It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Raptors 2nd fatal flaw...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I don't think the Raptor is inferior of flawed by design. It will most likely meet or exceed its design criteria which is suited to todays or maybe yesterdays conventions of aerial warfare. Its that design criteria that may find question 10-20 years out. Unfortunately its cost will continue to balloon as variants are adapted to face the changes in warfare. I can't imagine many aerospace concerns increasing engineering resources for manned fighter designs for the long term.

UAV's are very new but they are progressing. They have some time to go, but their logistics and cost effectiveness is already being proven. On a global level, UAV's have a way of leveling the playing field. Many nations interested in operating and maintaining some assemblance of a modern air force have many more options now. I'll note the Italian UAV mentioned in these forums that flew recently.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It wouldn't be that hard to infect the computers on the F-22. The majority of the programming is burned on to PROM chips. The place to attack these programs is right at the burner when the code is put on to the chips. You don't need a virus all you need is to corrupt the code. The F-22 is an aerodynamically unstable aircraft it is dependent on its flight control computers to even get into the air. If this code is corrupted you have a squadron of very expensive go-carts sitting in your hangar.

Anybody who thinks that the code for the Raptor is safe because of security needs to think again. Here are a few names to help you out. Aldrige Ames, John Walker, Christopher Boyce and Andrew Lee.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Geez, now let me see..........

Infect the F-22 with a virus to cripple it.....but first I gotta be familiar with the codes for the F-22 O/S so that the virus will work right.....geez I need a software package that is alot like the one in the F-22 so I can practice my viruses on it...........

Hey! Wait a moment! The F-35 has a software suit that really similar to the F-22! If I can weasel a copy out of one of the performers, I'm sure I can write a virus that will work against the F-22! And I can use the data links common to both aircraft to propagate the malicious code! Brilliant!........What? The Americans won't give out the codes to the F-35??

Those bastards! Now I can't defeat the F-22! I need to start a thread thats purpose is bitching about lack of codes for the F-35 so I can get those greedy Americans to hand it over.....Muhahahha!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nullster
I don't think the Raptor is inferior of flawed by design. It will most likely meet or exceed its design criteria which is suited to todays or maybe yesterdays conventions of aerial warfare. Its that design criteria that may find question 10-20 years out. Unfortunately its cost will continue to balloon as variants are adapted to face the changes in warfare. I can't imagine many aerospace concerns increasing engineering resources for manned fighter designs for the long term.

UAV's are very new but they are progressing. They have some time to go, but their logistics and cost effectiveness is already being proven. On a global level, UAV's have a way of leveling the playing field. Many nations interested in operating and maintaining some assemblance of a modern air force have many more options now. I'll note the Italian UAV mentioned in these forums that flew recently.

Actually, the price has already come down for the Raptor, and it will keep coming down as the company recoups the R&D costs for the design.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
Geez, now let me see..........

Infect the F-22 with a virus to cripple it.....but first I gotta be familiar with the codes for the F-22 O/S so that the virus will work right.....geez I need a software package that is alot like the one in the F-22 so I can practice my viruses on it...........

Hey! Wait a moment! The F-35 has a software suit that really similar to the F-22! If I can weasel a copy out of one of the performers, I'm sure I can write a virus that will work against the F-22! And I can use the data links common to both aircraft to propagate the malicious code! Brilliant!........What? The Americans won't give out the codes to the F-35??

Those bastards! Now I can't defeat the F-22! I need to start a thread thats purpose is bitching about lack of codes for the F-35 so I can get those greedy Americans to hand it over.....Muhahahha!

So you believe taht you could put I virus in the Raptor, eh...?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join