It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek - 29th Century Series (Pictures)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
YEA it just so happens that last night i was doing some thinking (no! not thinking!
). I came up with some quick sketches for the what the "super baddie" could be.

The storyline goes, that Q comes to warn the federation. He says that a highly advanced species, known only as the Plague, were conducting highly dangerous experiments with time travel.

Ducane: What kind of experiments?

Q: Why the very same experiments the federation conducted.

Ducane looks confused. Q smirks.

Q: (indignant) Oh dont look so surprised. You know its a wonder you're even around, the with the type of meddling your "federation" scientists were doing. The chances of you blowing yourselves to kingdom come along with the rest of your solar system were astronomical......(smirks) Lady luck MUST be on your side.

Ducane: (Stares at Q, puzzled by his sarcastic remark).........I bet he was

Basically this species caused a massive temporal explosion, killing most of the inhabitants of the planet. But some of them survived. They were blown out of normal space and time, to exist only as zombie like beings, blind, deaf and dumb, feeding upon energy that they can find. Only problem is it is hard for them to find "food". The only way they can see is by the tachyon emissions released when for example someone travels through time. For them it sends out a kind of pulse, illuminating any life they can feed upon. It is this that brings the plague to the milkyway, and the federation.

Q comes to warn the federation, telling them to stop time travel, as it will bring the plague straight to the federation. The Q had tried to stop the plague, but it turns out the Q are an even better source of food for the plague than normal life, and they were unable to stop them. (It would be a shock to viewers to see that the Q aren't infact invunerable)

[edit on 4-9-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

So yea enter ship from temporal incursion, very borg-like, BUH BUM.......BUUUUH BUM BUM music etc, suck the life from everyone.

The only way so far would be to distract them with a different energy source, beam them far off and run like hell.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Shadow88, you are awesome. This idea rules. I really like the idea for Enterprise but the show fell flat beyond those plot driven episodes... the only character I liked was Trip.

I'm a DS9 freak... I did like TNG but Voyager is awful in retrospect though I was a fan at the time. Your idea could possibly make up for Voyager and Enterprise. It's about time they went back to the future stuff.

If you ever push it to Paramount, you ought to bring me along... I'm an independent producer and writer... we could make your show idea change people's perception of Star Trek.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Firstly thanks!
Big Ego boost for moi!

(can i ask why you didnt like voyager?
I thought it was different yes, but not too different......i quite liked it. Actually some episodes were quite boring, character developmenting twists or whatever, but on the whole i loved it
)

And i hope to have it sent off in about about a month or a month and a bit! so fingers and toes crossed all around ok!

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I liked Voyager when I first saw it... I look back now and am disappointed at the story line and the development of really dull characters... that's mainly why. The best episodes are the ones with the Borg and fluidic space… species 8472 was probably one of the coolest things about Voyager. The show had some really great episodes but after watching another “trying to get home story” in science fiction called Farscape, Voyager’s plot is laughable. I guess it’s just the lack of truly charismatic actors and decent bad guys and the overall premise.

After the finale of TNG I really was hoping for a series even more in the future if just a bit… I had an awesome idea for a final TNG movie but after Nemesis I doubt it will ever happen… shows ought to get fans to write movies and episodes instead of whoever the "best" guy they can get for the job is. If B4 had been lore Nemesis would have been awesome, it just seems like that movie was made to kill off Data and they didn‘t even do a thorough job of it.

If you want to know my story for the last TNG movie all I can say is: Transwarp Drive, DS9, and Q. It would seriously rule.

edit for spelling

[edit on 9/11/2005 by Merkwurdichliebe]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well cool! neway i best be getting on with it, otherwise i'll just end up rambling on about it here ooo....sigh.....silly me, gotta get the address! LOL

Before i complete it are there any suggestions please? Anything you really dont like, would like? I still havent worked out a captain......

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Being a "Star Trek" Fan Voyager and Deep Space Nine were absolutely annoying to watch. A Temporal Fleet is a very awesome idea, WITH Exception, they stay away from Earth Completely, we already know what happened on Earth in the past and the history, I would be more interested in the future events and past events from Alien planets.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
i think an interesting plot would be for the temporal core to malfunction for some obscure reason and they shift through time. They could end up perhaps in the past klingon war, or in vulcan DISTANT past, or perhaps they end up in some FAR FAR FAR away galaxy (it was mentioned that a mastery of time equals the mastery of space, which is why captain Braxton is able to hop over to the delta quadrant and why voyager ends up in the past at earth.....) so its possible they could be in some weird galaxy for a double episode or whatever.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Oh yeah almost forot to mention, Merkwurdichliebe also if you're interested or ever get round to sending something in, you should read what Paramount has to say.....

Have a great idea for a script? / Submissions of material

How and where can I submit a script I've written for television or a feature film?

A: To submit a television or feature film script to Paramount Pictures, you must go through an authorized agent or lawyer. No direct "spec" submissions can be accepted by the studio. For further explanation of Paramount's submissions policy, please review ourTerms of Use

It's basically (to save them from themselves
) so they cant rip off your hard work and use the unsolicited stuff you send in, and you not get a penny. So they ask you to get an agent/lawyer.

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
perhaps they end up in some FAR FAR FAR away galaxy (it was mentioned that a mastery of time equals the mastery of space, which is why captain Braxton is able to hop over to the delta quadrant and why voyager ends up in the past at earth.....) so its possible they could be in some weird galaxy for a double episode or whatever.

Maybe a Star Wars/Star Trek Cross over episode?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well... I sort of figured, thanks though. I write a lot, still working on my first manuscript. I've been writing screenplays since I was 17 and I am an independent filmmaker. I have a pretty firm grasp on the business.

I met Gene Roddenberry's son at a convention out here. It wasn't a regular "meeting"... I had with him... I had volunteered at the convention and met him thinking nothing much of him, he was funny and easy to get along with, and I'd be working with him for the next couple days. Some of us volunteers were invited to a dinner and special planetarium event where we got to hang out with the original series stars that showed up. It was really really cool. Anyway Eugene, (Roddenberry's son) on the last day of the convention started telling me that his father had problems with Paramount and he told me about he and his mother's problems with the company... When I asked him who his father was I sure was surprised.

He was really upset with what was being done with the stories and universe his father had invented… worst thing is that the estate doesn't even get a cut. So I guess based on what he told me Paramount is the end of Star Trek... Eugene has been trying to get the name back and the rights to his father's work but to no avail.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Wow...i had no idea.....

Of course Roddenberry was all about the exploration of the universe, the betterment of humanity, good over evil yada yada yada....

I guess....he didnt like how it started to become too actiony? i mean DS9 was a lot about war.....did he say anymore?
and fancy having a conversation with Gene's Son without realising....LOL

Its sad but true that there has been many a time a company will disagree with where a show is going, and either take control of it or sell out the creator.....

Many a time the company will actually ruin a series when they take control....thank goodness it didnt happen to Star trek.

That's exactly what i'd like to see! The core values of TOS and TNG come back, BUT with the entertainment value of DS9 and VOY combined.......

It has to meet somewhere in the middle if it is to gain decent ratings, not too much droning on about the Prime Directive, not too much action, more relationships between the characters, more complex, feelgood plotlines.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
One problem I see is you have no human characters (unless I missed something).

Star Trek has always been successful due to viewers identifying with the characters in some way. Be hard to identify with a hologram or a four-armed woman I would think.

It's the struggle. It's the way the show was representation of how we could all coexist together. It also was a conduit for speaking about things of our time...role of women, the war in vietnam, the government, etc.

As pure scifi, great ideas...but as a weekly show I think it might go the way of Farscape (which I loved and never missed).

Just some open thinking, not being critical.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well you only missed an iddy biddy bit.....of course when i get an agent to send off the full copy, there should be a full crew of characters, and if accepted will probably be edited upon, changed, one or two perhaps replaced.

The designs on the first post are simply quick sketches on macromedia flash of the decent copies of a few characters, as my scanner is broken.

I said previously I am not using a holographic captain, Ducane is the only human I sketched, oh there is Cree but he is an evolved human.

Finally you hit the nail on the head with your description of what makes Star Trek so appealing

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'd want to finally show fans the genesis of Borg.

ALSO, I wonder whether it would be stretching it a bit.....to have one, last, mind-blowing finale against the borg??? possibly for a season finale?

Perhaps.....

The technological part of the Borg, in desperation to survive, rejects its biological components, and reverts to an entirely Nanoprobotic form. Caring more about survival than perfection now, the Borg know they are stronger as purely mechanical life forms, not bound by the limitations of flesh. Now a nano-life form, the Borg can take humanoid form, but then revert to a liquid-like swarm, flowing through ships and space like a river of black and green dust. They appear on screen and the immortality doesnt know they are the Borg. They simply recite that single, absolute phrase: RESISTANCE. IS. FUTILE.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
Wow...i had no idea.....

Of course Roddenberry was all about the exploration of the universe, the betterment of humanity, good over evil yada yada yada....

I guess....he didnt like how it started to become too actiony? i mean DS9 was a lot about war.....did he say anymore?
and fancy having a conversation with Gene's Son without realising....LOL

Its sad but true that there has been many a time a company will disagree with where a show is going, and either take control of it or sell out the creator.....

Many a time the company will actually ruin a series when they take control....thank goodness it didnt happen to Star trek.

That's exactly what i'd like to see! The core values of TOS and TNG come back, BUT with the entertainment value of DS9 and VOY combined.......

It has to meet somewhere in the middle if it is to gain decent ratings, not too much droning on about the Prime Directive, not too much action, more relationships between the characters, more complex, feelgood plotlines.

It was odd spending a couple days with him and not knowing. Then again, he did know how to blend in. Eugene was really going beyond the call for a guest... he was helping to organize all of it too. I missed his speech since I was on the floor and not in the auditorium but what we talked about was better than listening to some speech.
He did address the issue that his father may not have liked DS9 because it dealt with war. Gene Roddenberry said that war should never be a topic of Star Trek, after the way it played out I have to disagree. It was intended to be entertainment...
You can learn more about Eugene at www.roddenberry.com all his contact info is on the site. The same as what was on the business card he gave me minus the cool little pin it had on it.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here's one for you trekkies.........

A thought just came to me.....i turned on the TV about an hour ago and there was Voyager, just starting. 'Scorpion' was the episode.

Now the fate of the Borg is unknown at the end of Voyager, only that their 'Home Base', Zero One, was mostly destroyed.

Anyway my point is, there were hundreds of Borg planets, not just ships, holding billions of borg.

Just purely for myown curiosity, (everyone rolls eyes) shouldnt they be ok? I mean they replaced the queen before...........Why would destroying zero one destroy the billions upon billions of borg elsewhere???

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
hopefully they all went renegade and are under Lore's control now. hahahah

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
we dont want 29th century stuff - we want the era before kirk - and done properly!!!!!:bnghd:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join