It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor Nagin MP3 (Radio Interview) (LISTEN NOW)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
thanks you...

this man should be president

"it's all politics"...

this quote is true...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Pic of Mayor Nagin talking with President Bush. I would pay to listen to that conversation.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Pic of Mayor Nagin talking with President Bush. I would pay to listen to that conversation.

may i do some ab-libbing?

Nagin
listen you prick, i know you don't really care much with what's going around due to your inaction so i'll be very clear and to the point. give me control of this situation and i'll worry about getting all of this mess sorted out and just pose for some pictures and pretend you care.

Bush
what made you think i was going to do the contrary?

i may be just exaggerating a bit, i doubt bush knows the word contrary.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This was an amazing interview and that guy is just.......... I have no words to describe my admiration for him. You can just hear his frustration and it is just so great to hear someone actually there telling it like it is.

This had me in tears by the end. A great interview!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I had tears also at the end of this. I never got to visit New Orleans.

Here is what a civil rights leader is reporting:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

In New Orleans alone, 80,000 lives are unaccounted for and feared lost. A great American city had suffered through a complete and, perhaps, irreversible collapse.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
he's like my new favorite hero. ..I don't like athletes, or actors. Finally a politican...that I actually like. I mgiht hit his picture on my t -shirt..LOL.

Great post, I listened to this twice, very powerful. I'ma reach this mp3 out to more people.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
holy #.

You have voted picard_is_actually_a_grey for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

AMAZING FIND.

i'm bawlin' like a baby.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ask The Man Who Knows

Mayor Nagin is not blameless in this situation. There was more he could do and more he can do. There's plenty of blame to go around.

That said, he's saying a lot of things that no one else is daring to say. He may not be a saint, but in a business dominated by sinners, he is standing out as a man who at least has a soul.

It's pretty damn obvious he cares about the people of his city.

This is definitely required listening for everyone else who does, as well.

Thanks for sharing it.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well this is pretty much out of date now, but at the time it was highly relevant and needed to be heard.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Ask The Man Who Knows

Mayor Nagin is not blameless in this situation. There was more he could do and more he can do. There's plenty of blame to go around.

That said, he's saying a lot of things that no one else is daring to say. He may not be a saint, but in a business dominated by sinners, he is standing out as a man who at least has a soul.

It's pretty damn obvious he cares about the people of his city.

This is definitely required listening for everyone else who does, as well.

Thanks for sharing it.

right on, man. i was thinking something similiar but was so moved by the man's HUMANITY that i didn't want to say anything bad about him.
i mean, let's face it, louisiana is a poor desperate area where it is BIG EASY to do crime. it's hard to be mayor of an area like that without a 'proper understanding' of the dynamics of the street.
i don't think this is outdated, nor will it ever be.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
listen to this it'll be worth your time

this is a REAL man trying to help his own people

he wants to help and he is the mayor of his own town and he doesnt have the power to clean up his own city and save those damn people I mean he wants BUSES this is what my entire family talked about about this morning
: good post

give him the RESOURCES for this stuff *sigh*

oh ya forgot to copy and paste it but here You have already voted for picard_is_actually_a_grey this month.

made me cry =(*

[edit on 4-9-2005 by Lamagraa]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Well I say we have just found us a great canidate for the next President....He would get my vote, hands down.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by brykc14]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey

PODcast: EVERYBODY has to LISTEN to this NOW
This is mayor Nagin of NO, telling it like it is,"They're feeding the people a line of bull, and they are spinning and people are dying," Listen to it now. Spread it, this has to get out to people.

length: 14:00
file: atspodcast_62.mp3
size: 3304k
feed: ats

This thread, this audio says it all. All other threads are meaningless. Thank you very much for this audio with Mayor Nagin. I've heard (and seen) all I had to on this New Orleans crisis.

Thanks pal, Edward

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I listened to this interview on Coast To Coast AM with George Noory on Friday Night and I was scared. Mayor Nagin is speaking from both a mayoral perspective and as a citizen. He was telling the people in D.C. like it was and STILL IS a problem! I would have loved to have seen a face to face confrontation, and I don't mean a friendly arguement either, between Bush and Mr. Nagin.

[edit on 9/6/2005 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Is this the same Mayor who didn't have all the city buses primed and ready for mobilization days before the event in order to mass evacuate those without cars? Is this the same Mayor who never started creating a mass stock pile-up of food and water months or years prior, perhaps in the lower warehouse rooms of the sports dome? He is just as responsible for deaths and delays.

Sean

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
They shouldn't have even dealt with getting buses in the first place. This is because to have completely evacuated a city the size of NOLA would have taken almost 600 buses with a 60 person capacity. Now compare that to something the size of an Amtrak Superliner, what would you have gone with? They should have called up Amtrak and had their emergency fleets come down there and get everyone the hell outta there. IF they were that desperate, call up the railroads and have them bring their Business car fleets too!

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Planes, Trains And Automobiles

Whatever the reasons, it is eminently clear that not all means available to evacuate people were used, and that tens of thousands of people who wanted to leave could not.

Those of them who aren't dead will no doubt want to know why they were abandoned, and I do too.

So far, I'm not seeing a good reason, and that's a problem.

[edit on 9/7/2005 by Majic]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join