It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Gas to reach near $4/gallon in the next few days.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I heard 8 refineries in Zatrina's damage has been shut down. Seems we'll be seeing gas prices go way up - possibly $4 a gallon.

A large percent of our gasoline comes from down there.

BUy a bunch tonight.

[edit on 30-8-2005 by godservant]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
$4 a gallon!, Wow!

Where did you hear that?

If it is true I wonder how long it will stay at $4 a gallon, after such a high price might start to see alot of s**t flying about gas prices.

Vorta

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It is a guess of mine only, sorry.

With that many refineries down, it will either make prices go way up, force us to use some reserves, or both.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The West Coast does not have to worry as much. Our oil is refined in southern California.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
White House to Release Oil From Reserves
Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Associated Press

WASHINGTON — Energy Secretary Samuel W. Bodman said Wednesday the Bush administration has decided to release oil from federal petroleum reserves to help refiners affected by Hurricane Katrina. An announcement was expected later in the day.

www.foxnews.com... has the rest of the article

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
It is a guess of mine only, sorry.

With that many refineries down, it will either make prices go way up, force us to use some reserves, or both.

No problem, last night my fiance and I were talking about it, she said how she thinks it might hit $4 a gallon, I said someone said that on ATS too

Yeah, it would be a b**** if it does, she and many other people I know sometimes have to drive 30+miles to work. Starts to take its toll after that, but what can you do? If I had the money I'd buy the new hydrogen toyota next year.....

Vorta

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
My husband is thinking about buying a bike to get back and forth from work. We only live 15 minutes driving distance from his workplace. It would be a hoot to have a local truck driver biking to his job.

The winter season is close, so I hope he puts the thought off until next spring.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This is a real pic from one of the southern states hit by the hurricane.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
This is a real pic from one of the southern states hit by the hurricane.

Incredible, and I was shocked at the $2,99 here in Iowa.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I saw that on Fox News live footage. There was another gas station right across from the BP with about $3.60 I think for gas. The news reporter gave an odd explanation saying that gas prices that high meant that they really didn't want to sell their gas. He said some thing after that, some thing about saving the gas they had and stocking up. I just can't remember exactly what was said. I do know that BP is always the most expensive gas around when compaired to all the other gas stations.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well, tell you what, gas prices are starting to come down over here. It was at $3.09 last week, then $2.97, and today down to $2.87. Some places in Ohio are 20 cents cheaper than that.

new topics

top topics

join