It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Toy for Upcoming Expeditions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Some of you know that two of my hobbies are taking pictures and diving. trying to combine both of them has resulted in pretty mediocre pictures with a rented film camera, where, like most beginning UW photographers, I can give you any color you want as long as it's blue. (Here's a link to my first -- and so far, only -- set of UW photographs.)

members7.clubphoto.com...

Anyway, Yesterday Dawn and I got a new toy: a baby pocket camera

Not much bigger than a pack of cigarettes. But when you slip it into its outside case

and hook up the external strobe and bracket

We now have a pretty good camera good to 60 meters which is about 20 meters deeper than recreational divers like Dawn and me go!

In two weeks we'll be going to San Carlos, outside of Guaymas on the coast in Sonora. There'll be five dives, including a night dive, "deep" dive (40 meters), and a couple of others. We're both hoping to get our PADI Advanced certification. In November we're going to Cozumel in Yucatan, for about 10-12 dives.

I'm hoping to get some killer pictures, and I'll post 'em here when I get back.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'd mentioned earlier that We'd planned to go to Cozumel on the Yucatan Peninsula early in July. Unfortunately Hurricane Wilma got there first, and our trip was cancelled. Our backup plan (made at the last minute) was Cabo San Lucas at the southernmost tip of the Baja California peninsula, almost right on the Tropic of Cancer. Diving was okay, but not great. Nonetheless, we managed to get a few half-way decent shots with our new camera.

Two echinoderms, a sea urchin and a seastar, both at about 60 feet.

Part of a huge school of Green Jack, at around 50 feet.

Green Moray Eel, at about 80 feet.

small octupus, surrounded by the remnants of his bivalve breakfast. Around 70 feet

Ray, on a sandy bottom around 105 feet

Taken by the Divemaster; Dawn and I are on the left.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Looks like you had a blast! heh. Just one question. Wats the resolution of your camera?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The resolution on the camera is 5 MP.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Het OTS ..you know that deal we have about you coming and staying in my house and visiting the tropics while I come stay your place and visit the canyon? well can ya leave those toys behind.. I think I may want to play..

seriously they are all toys to dream about. Beautiful and I look forward to seeing more of those stingray shots...

new topics

top topics

join