It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun with Google Maps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Has anyone else tried playing around with the Google map api? It's quite a bit of fun if you don't mind a bit of JavaScript. I set up a page with their map that's supposed to point out fun things to do in the DFW area. Well, actually it could be for any area, but no one has asked for other towns to be added into the map. Maybe it's because no one ever looks at my website besides my wife.
*waves to #1 fan* Well, at least I have one loyal fan.

Here's a small preview of my Google Map page.

Now all we need is for someone to make a map of alien sightings.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by dbates]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Nice site, dbates and MsFab.

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Thanks, I try. Of course it's not as cool as ATS, but I think it's pretty cool for a personal site.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Now all we need is for someone to make a map of alien sightings.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by dbates]

Well, I spoke too soon. It appears that someone is already doing this very thing. Check the map for a ufo sighting near you. I found 2 in my area.

www.gmdir.com...

[edit on 10-8-2005 by dbates]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Here's another cool idea. Someone is using the Google Map as a guest book. I think their site needs a bit of work because special characters don't show up like they should, but the whole idea is pretty neat. Guest can click on their general location on the map, add a comment, and select a little icon to represent their place in the world. The result is an interactive guest map. I like it.

The first and only Google Maps Guestmap Service!

new topics

top topics

join