It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 mounds and craters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Because most of the exercises use simulators, and not real bombs. It would be too expensive because Red Flag goes almost year round. Simulators are tiny compared to real bombs, and just let out a small puff of smoke.

As far as SAM sites being seen from the air, the missiles have to stay in the open otherwise it's a little dangerous to shoot them.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ok, thanks for that. But there's still something bugging me.

Some of the "targetS" were situated pretty close to what look to me to be towns or areas with buildings.

Fair enough, the tests may be simulations but isn't there an element of danger involved? Being close to those areas with towns or buildings where i'm guessing there would be people I mean?

Don't take this the wrong way, i'm not denying your explanations. I'm not the sort of person that'll remain adamant that they are created by aliens (despite being given perfectly logical explanations).

I'm just really curious is all.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Not all of them are real. There are some very realistic looking places at Nellis.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Huh?? Ok, you've lost me now.

What do you mean "not all of them are real".

Do you mean the buildings or the markings?

If it's the buildings then why would there be buildings that aren't real??

What do you mean by not real? Also, if they're not real, then what is their purpose?

Sorry for all of the questions, i'm really curious now!!

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
They're real buildings, but there's nothing in them. They're there to add realism to the target ranges. Some of the exercises involve precision guided weapons, so they put "towns" on the ranges and have certain buildings be the targets, and the crews have to pick them out with the laser and hit them with simulated weapons. They look just like real towns, and they are real buildings, just that there is no one, or nothing in any of them.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Aaaaahhh, I get it now. Sorry for barraging you with all the questions. Thanks for the answers. You've cleared it up for me now. Cheers!

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
No problem.
Glad I'm able to help you out.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lamagraa
i asked a mod he told me to sumbit a gripe/idea so i did so when the proper mods wake up it shuold be changed

Lamagraa, hey how you doing? Anymore from the mod's about renaming the thread yet?

I've been (g)oogling again and found loads more of the "targets".

Some of them are really detailed markings, some are merely simple. Some are just odd looking

Can you let me know how it goes with the thread when you have the time. Thanks

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by redize

they are nuclear testing zones

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Hello brothers,

so i saw a documentary, in that documentary it was shown that how NASA showed fake pictures of moon and in real pictures of craters there were lot of machinery in the craters for mining, the possible argument was they were extracting He3 so, it could be possible that in Area 51 also scientist have discovered i don't know may be because of interactions with the alien that they need built crater for extraction of energies from the surface, also there was a pyramid found on the surface on moon too ..it which resemble very much with the pyramid in Area 51.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Ever hear the story of the B-1 that made the emergency landing at Edwards not long after the B-1B came out? They were doing a low level flight, and lost hydraulic systems. They couldn't get the wings to come forward past 55 degrees. Fortunately they had enough fuel to make it to Edwards AFB, and land on the dry lake bed. When they touched down, they were doing 250+ knots, roughly 275 mph. Normal landing speed is about 180 for a B-1. By the time they stopped all the tires had blown from overheating, and the brakes had melted, and they had overrun the two mile long runway, and were on the lakebed itself. That's the best reason to have a four mile long runway if you have the room for it.

Ask and you shall receive kind Sir.....

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

It's an underground hangar for something. They tow the planes right in and out of it onto the ramp.

Are you referencing the famous aircraft "petting zoo" rumored to be under the hangar 18 structure?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

The Star of David pattern you posted is a SAM site from Nellis. Nellis AFB is right over the mountain from Area 51 and has a lot of bombing ranges. Those odd patterns you posted probably have something to do with that.

The star of David patterns represent an SA-2 battery

edit on 15-11-2014 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Drunkenparrot

I think he's talking about the scoot and hide shelters, but there is a classified petting zoo called Dysons Dock underneath one of the hangars at Area 51.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: B2StealthBomber

The classified "museum" at Area 51 is inside a hangar, not underneath it. At one time the TACIT BLUE aircraft was displayed there, until it was eventually declassified and put into the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force in Dayton, Ohio.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadowhawk
a reply to: B2StealthBomber

The classified "museum" at Area 51 is inside a hangar, not underneath it. At one time the TACIT BLUE aircraft was displayed there, until it was eventually declassified and put into the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force in Dayton, Ohio.

With the cia now releasing more info, have you heard about any aircraft that will be declassified soon?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join