It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress approves 10 billion dollars for recovery.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
You say that global warming is not responsible for this. It has been scientifically proven that global warming is increasing the temperature of the Gulf of Mexico. Scientists have stated over and over again that hurricanes in the Gulf would become more numerous and stronger.

Scientific Fact: 9 out of the last 11 years have seen an abnormal increase in hurricane strength and frequency.

Bush himself called global warming a fairytale.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GTWill
You say that global warming is not responsible for this. It has been scientifically proven that global warming is increasing the temperature of the Gulf of Mexico. Scientists have stated over and over again that hurricanes in the Gulf would become more numerous and stronger.

Scientific Fact: 9 out of the last 11 years have seen an abnormal increase in hurricane strength and frequency.

Bush himself called global warming a fairytale.

Hurricanes have there cycles like everything else, some years will be good, some bad.

Names? What scientist? Show me a credible site.
I would like to do some research into this.

I'm not denying Global Warming, I'm just saying that its the earths cycle, and has NOTHING at all to do with us humans, or any other species for that matter.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
not to mention hurricanes from the past.

en.wikipedia.org...

Andrew was only the third Category five hurricane to hit the United States, the previous ones being Hurricane Camille, which hit Mississippi and Louisiana in August 1969, and the Labor Day Hurricane of 1935, which struck the Florida Keys in September 1935.

As with all high-intensity storms (categories four and five), the worst damage from Andrew is thought to have occurred not from straight-line winds but from vortexes, or embedded tornadoes. This was the conclusion of T. Theodore Fujita, a University of Chicago meteorologist who devised the Fujita scale for measuring the strength of tornadoes, after he surveyed Andrew's destruction in the Homestead area. There were thousands of these vortexes in Andrew; many of them could be traced for several miles, as they usually destroyed every building in their paths.

some are strong some are weak. dont expect to use this hurricane as an excuse. maybe we could use the location of New Orleans as an excuse. people do die wen living next to fault lines or volcanoes as well u know. living under sea level is pretty much our fault.

<< 1   >>

join