It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina scam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I am currently attacking a person from Nigeria who is running an email scam to grab money from people on behalf of Louisiana flooding.

I am leading this piece of crap on, letting him think I am interested in helping him. Then the fun starts.

Beware of these email scams.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Ah yes the ol'419 scam. Here is a site about people who lead these loser on and make them do some pretty crazy stuff. www.419eater.com

Edit: Made the url an actual link.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by uninspired]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
419 Eater

Oh wow! now this is what I call fun...and you get to fight crime too!!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I got emails from Nigeria too... One said "we have Gold in cans, and we need your help, you will get 20%", I wrote to them and asked " what you need ?? a can opener ?? "... never heard from them again...lol

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

I got emails from Nigeria too... One said "we have Gold in cans, and we need your help, you will get 20%",

That is a new one I always get the misplaced fortune.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
actually, i am already a member of 419eater. This bait was special to me, because of the shameless attempt to cash in on a tradgedy. I hope others from here take an interest in harrassing these crooks.

beware of scammers

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
These are becoming all too frightfully common---any idea why they all seem to originate from Nigeria? At least that's where most of the ones I've heard about seem to come from.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Make sure to get an address to "send a check to" and a the full name of who to make it out to. Then promptly turn it over the the proper authorities.
Something else you can try is to set up a time to chat live with them via whatever messanger and trace their IP. Again, turn it over to the authorities.

Don't just bait 'em.
Bust 'em!

These people need a serious face stabbing.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
if you are curious, stop by and visit. There are many busts made.
The sad truth is the bulk of the crooks are from Nigeria because it is one of the very few places that doesnt actively investigate the crimes.
Many countries are involved, many are gangs and mob related. This is espcially true in Russia. They are big on check scams where you are mailed forged business checks. You are to cash them and redistribute the clean money into various other accounts. Our Gov't cannot go after the crooks, so they arrest the poor slob who cashed them originally.

I enjoy wasting their time and money. Those are two things that the bastards cant afford much of. This one scumbag who is stealing relief money is an idiot. He will get burned hard and often until the police catch up with him.

top topics

join