It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Air France A340 Catches Fire, 291 Passengers Believed Safe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Check out this picture...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yeah I've seen that pic. Its amazing that someone took the time to take pics inside and outside of the plane during evacuation. That takes some big round ones.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Is this the new Canadian Postage Stamp?
Its a bit small. Do you have larger images?

I know...!!! I'm not sure how to make them larger. Help!

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning

Originally posted by Indy
Is this the new Canadian Postage Stamp?
Its a bit small. Do you have larger images?

I know...!!! I'm not sure how to make them larger. Help!

No luck with those photos, but here are some others I found:

Air France photos

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'm pretty late to reply on this story, but I feel like telling my story anyway.

On August 2nd I was on a Westjet flight from Calgary to Toronto to Halifax and finally to Newfoundland.
As we were approaching Toronto the pilot announced that the weather was causing some problems at the airport and that we would circle for 20 minutes until we were low on fuel and land in London, Ontario. On the flight everyone had a TV with a satellite feed. Then the woman next to me got my attention and pointed to her TV. It was the news showing the smoking plane at the airport.

That could of very well been my flight. We were supposed to be landing at that time.

The time passes and the pilot tells everyone that we will actually be landing in Hamilton. The Hamilton airport was maxed out with over 10 flights forced to land while they were only used to having two. We spent 2 hours in Hamilton before leaving to Halifax. The people at the Hamilton airport were very stressed out.

At about 11:30pm Halifax time our plane lands and we are told that our flight crew has used up all their work hours and the crew that was supposed to replace them had also spent all their work hours. We had to stay in Halifax until the next available flight, which was in 2 days.

Westjet put us up in a nice hotel and paid for our meals. We had a good time in Halifax, I hope to make an intentional visit there sometime.

I finally arrived in Newfoundland late on August 4th. It took a long time to get there but I'm just glad my family is safe and all those people on the Air France flight survived.
Things should of been much worse.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join