It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

600 Firefighters from Illinois Not Allowed In

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
There are 600 firefighters from Illinois just sitting around at LSU because FEMA won't let them in and help. FEMA is in no positon to turn down help and they have been doing this all over Louisiana. They turned down 3 semis full of supplies from Wal-Mart right after the storm saying it was not needed and they had the situation under control.

This is crazy.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
please provide a link to support the title.....

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I can confirm the legitamacy of the firefighters from Illinois not being allowed in, I just saw it on CNN this morning, so take my word for it until someone finds a link.

I have to say it's really pretty pathetic that so many firefighters from my state go down there, but aren't allowed in because of all the red tape. That drives me crazy, those guys came down to help, and it's not like they wouldn't be useful in helping all the people out down in New Orleans.

But I have to say, thanks to all the firefighters who went down to help. I remember a lot of firefighters did the same thing right after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and it's definatly an honorable effort.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This is not on the internet. I saw it on CNN and I heard it on the radio. The 600 firefighters were extremely frustrated yesterday.

new topics

top topics

join