It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry "Satan" Potter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
God gave us the 10 Commandments, humans wrote the bible, so I am going to follow what God gave us, not humans.

God didnt give you jack.. he gave Moses the 10 commandments, which were acually more around 66 commandments, and Moses in turn gave them to us.. but you wouldnt know any of that.. cause you dont read the bible

so how can you make any claim to following what god gave us? did god bring you your own set of tablets with the commandments on them? how would you even know that such a thing as the 10 commandments even exists if someone who had read the bible hadnt told you?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
i love harry! i read every book to my son and i don't care if the devil himself wrote it. it's a great story and a good time!

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
For the love of harry potter, why is non-capitalization of a sentence's first letter so popular here? It's not 1998 any more folks.

C'mon people, you're giving harry-readers a bad name! Press SHIFT!

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Here is a link to a trailer for an anti-Harry program:

www.carylmatrisciana.com...

To be honest and literal, Harry Potter does PROMOTE witchcraft since that is what the books are indeed about.

For slow connections, you can usually (it works at this page too) start the stream with Media Player; open Properties; get the direct link to the media file; change the .asx (streaming file) to .wmv; download the file.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I couldn't watch all of the PREVIEW! I just wanted to beat my head against the wall as this total douche "If you don't kill a Witch, then I won't be able to molest your kid, KILLS WITCHES!" Like wow, these people need to stop voting republican and get a life/brain.

But as I just said these people vote republican, so easy to tell, they are braindead, brainwashed, and well, just the way the guy spoke when talking was enough to tell you how he felt.

EDIT:

My original list was

Good according to FCR/other Christian groups
Rape
Murder
Stealing
Torture
Child Abuse

Bad
"Bad" Language
Magic
Good guys beating bad guys

Now some to add

Good according to FCR/other Christian groups
Beating gays/blacks and then dragging them to death behind your car
Going into a convience store where a person of Arab decent works and killing them for being Arabic
Setting houses on fire because the woman who lives there is a nurse at a hospital that performs surgery, which according to the church, is playing God
Shooting people because they had the gull to go trick or treating on Halloween

Bad
Love
Compassion
Tolerance
Having Fun
Thinking For Yourself
Not killing people because they aren't rich white heterosexual christian males or their wife

[edit on 30-10-2005 by Full Metal]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Full Metal - Interesting thoughts. How long have you been so angry and bitter and confused and racist? Good luck with that.

I'd comment on all of your post but that would be like writing a thesis on a knock knock joke.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Racist? How is brainwashed a race? Sorry, but ignorance is not a race, so hating it isn't racist... If I was a christian then you could call me racist for hating blacks and arabs and Jews, but I'm not, I follow God, not "See, this book written by humans says that blacks aren't humans and orders them to be slaves!" And that quote is fact, the Southern folks used the bible to tell the slaves they were suppose to be slaves.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'd like to just point three things out:

1. Every group of people whether grouped by nationality or race or religion has members who commit acts in your broad and generalized lists. However, you seem to be of the opinion that only whites, or fundamentalist "Christians" or republicans, commit such acts. That is racist. It is also pretty funny.

2. How or why is your mood: "[img]http://cli"

3. You've probably just read too many Harry Potter novels.

You are so disinformed that even misinformed would be an improvement. Harry novels will do that to you.

[edit on 31-10-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Uh, wow, Racist? You mean Bigot, not racist. Racist is hating on one race, or race other then your own, Bigot is hating on Gays, Religon, so forth. Wow, how old are you that a high schooler knows that and you don't?

And my mood? I tried putting a special smiley face down there and never got around to changing it.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
No. I mean racist. You are making blanket and inane generalizations regarding "white fundamentalist 'christians' and republicans". And yes, for some reason
I feel like I'm in high school every time you post something new.

Still, it is fun to read your racist and biggoted views while you then accuse countless others of the same thing. But what do I know. I'm only white and religious myself. According to you I can't think originally anyway. Luckily I can still figure out that you are bitter and full of candy corn. You're probably a gay ultra-liberal democrat.

(Some of that was sarcasm. Candy corn isn't that bad really.)

And speaking about high school. I know I learned that the following sentence is faulty for at least five reasons (not including the tired use of popular slang as well as the instance of redundancy).

Racist is hating on one race, or race other then your own, Bigot is hating on Gays, Religon, so forth.

[edit on 31-10-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If Harry Potter's author was in league with Satan...the books would be better!

When I was a youngling, I read The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion, books which kick Harry Potter's pasty little schoolboy butt from here to Mordor and back.

Tolkien was da man...and still is.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Except Christianity isn't a race, it is a type of ignorance. SO telling the truth about christians is not being racist.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
Except Christianity isn't a race, it is a type of ignorance. SO telling the truth about christians is not being racist.

I agree. You are a genius! "Christians" are as stupid as
s!!! You must inform as many people as possible about this insightful breakthrough. Put it on bumper stickers and put it on a big A-Team barn-tank with welded on scrap armor and crash it into the wall! :bnghd: INTO THE WALL OF IGNORANCE!!! :bnghd: :bnghd: :bnghd: Break us through that wall!!! and all of those other stupid walls that stand around uselessly and sometimes get together and form useless rooms in useless buildings with halls and more walls and more rooms and more walls. And after you break them all down (the walls) we'll build a bunch of more walls only harder and stronger to knock down just so you have something to knock on.

Do not keep this brilliance to yourself. To hell with being humble; that's for "christians" and white people. To hoard the refreshing fruits of your exceptional brain would be such an undeniable neglect of your fellow man's wellbeing that I shudder at the horror of a world minus your intellectual guidance. The horror! Throw whitey into the horror (unless of course he is gay or she is into lesbianism or if they can prove they are ultra-liberal bitter-heads like us)! Take us there Full Metal. Take us to Hammer-time.
You are an enlightened being to whom words or basic rules of grammar are mere funny business, hocus pocus, hogwash, and hoity-toity balderdashery. Your peace, love and tenderness break down that wall of fancy-pantsed old-fashioned ways of the ignorant olden days.

We trust you Full Metal to lead us not astray but ever-long, steadfast and head-first to a beautiful and better day. A happy day void of petty differences and ugly dismay. You are a visionary as well as a leader and teacher and a gentleman. I scream at the now voided efforts of countless would-be-philosophers and pretender-prophets who wasted energy and thought while seeking forward and upward for answers. As you have shown me, all the answers we need lie backward and downward.

Your way is the only way to a day unlike today. So simple and truthful. So elegant and beautiful. I will dedicate the remainder of my Earthly finality to composing praiseful poetry in your honorable name so you might find the necessary strength to change this lonely, hopeless and loathsome world one message board at a time. As all good constructions of superior reason must have a solid foundation, you have wisely started at BTS in the literature forum filed under a Harry Potter thread. I do not doubt that your computer is situated upon an East-West axis of super-human knowledge.

Your destiny's path will be tiresome
but lest you succumb or grow weary
here is my first poem of many
to make you feel nice
and cheery

Ode to Full Metal (Poem 1 of 3,905; Stanza 1-2 of 11,000; Draft 1)
Dear Full Metal from your #1 fan -
I bet you are a great dancer
and loads of fun at a party .
If you were a food you would
be a can of
in Hawaii.

Kill all the "christians" and whitey and white children :bash:
love well-adjusted democratic gays
this is the way that the sad sad world

will get to the best and most-bestest of days

[edit on 1-11-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
You are kidding me people
what do you think you are doing when you're praying (prayer is a for of "witchcraft")
and Harry Potter barely touches real witch craft, it's completely harmless
PS wiccans don't believe in satan. the end.
I am sick of this stigma
get over it
you are supposed to accept all other religions
wicca and paganism are religions
just study them and you'll realize that we are good people
we don't follow "satan" or believe in it
satan is a stupid concept anyway...
karma and multiple lives...I see no Satan there
but yet we do follow and higher being
be that god or whatever
and there are christians that are witches too(think about that one)
anyway harrypotter has nothing to do with satan and neither does wicca
deal with it and get over yourselves.
Artist

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

God gave us the 10 Commandments, humans wrote the bible,

Actually the tablets that "God" wrote were broken,smashed, destroyed in short.
the tablets that came off the mountain were written by Moses and last I knew
he was a human.

Acyually " Paganism" is not a religion. It is an umbrella term under which several
beliefs are grouped much the same as the term christian.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The whole premise behind the stories is one persons stand against a seemingly insurmountable evil. It's a classic staple of literature because it works. And they are damnably well written (I should do half so well).:shk:

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

christians, by definition, follow Christ. And He's the one that wrote the Bible

actually there are few if any NT xians that follow the teachings of
R. Yehoshua Ben Josef although they will not admit it or are ignorant of the
fact NT xians follow the teachings of paul/saul. It is all Yehoshua as taught by paul.

Wrong. R. Yehoshua Ben Josef wrote nothing, well there is some evidence that he may have wrote a document but that document has yet to surface.

Newsflash!!!!!!!!!!!!
The bible did not arrive by fax from heaven. It was written BY men FOR men.

The Law is the Living Word of the Living God. God did not write the Law in Books but in your HEART".

haveing watched that ludicris trailer it is quite obvious that the makers have never read the HP books, they are going on HEARSAY. what somebodyelse
has told them. To me They personify Muggles.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

The bible did not arrive by fax from heaven. It was written BY men FOR men.

So are you saying that god had absolutely nothing to do with the bible. That it is a man made story based soley on speculation? I like that theory. If that's not what you meant, then I would assume that god told people what to write, then those men where ghost writers. So that would mean that god is the actual Author. I just don't understand how reading a book with witchcraft in it would be considered condoning witchcraft.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Ok, sorry, but LOTR, the Hobbit being the best, would layeth the smacketh down on Harry and crew, but HP is not satan or something.

I watched the trailer, never laughed that hard since I last saw the South Park movie. I can't believe these people it's Dogma all over again.(The movie not the crap rules stuff)

Also, the 10 C's were written by God, then Moses, then someone else, I highly doubt the original remains, so they to are written by humans. And really they aren't that great, no work on the sabbath? Great in theory, until your house burns down on a Sunday because the fire department couldn't work on the sabbath. Not taking any other gods or name in vain? Really, who cares what you worship as long as you don't hurt people? I am a church going Methodist, done lots of work with my church, but am I about to condem a Buddist or Witch to hell? No, not unless they do something that deserves it.

Anyways, these people who have nothing better to do then protest a book need to get a life. These people need to read, or see, or listen, to the things they protest. They protested against Dogma, a movie about Good Guys Stopping bad guys, one of the Bad Guys being forgiven by GOD for their actions, as their actions were to get into heaven after being cast out, a great story. But no, it has Jay and Silent Bob, and God was a woman, so they had to protest it.

Also, Bible was written by humans, all of it, and some of it rather poorly, like our Preacher says, follow the stories, don't worship them, as that is what God is for.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
hey man, why does everyone push catholics into one little group of babbling bible-thumping retards? im catholic, not hardcore catholic, but still jesus is my homeboy and i love harry potter. the whole satanic thing? its not the books themselves, its what people make of them. most people can read it, think of it as a good story, put it down, and walk away. but if someone wants to read them and interperate them as "the work of the devil", well, thats them. if some obsessed little kid wants to be just like harry potter and goes off to study witchcraft, (although ive never heard of such an incident) its not the book, its what the kid made of it. a lot of people today just take everything out of context to the extreme, and its getting a little irritating.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join