It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) and the what is really happening...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Mutually Assured Destruction, better known by its acronym MAD (surely the best deserved title in history) is the concept that pervaded US/Soviet relations for the better part of 50 years. In MAD, the idea was that between 2 nuclear armed opponents, any aggression by one would be met by complete and total nuclear retaliation by the other. In short, no one would dare to start a conflict as both parties would instantly and totally be destroyed.

There are those who claim that MAD was the basis of stability and relative peace between the US and Soviet Union for the better part of 50 years.

It is also known that trillions of dollars were expended by the US alone in defence, both to build and enhance nuclear deterrent abilities, early warning, and a host of related defensive measures, as well as to research and develope new and advanced defensive technologies, either to get an edge over the Soviet Union, or in the opinions of some, simply to keep up.

There is no publicly available record (that I have found anyway) of exactly how much financial expenditures the Soviet Union went through during the same time frame, although it is reasonable to expect them to be at least equivalent.

The Cold War also served another purpose... it provided a Boogey Man hanging over the population... something to be scared of, and cower under the protection of thier respective governments. It also provided justification for these governments to hide certain aspects of thier functioning from the population, in the name of "national security".

Now, assume, just for the sake of arguement, that the US and Soviet Union were cooperating in some massive project that would require the sum total of financial investment that were assumed to be going into the respective defence spending. The Cold War served simply as a smoke screen to keep this cooperation off of the radar screens of the public.

Perhaps the New World Order is much further along than any of us realize?

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
arent we living in those times? only a logical assumption.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Btw.. did you know/ have you heard?

Mighty military machine of USSR was even during Stalin era build for defence.. they never had a plan to even take over western europe..

US just claimed.. newly opened secret archives in Moscow tell this fact.

GG US OF A.
NOT!

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Of course I'm upset, Dmitri....

Now, now, Dmitri, there's no need to talk like that....

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Not true!
Russia had very explicit plans for invading Europe during a war. Once the Wall fell all the plans were revealed and showed that Europe would have been unable to prevent the USSR from taking over.

They were going to nuke some stratagec cities and run their armoured columns though the center I think.

Sorry no link, it was all in the news about 10 years ago

MAD worked succesfuly its goal was to bankrupt the USSR though military spending, and htis was successfully achieved. OK it cost a lot but who knows the civilian tech advances that may never have been discovered otherwise

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Btw.. did you know/ have you heard?

Mighty military machine of USSR was even during Stalin era build for defence.. they never had a plan to even take over western europe..

US just claimed.. newly opened secret archives in Moscow tell this fact.

GG US OF A.
NOT!

[Edited on 4-9-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
That is similar to a thought that I shared on another thread,I presented the possibility that the US may be taking the heat as the bad guy in this Iraq invasion,only as a smokescreen to cover other things going on between governments of the world.
That is the only way it even makes sense,it is obvious that GeeDubya isn't too worried about re-election since The US went into Iraq pretty much knowing that the reasons for the invasion were falsely presented to the public,and remember,he stole the presidency anyway,if he wants it again,he will just steal it again...
The more I think about this mess,the more it hurts my head.....
Yes,there is a possibity that the NWO is far more advanced along it's agenda than we know,and if it is,those who smell the New World Odor will be the next in line to be eliminated somehow.
There is an interesting theory bouncing around the net that basically goes:NESARA(national economic stability and recovery act) was going to be divulged to the public on 9/11/01,interesting rumour,considering what it is,can't find any supporting evidence of it anywhere,some say it is a hoax...interesting still.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
If you figure that basically, The Illuminati/Cabal pretty much control nations period, and work behind the scenes, and simply play "advisaries at one anothers throats", then your theory is plausible, DR, that all this is smokescreen and drama.

The NWO has already started long ago in Europe, Australia, perhaps, clenching the vice lock? The entire scope of the NWO probably will not be known, I think we only see the tip of the iceberg. When you think about what has happened...... and what has been allowed out, then you have to wonder how much has never been known to us.

Where is it all going?

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Netchinken:

That news was: if US would have attacked first.

USSR had no plans for first attack.

US did have plans. That is one reason for the huge US Navy. And the carrier force.

But the US claimed that USSR had..
lies more lies.

Shame on you US.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Is to turn us against one another,the terrorist threat was set up to enact some laws and simultaneously scare people with just an "ism" (terrorism),so when someone is stolen away by the government for whatever reason,the only explanation the dummies on the street need to hear is "he was known to have associations with know terrorist groups",and the dumb neighbors will go with the classic #"I never did trust that guy" and that will be the end of it for that guy,that is why it seems they are trying to turn everything into a terrorist act these days.
This mutually assured destruction is too destructive for the greed little bastards,they want something left to steal from everyone when the # goes down,nukes are just for scaring populations into a stupor and getting them to ask their governments"please save us from the big bad bomb!!" ,the same way they are using terrorism now....

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Blowing up the planet would be a good way to stop an alien invasion.

Above that though the cold war served as a system of checks and Balances.

The New World Order cannot come into being with two major super power at odds. The overall goal is to have total control over the whole world and make things miserable.

This cannot happen during war which is why the secret societies hate war, even cold wars. I cant imagine why GWB would start a war. They must really hate him.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
There is only ONE!!
!!!!!!GREED!!!!!!
Nuclear weapons are only for scaring the bajesus out of populations to control them,chances are that they won't be used,why would they destroy the environment if they have to live here too?,why would you want to be forced to live under ground for 25 years?.
The people who control the world are based in new york,that is who was being attacked.
UN,IMF,WTO,Banks............................greedyboys

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I would highly agree, MAD and other such "conflicts" are engineered to hold the population in a state of semi-panic, which makes controlling the population much easier.

I have long said that the next major terrorist attack will likely be used as an excuse to implement the FEMA protocols, and since the actual damage will likely be contained to a small geographic area, but the panic would spread like wildfire, it would certainly serve for this kind of activity.

new topics

top topics

join