It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting chat today....

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I went out for a quiet drink at lunchtime today and overheard a very interesting conversation. An elderly lady was at the bar talking with a youger, profesional looking lady. The older one was talking about her job as a ufologist and she was telling this other lady that once she was in the US working alongside a CNN news team a few years ago. She explained that the CNN worker spoke to her in depth about the whole UFO thing and took her aside to show her something. It was a small matchbox and inside was a peice of foil like material that when crumpled up, straightened itself right out again dead flat. Not in the hand, it straightened itself out perfectly on the table. This old lady said that the guy reckoned his father had been involved in the whole Roswell thing and he had passed this matchbox down to his son.

This old lady seemed very serious about it and she said her name was on the internet in regards to her interest in UFO's. I looked her up and sure enough she was the co-author of a book called "Sky Crash", i think its about the Rendlesham ufo sightings.

Just thought it was an interesting and unexpected chat to have with someone in a place as boring as where i live! Maybe she really did see this, maybe she just saw the Roswell film and likes to enhance her stories a bit....i dunno?

Definately a day for meeting weird and wonderful people, the next bar i went into was a guy who was in the Royal Marines and reckons he was there on the day of the Iranian Embasy seige, he claims he was looking after Charles and Diana and when they drove past the Embassy a terrorist poked his head out and he shot the guy in the head! Reckons he got an MBE for it. Now this i'm sure is BS, i worked with the Close Protection teams for a long time and i'm pretty sure of this...

1. The Royals would have had thier own security looking after them and not a Royal Marine that has just done a CP course.

2. If there was an embassy siege going on, i would'nt have driven a VIP passed the damn thing!

3. I've taken great interest in the Iranian Embassy seige since i was a kid and i never heard of a marine putting a round between the eyes of a terrorist that day.....especially whilst looking after Charles and Diana.....come to think of it, were they even together back then?!!!! If anyone knows different then please let me know as i'd love to hear about it.

Its a shame because up until that moment talking BS, i actually had a bit of respect for the guy who was obviously experienced with his forces background.

Oh well, i'm sure he won't be the last.

CX.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Was it "Jenny Randles" or "Brenda Butler"???

Just curious....

Did you hear the CNN worker's name?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
charles married diana on July 29, 1981. even if they were married at the time, you are right about the idea of driving VIP's past the scene and even then, I don't think many military folks will brag about something like that. Also, that's a hell of a claim - a head sticking out of a car while moving and nailing the shot. Sounds like lies to me.

perhaps you should cut the pub crawl down to one a night? the conversations might seem less strange.

CX

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Was it "Jenny Randles" or "Brenda Butler"???

Just curious....

Did you hear the CNN worker's name?

No it was Dot Street, turns out she lives in the road where i was born.....about 500yds from here. Did'nt catch the CNN workers name, i'll ask her when i see her next, she's invited me to her birthday party on August the 19th. Might even pop round there to ask her before that.

CX.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Figures, I omit the one of the three it actually is, hehe... I should've looked it up... They say the memory is the first to go, hehe...

Thanks. Interesting claim, to be sure. Be sure to point her to our little site here!!! Maybe even an interview?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Do you get to look at the material?

I'm sorry but I would have had to asked to see it , even if I was risking being rude at that point!

If you know this lady can you get video of the foil like material?

I think it would be worth your time to try !

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
He overheard her telling the story to someone else, not the actual CNN staff member, if I'm not mistaken...thus relating an incident that occurred in the past.... I misread this too at first.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
On a related subject, this reminded me of a woman I saw on BBC3's Diners a few years back.

She was a ufologist and author, and well, Diners was a show where ordinary and semi-famous people dined at a restaurant in London, and their conversations were recorded for the show.

Well the woman was telling the person she was dining with about her chat with Margaret Thatcher, and she said something to her about UFOs and writing about them, and Maggie said, to the woman's surprise, "Well, you have to have the facts" (I'm paraphrasing).

I wondered if it was the same woman, if anyone remembers the show?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I remember seeing a documentary (I think) on the Roswell Incident, and they showed a video of a piece of the craft that someone had kept, and it did what you said. It went straight when you crinkled it and bent it and all that. I'm not sure if it was an actual video of it or a reenactment, but it was in black and white and had pictures and videos of that giant hanger.
I haven't found the documentary again and I can't remember the name of it.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
On a related subject, this reminded me of a woman I saw on BBC3's Diners a few years back.

She was a ufologist and author, and well, Diners was a show where ordinary and semi-famous people dined at a restaurant in London, and their conversations were recorded for the show.

Well the woman was telling the person she was dining with about her chat with Margaret Thatcher, and she said something to her about UFOs and writing about them, and Maggie said, to the woman's surprise, "Well, you have to have the facts" (I'm paraphrasing).

I wondered if it was the same woman, if anyone remembers the show?

I think that was Jenny Randle. She wrote about it one of her books. She had Thatcher quoting something along the lines of "Make sure you have your facts straight, and you can't tell the people!"
I think...............

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
It was actually Georgina Bruni, who wrote "You Can't Tell The People" about the Rendlesham Forest Incident. I quote:

Jenny also makes a big thing about my conversation with
Thatcher.

>What did Maggie say to Georgina? Two short sentences, thats
>all. One was 'You can't tell the people' (hence the books
>title) and the other 'You must get your facts right'.

I had a ten minute conversation with
Margaret Thatcher and albeit that only the last part concerned
the subject of UFOs, she did not just say two sentences. Jenny
has not mentioned the fact (which again is clearly written in
the book) that Thatcher actually repeated those answers! This in
itself is important. Because Jenny was not present she cannot
have any insight into what took place that night. When Thatcher
gave these answers in my opinion (and I was the person
questioning her - not Jenny) she was clearly making a point that
the people should not be told the truth about UFOs. We were of
course also discussing scientists and military men allegedly
involved in the back engineering of alien technology. Jenny
forgets to mention this which again is referred to in the book.

The above is taken from an answering e-mail to Jenny Randles regarding a less than favourable review of the book.

Source: www.virtuallystrange.net...

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Maus0r]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Yes. You're absolutly correct. I got my authors mixed up. Great book though.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I'm not sure if it was an actual video of it or a reenactment, but it was in black and white and had pictures and videos of that giant hanger.

If it's the Fox special I think it was, it was a re-enactment...(and the special didn't often distinguish between re-enactments and actual footage (such as the hangars, etc.)). The same special also showed video of the I-bars (but it wasn't very accurate, as the script on them looked far different than witness descriptions). Also, the special showed video (re-enacted) of the craft console, etc.). Sensational? Yes, Accurate? No, sadly....

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It also showed the autopsy and I don't think it was the FOX special. This was 5 or so years ago and was on normal TV here in Australia.

top topics

join