It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powell On North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I noticed on another topic that some of us saw lack of immediate injection into the Iraqi forces meant something was being held back for North Korea.

At least at this stage, Colin Powell sees it differently, through more diplomatic solutions. But then, it seems to start out that way always...

I don't think SOS Colin Powell will be in situ if this admin goes super-postal and moves on into NK. I think at least half the key players in this admin will be gone before then, if it happens. Will it happen?

Powell impatient about N Korean threats

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 04, 2003 12:16:23 PM

WASHINGTON: Secretary of State Colin Powell called on North Korea to refrain from making military threats and to take seriously US proposals for ending the impasse over the country's nuclear weapons programmes.

Powell met for an hour on Wednesday with South Korean Foreign Minister Yoon Young-Kwan and then commented on last week's six-nation talks in China on East Asian security issues.

"We are looking for a diplomatic solution," Powell said. "We have no intention of invading North Korea or attacking North Korea."

More here ...

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Wow, Cheney's folks must be enraged by now...

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
They�re not holding back troops for North Korea, they're just not keen on sending more of their own because they know what the reaction would be amongst Americans if they sent in more troops, which is why their asking for 10,000 foreign troops to go, and we're (U.K) about to pledge 5000 of those. I'm all for foreign troops going in as it could well help defuse some tensions, but it has to be under the U.N banner, If only because I don't believe it will make much difference to the hostile Iraqi�s if foreign troops go in under the control of the U.S, which these troops will be.

North Korea won't happen for a good long while yet. Not in an all out war sense anyway.

new topics

join