It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jamming communications in New Orleans ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Please someone tell me this isn't happening for real, i have no idea if the source is a reliable one.

source: here (waynemadsenreport.com)

September 2, 2005 -- Who is jamming communications in New Orleans? Ham radio operators are reporting that communications in and around New Orleans are being jammed.

UPDATE: We can now report that the jamming of New Orleans' communications is emanating from a pirate radio station in the Caribbean. The noise is continuous and it is jamming frequencies, including emergency high frequency (HF) radios, in the New Orleans area.

I sincerly hope it turns out to be a false report, ohterwise i would love to hear more about it.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Mhh nobody interested in this story ?

More updated info:

Reports continue that communications in and around New Orleans are being purposely jammed (and severed) by the US government (see Sep. 2 article below). The jamming is having an adverse impact on emergency, disaster recovery, and news media communications. The jamming is even affecting police radio frequencies in Jefferson Parish, according to an Australian news report. The President of Jefferson Parish Aaron Broussard told Meet the Press today that FEMA cut his parish's emergency communications lines and he had to have his sheriff restore the severed lines and post armed deputies to ensure that FEMA did not try to cut the communications lines again. Broussard's statement: "Yesterday--yesterday--FEMA comes in and cuts all of our emergency communication lines. They cut them without notice. Our sheriff, Harry Lee, goes back in, he reconnects the line. He posts armed guards on our line and says, 'No one is getting near these lines.'"

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I love the way it goes from a pirate radio station in the Caribbean to FEMA.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
just so you know, i don't take this as actual news, just wanted to check if any ATS'ers have heared about this and what they think about it.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think wayne madenson got a hold on this comment and blew it up to support his cause:

Jamming on 14.265 Emergency Net -- Please Help:
B Alexander (KR6G) on September 1, 2005

From time to time there are people jamming on the emergency net on 14.265. These people have to live near some of us. Please monitor and let the FCC, or ARRL representative know what you heard and why you think it is a neighbor.

Alex KR6G

Later commented on by KB4IUJ:

RE: Jamming on 14.265 ....relax people....
by KB4IUJ on September 1, 2005
Alot of the old timers are using old amplfiers which have to be tuned up and such. That's where all the excessive noise is coming from

www.eham.net...

Reading Madenson's report fully... all sources are either anonymous or sketchy.

IMHO this is not credible

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I agree that this is BS. Here is a link describing HAM radio operations in support of relief: www.eham.net...

If there was a serious, broadband attempt at jamming these people would be screaming about it. I'm an amateur operator and havn't noticed anything odd occuring in the frequency bands mentioned.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's sunspot activity causing more ionisation.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Ofcourse they jammed the line. The president of Jefferson Parish was on Meet the Press yesterday saying that FEMA cut the communication lines. Then the local sherrif got the lines, back up, and stationed armed gaurds on it so FEMA couldn't cut it again.

new topics

top topics

join