It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of Unicorns and Dragons...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I found a book in my room that I had bought when I was younger. I had read the book, but at the time I was unable to grasp it's entirity. The book is: QUEST: In Search of The Dragontooth.
The book claims to be "The Facsimile and Translation of the Journals of Magnalucius."

In 1982 the publishing company (Running Press) received a a portfolio of sixteenth century illuminated manuscripts. These manuscripts were relics belonging to a secret gnostic brotherhood called the Collegium Gnosticum. The manuscripts are the product of a member of the brotherhood, Magnalucius. The manuscripts detail his journey in search of an ancient artifact, the Dragontooth. It also speaks on the origins of Unicorns, Dragons, and humans.

Upon contacting the publisher, I have confirmed that information in the book I have is quite accurate and only bits of fiction were added.

I have become quite interested in this whole thing. If anyone has any additional information on Master Magnalucius, The Collegium Gnosticum, the Dragontooth, or anything else related, please respond.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Interesting...I've read the same book before, and am currently looking to buy a good copy of one...

I still contend that these creatures, in some form or another, did exist and were simply extinct before the late Renaissance... There certainly is some zoological precedent for horned quadrapeds...as well as large reptiles. No reason some might not have survived until fairly recently to be the foundation of the myths....

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
you definately can't just ignore the ideas of dragon and the such. They are in every culture, and worshipped by many.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
ive allways thought were they just dinosaurs that survived the ice age ect ect...

new topics

top topics

join