It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian UFO sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hi,
i have never seen much evidence or stories about Australian ufo sightings. So my question is,How many Australians have seen ufo's or have come in contact with ET.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hello Tarzan,

There have been many Australian UFO sightings over the years.

Tully Queensland is the proclaimed capital of UFO sightings along with crop circles springing up in the area. 1966 was the year of the most famous UFO sighting with physical trace evidence left behind.

The Tully "saucer nest" has a very special place in UFO lore. The famous Tully "UFO nest" affair of 1966 is one of the best known accounts of an apparent UFO landing report. It is the focus of a very important nexus in the pivotal question of UFO reality. 1966 was a major year for UFO activity in Australia.
The classic UFO landing at Horseshoe Lagoon near Tully, far north Queensland, and witnessed by 28 year old banana farmer George Pedley, entered the term UFO "nest" into popular UFO parlance. The locality was the centre of an extended UFO milieu that continued for many years, particularly in 1969, 1972 and 1975. The area was also the site of controversial experiments in UFO detection through remote sensing and filming.
www.ufoevidence.org...

Aboriginal Folk Legends speak of Min Min lights, mysterious lights that hover above the horizon and move. Many such lights have supposedly lured people over the years. Other legends include "The Devil Men" often spoken about and passed down in legend from parents to children.

"Our mothers and grandmothers used to tell us not to go too far from camp in case the Devil Man came calling," Muriata said.
"Devil men, we Aborginals call them, or chic ah bunnahs.
"White people call them UFOs, and if you get caught by one, our grandmothers told us, you will die.
"One night I was with my friends and we wandered too far from our camp to the river.
"We were playing in the dunes when this great big ball of light, so bright, you have never seen such a light, came flying down from the sky above us.
"It lit up the whole river, and then it zoomed down low along the banks, like it was looking for us.
www.100megsfree4.com...

In Northern Queensland and the Kimberley Ranges in Western Australia there are many Aboriginal Rock paintings depicting Alien looking humanoids with what appears to be helmets.

This is Wandjina - the God who made the Earth and Sea and everything else. He gave Man to live in this Earth, for this World, this Tribal Country.

The Australian aboriginal shamans - "clever men" or "men of high degree" -- described "celestial ascents" to meet with the "sky gods" such as Baiame, Biral, Goin and Bundjil. Many of the accounts of ritualistic initiation bare striking parallels to modern day UFO contactee and abduction lore. The aboriginal shamanic "experience of death and rising again" in the initiation of tribal "men of high degree" finds some fascinating parallels with modern day UFO abduction lore. The "chosen one" (either voluntarily or spontaneously) is set upon by "spirits", ritualistically "killed", and then experiences a wondrous journey (generally an aerial ascent to a strange realm) to met the "sky god." He is restored to life - a new life as the tribal shaman.
Ritual death and resurrection, abduction by powerful beings, ritual removal or rearrangement of body parts, symbolic disembowelment, implanting of artifacts, aerial ascents and journeys into strange realms, alien tutelage and enlightenment, personal empowerment, and transformation - these and many other phenomena are recurring elements of the extraordinary shamanic tradition.
www.crystalinks.com...

Aboriginal myths incorporate the idea of "sky-beings", with the Wandjina being among the most interesting to consider. The Wandjina have been preserved in a fascinating oral tradition and in a large collection of rock paintings scattered throughout the Kimberley region of northern Australia. The paintings have received all manner of interpretations from stylised representations of a pervasive myth system to naive "ancient astronaut" theories. It is however fascinating to see that the indigenous tribes viewed the Wandjina as "the spirit in the cloud." Indeed, the unique painting style shows a logical sequence from human figures to stylised representations of clouds. This duality of anthropomorphic form and "clouds" is widespread in primitive cultures and finds an interesting parallel in the biblical accounts in "Exodus." While this line of thought is suggestive of superior "sky beings" acting as cultural catalysts for primitive societies, I should point out that making mythological component comparisons, can make for interesting exercises, full of emotive similarities, but are purely speculative.
www.project1947.com...

www.niburu.nl...?articleID=7971

The Bradshaw Pictures of the Kimberley Ranges, North-western Australia, are fresh and compelling additions to The Seven Wonders of Earth.
Chronologically they predate the pyramids of Egypt and the Palaeolithic cave paintings of Europe. The broad-shouldered, realistic representation of humans infers the origin of Egyptian Culture in the Kimberley Ranges, while the slanted profilic features of the human face, reminiscent of Mayan pictures, suggest that the Kimberley Ranges were the cradle of all pyramidal cultures.
The early paintings are postulated as extremely old; 60,000 years or probably much more, but their absolute age can not be determined. The iron oxide pigments have lithified, mineralogically assimilated into the rock.
No other kinds of relics are available to assist dating excepting fossilised mud wasp nests, built on one of the paintings. The age of wasp nest was determined at 17,500 years. The underlaying pictures are obviously older.
Bold graphics, esthetical composition, artistic skills of presentation and the highly choreographed themes indicate the existence of an advanced culture with sophisticated intellect and social organization well before the history of civilization, as we know it.
karst.planetresources.net...

Wandjina

Perhaps the most significant UFO story to hit international headlines was the 1978 disapearance of Frederick Valentich. Fred was flying in a cesna when he reported to melbourne that he could see strange lights. This conversation went on for a few minutes and then Fred was never seen or heard from again. His plane was never recovered despite numerous searches of Bass Strait. At the time of his disapearance Fred had an interest in UFO studies. His disapearance is believed in some circles to be tied in with Sale Airport, often linked to the Project Omega-Earth Grid Antenna Network and Secret Bases in Australia.

There are many sightings around ALice Springs that often get attributed to Pine Gap and South Australia seems another hot spot of sightings and abductions. I have placed links here so you can have a look yourself at the many recorded sightings.

Following is the actual transcription between Valentich and the Melbourne Flight Service. (FS - Flight Service, DSJ - Frederick Valentich aircraft designation)

19:06:14 DSJ Melbourne, this is Delta Sierra Juliet. Is there any known traffic below five thousand?
FS Delta Sierra Juliet, no known traffic.
DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet, I am, seems to be a large aircraft below five thousand.
19:06:44 FS Delta Sierra Juliet, What type of aircraft is it?
DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet, I cannot affirm, it is four bright, and it seems to me like landing lights.
19:07 FS Delta Sierra Juliet.
19:07:31 DSJ Melbourne, this is Delta Sierra Juliet, the aircraft has just passed over me at least a thousand feet above.
FS Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, and it is a large aircraft, confirmed?
DSJ Er-unknown, due to the speed it's travelling, is there any air force aircraft in the vicinity?
FS Delta Sierra Juliet, no known aircraft in the vicinity.
19:08:18 DSJ Melbourne, it's approaching now from due east towards me.
FS Delta Sierra Juliet.
19:08:41 DSJ (open microphone for two seconds.)
19:08:48 DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet, it seems to me that he's playing some sort of game, he's flying over me two, three times at speeds I could not identify.
ufologie.net...

No further transmissions were received. An alert was declared at 1912 hours, and at 1933 hours, when Valentich failed to arrive at King Island, a search and rescue was begun. An intense air, sea, and land search was continued until 25 October 1978, but no trace was found. No official reason for the disappearance of the aircraft was found. The Cessna was equipped with a radio survival beacon, but no signal from it was ever detected.
Steve Robey, the Melbourne Flight Service Air Traffic Controller on the tape, did not believe that Valentich was perpetrating a hoax. Valentich's plane had to be at an altitude of at least 1,000 feet at the time of his last transmission because VHF radio is line-of-sight, and could not have been received ninety miles away at Melbourne if he was below 1,000 feet.
ufos.about.com...

Frederick Valentich was not the only person who reported a strange object over and near Bass Strait that day and night. Researchers have found over fifty reported observations in that area which occurred before, during and after his encounter. Most of this information would never have been found without the diligence of researchers from the Victorian UFO Research Society, based at Moorabbin, near the location from whence the mysterious flight originated. members.ozemail.com.au...

Australia New Zealand Sighting Map
Aus New Zealand

Project 1947 - Links to Catalogues of Australian Sightings

Paranormal Australia
Australian Mythology
THE WANDJINA PETROGLYPHS
Wandjina
UFO History
Australia's UFO Connection - Messy Site
UFO Evidence - Australia
Mystical Universe UFO Sightings - Australia
Frederick Valentich

[edit on 1-9-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
You might be interested in this organization.

The Australian UFO Research Network

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I am from Australia and have not personnaly seen a UFO myself

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This is an abduction that happened in 1994 in Australia:

The incident appears to involve independent confirma-tion of a CE3 and missing time in that at least two and possibly three groups of people unknown to each other witnessed the same UFO and entities, and experienced missing time. Perhaps for the first time, independent wit-nesses have offered strikingly similar information, thus making a convincing case for the reality of the strange events described.

This reality is further strengthened by a range of apparently related physical traces, including ground traces, a low level magnetic anomaly apparently consistent with the location of the UFO encounter, and effects on some of the witnesses. I referred Kelly Cahill to John Auchettl and his group Phenomena Research Australia (PRA).

They had two different laboratories confirm several unusual anomalies and magnetic problems at the apparent site of the UFO landing. Some interesting changes in soil chemistry were detected— an above average sulphur content, the presence of pyrene (which occurs in coal tar and is also obtained by the destructive hydrogenation of hard coal), and tannic acid— in a crescent shaped indentation. There was a triangular formation of dead grass on the ground, spaced out in the site.

www.theozfiles.com...

www.theozfiles.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inno887
I am from Australia and have not personnaly seen a UFO myself

neither have i .I really must have been in the loop over this because i never saw anything publicly listed on the matter.Looks like i will follow up on those links.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
Hello Tarzan,

There have been many Australian UFO sightings over the years.

Tully Queensland is the proclaimed capital of UFO sightings along with crop circles springing up in the area. 1966 was the year of the most famous UFO sighting with physical trace evidence left behind.

The Tully "saucer nest" has a very special place in UFO lore. The famous Tully "UFO nest" affair of 1966 is one of the best known accounts of an apparent UFO landing report. It is the focus of a very important nexus in the pivotal question of UFO reality. 1966 was a major year for UFO activity in Australia.
The classic UFO landing at Horseshoe Lagoon near Tully, far north Queensland, and witnessed by 28 year old banana farmer George Pedley, entered the term UFO "nest" into popular UFO parlance. The locality was the centre of an extended UFO milieu that continued for many years, particularly in 1969, 1972 and 1975. The area was also the site of controversial experiments in UFO detection through remote sensing and filming.
www.ufoevidence.org...

Aboriginal Folk Legends speak of Min Min lights, mysterious lights that hover above the horizon and move. Many such lights have supposedly lured people over the years. Other legends include "The Devil Men" often spoken about and passed down in legend from parents to children.

"Our mothers and grandmothers used to tell us not to go too far from camp in case the Devil Man came calling," Muriata said.
"Devil men, we Aborginals call them, or chic ah bunnahs.
"White people call them UFOs, and if you get caught by one, our grandmothers told us, you will die.
"One night I was with my friends and we wandered too far from our camp to the river.
"We were playing in the dunes when this great big ball of light, so bright, you have never seen such a light, came flying down from the sky above us.
"It lit up the whole river, and then it zoomed down low along the banks, like it was looking for us.
www.100megsfree4.com...

In Northern Queensland and the Kimberley Ranges in Western Australia there are many Aboriginal Rock paintings depicting Alien looking humanoids with what appears to be helmets.

This is Wandjina - the God who made the Earth and Sea and everything else. He gave Man to live in this Earth, for this World, this Tribal Country.

The Australian aboriginal shamans - "clever men" or "men of high degree" -- described "celestial ascents" to meet with the "sky gods" such as Baiame, Biral, Goin and Bundjil. Many of the accounts of ritualistic initiation bare striking parallels to modern day UFO contactee and abduction lore. The aboriginal shamanic "experience of death and rising again" in the initiation of tribal "men of high degree" finds some fascinating parallels with modern day UFO abduction lore. The "chosen one" (either voluntarily or spontaneously) is set upon by "spirits", ritualistically "killed", and then experiences a wondrous journey (generally an aerial ascent to a strange realm) to met the "sky god." He is restored to life - a new life as the tribal shaman.
Ritual death and resurrection, abduction by powerful beings, ritual removal or rearrangement of body parts, symbolic disembowelment, implanting of artifacts, aerial ascents and journeys into strange realms, alien tutelage and enlightenment, personal empowerment, and transformation - these and many other phenomena are recurring elements of the extraordinary shamanic tradition.
www.crystalinks.com...

Aboriginal myths incorporate the idea of "sky-beings", with the Wandjina being among the most interesting to consider. The Wandjina have been preserved in a fascinating oral tradition and in a large collection of rock paintings scattered throughout the Kimberley region of northern Australia. The paintings have received all manner of interpretations from stylised representations of a pervasive myth system to naive "ancient astronaut" theories. It is however fascinating to see that the indigenous tribes viewed the Wandjina as "the spirit in the cloud." Indeed, the unique painting style shows a logical sequence from human figures to stylised representations of clouds. This duality of anthropomorphic form and "clouds" is widespread in primitive cultures and finds an interesting parallel in the biblical accounts in "Exodus." While this line of thought is suggestive of superior "sky beings" acting as cultural catalysts for primitive societies, I should point out that making mythological component comparisons, can make for interesting exercises, full of emotive similarities, but are purely speculative.
www.project1947.com...

www.niburu.nl...?articleID=7971

The Bradshaw Pictures of the Kimberley Ranges, North-western Australia, are fresh and compelling additions to The Seven Wonders of Earth.
Chronologically they predate the pyramids of Egypt and the Palaeolithic cave paintings of Europe. The broad-shouldered, realistic representation of humans infers the origin of Egyptian Culture in the Kimberley Ranges, while the slanted profilic features of the human face, reminiscent of Mayan pictures, suggest that the Kimberley Ranges were the cradle of all pyramidal cultures.
The early paintings are postulated as extremely old; 60,000 years or probably much more, but their absolute age can not be determined. The iron oxide pigments have lithified, mineralogically assimilated into the rock.
No other kinds of relics are available to assist dating excepting fossilised mud wasp nests, built on one of the paintings. The age of wasp nest was determined at 17,500 years. The underlaying pictures are obviously older.
Bold graphics, esthetical composition, artistic skills of presentation and the highly choreographed themes indicate the existence of an advanced culture with sophisticated intellect and social organization well before the history of civilization, as we know it.
karst.planetresources.net...

Wandjina

Perhaps the most significant UFO story to hit international headlines was the 1978 disapearance of Frederick Valentich. Fred was flying in a cesna when he reported to melbourne that he could see strange lights. This conversation went on for a few minutes and then Fred was never seen or heard from again. His plane was never recovered despite numerous searches of Bass Strait. At the time of his disapearance Fred had an interest in UFO studies. His disapearance is believed in some circles to be tied in with Sale Airport, often linked to the Project Omega-Earth Grid Antenna Network and Secret Bases in Australia.

There are many sightings around ALice Springs that often get attributed to Pine Gap and South Australia seems another hot spot of sightings and abductions. I have placed links here so you can have a look yourself at the many recorded sightings.

Following is the actual transcription between Valentich and the Melbourne Flight Service. (FS - Flight Service, DSJ - Frederick Valentich aircraft designation)

19:06:14 DSJ Melbourne, this is Delta Sierra Juliet. Is there any known traffic below five thousand?
FS Delta Sierra Juliet, no known traffic.
DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet, I am, seems to be a large aircraft below five thousand.
19:06:44 FS Delta Sierra Juliet, What type of aircraft is it?
DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet, I cannot affirm, it is four bright, and it seems to me like landing lights.
19:07 FS Delta Sierra Juliet.
19:07:31 DSJ Melbourne, this is Delta Sierra Juliet, the aircraft has just passed over me at least a thousand feet above.
FS Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, and it is a large aircraft, confirmed?
DSJ Er-unknown, due to the speed it's travelling, is there any air force aircraft in the vicinity?
FS Delta Sierra Juliet, no known aircraft in the vicinity.
19:08:18 DSJ Melbourne, it's approaching now from due east towards me.
FS Delta Sierra Juliet.
19:08:41 DSJ (open microphone for two seconds.)
19:08:48 DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet, it seems to me that he's playing some sort of game, he's flying over me two, three times at speeds I could not identify.
ufologie.net...

No further transmissions were received. An alert was declared at 1912 hours, and at 1933 hours, when Valentich failed to arrive at King Island, a search and rescue was begun. An intense air, sea, and land search was continued until 25 October 1978, but no trace was found. No official reason for the disappearance of the aircraft was found. The Cessna was equipped with a radio survival beacon, but no signal from it was ever detected.
Steve Robey, the Melbourne Flight Service Air Traffic Controller on the tape, did not believe that Valentich was perpetrating a hoax. Valentich's plane had to be at an altitude of at least 1,000 feet at the time of his last transmission because VHF radio is line-of-sight, and could not have been received ninety miles away at Melbourne if he was below 1,000 feet.
ufos.about.com...

Frederick Valentich was not the only person who reported a strange object over and near Bass Strait that day and night. Researchers have found over fifty reported observations in that area which occurred before, during and after his encounter. Most of this information would never have been found without the diligence of researchers from the Victorian UFO Research Society, based at Moorabbin, near the location from whence the mysterious flight originated. members.ozemail.com.au...

Australia New Zealand Sighting Map
Aus New Zealand

Project 1947 - Links to Catalogues of Australian Sightings

Paranormal Australia
Australian Mythology
THE WANDJINA PETROGLYPHS
Wandjina
UFO History
Australia's UFO Connection - Messy Site
UFO Evidence - Australia
Mystical Universe UFO Sightings - Australia
Frederick Valentich

[edit on 1-9-2005 by Mayet]

hey thanks for all the info i have alot of reading to do. i appreciate it

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
ive been witness to two ufo sightings in the melbourne area...and have also seen strange white lights up in the mountains one night.

was freaky!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
ive been witness to two ufo sightings in the melbourne area...and have also seen strange white lights up in the mountains one night.

was freaky!

I second that. In the Melbourne Area too. It was awe inspiring.

Nothing fancy though, Just couldn't explain what I was seeing. Had a friend witness the second one too.

Thanks for all that info above too guys - awesome.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hi

For more information about Australian sightings, and current research, you might like to take a look at the Australia UFO blog at

ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com.au...

Regards,

Pauline.

top topics

join