If you read the headlines of Rense.com, do you think that...Oh, I dunno, maybe they have an agenda?

yes. they have an agenda at rense to allow articles to be published that might not be published eslewhere due to "political incorrectness"(cattle prod) or "too out there"-ness. rense has a disclaimer, i'm sure, which says something to the effect of "the opinions of the authors are not necessarily the opinon of rense.com".
rense allows people to think for themselves.
so does conspiracy planet.

THOUGHTCRIME!!!!!!!!!

this government disinformation outlet is there specifically to keep the truth from reaching the public. that is my opinion. i see it as fact, but i won't try and 'prove' it to anyone.
ALL proofs are built on assumptions. the first one being that what you observe with your senses exists.

does this government PROPOGANDA webpage say, "some stuff at rense is true", because i guarantee some of it is true. it's a big website with MANY articles.

their points about how to read disinfo are crapulent. someday, when i have more time and energy, perhaps i will take them one by one and argue against their validity.
i wouldn't have to if people could think for themselves(not meant as an insult, but rather, as an observation of a common malady).

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Won't be long before we have Thought Police.

BTW, isn't there another thread on this? I thought I saw one...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
and why should we believe a lying foreign spy?
why should we believe they lie, but we don't?

Recipricated arguement: Why should we believe we lie, but they don't?

We need to filter through news. We can't just use one source to make up our minds because we like or fear what they're saying. The good news is not always the true news, just as the terrifying news is not always the true news. The fact that I can't corroborate articles on Rense generally (except on blogs) lowers their credibility greatly in my mind. So I guess I'll keep checking several news sources and continue to not think for myself.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Recipricated arguement: Why should we believe we lie, but they don't?

trust those who have nothing to gain and/or everything to lose. in the case of government propganda outlets, trust that they are lying to you through their shiny white teeth.

We need to filter through news. We can't just use one source to make up our minds because we like or fear what they're saying. The good news is not always the true news, just as the terrifying news is not always the true news. The fact that I can't corroborate articles on Rense generally (except on blogs) lowers their credibility greatly in my mind. So I guess I'll keep checking several news sources and continue to not think for myself.

we do need to filter through news. nowadays, we also have to check the background of the authors for 'agendas'. well, in the case of this government site, the agenda is clear, ...'be the 'authoritative'(i love that they used that word) source for 'truth''.
i just read a great list of links to articles detailing FEMA's numerous attempts and methods of blocking aid from reaching the desperate and dying people of new orleans on rense. didn't taste like disinfo to me. it tasted like truth.

p.s. the not think for yourself comment is a general statement about the type of people who will read the disinfo site, and feel like they now have the truth because the gov. said so. i said you, specifically weren't thinking for yourself on this one issue, more as a 'colour' comment than a literal one. i know you are a dedicated researchy type guy, and good on ya.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
trust those who have nothing to gain and/or everything to lose. in the case of government propganda outlets, trust that they are lying to you through their shiny white teeth.

By that reasoning, we need to start looking into Alex Jones for destroying the World Trade Center and attacking the Pentagon!

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The best advice: Consider the source. 'Course my interpretation doesn't jibe with theirs...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is a really popular link.

It's discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join