It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear George...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I dont necessarily buy that one. They have known for years that the levys needed repairing or shoring up for a higher level of storms. This is known both at the state and local level. They spent moneys on the citys and even a sports dome. They did not spend moneys on levys. Federal moneys have been allocated for years for this very thing. I am sure this is why the moneys were cut..they werent spent on new levys. You know this is what happens when audits are concluded dont you ...?? If the moneys are not spent on the project they are discontinued. But it is easy to overlook this too in the blame game.
No doubt ..now they will get new levys...and new pumping stations elevated for category 5 storms. They will also be audited much closer.
While I feel for the people caught up in the storm ..I am also aware that the looters are not all poor people. I am waiting to see how many of these democrat liberal politicians and their buddys in buisness are going to be looting the billions coming into the state for repairs. This too is going to be a politicial circus. The wagons are already circling.
Get ready for a circus of "blame gaming" at a local state and federal level!!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

<< 1   >>

join