It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In revelations... The Fight At Heavens Gate...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   
In Revelations it tells us about a fight at heavens gate... so but it says god wins.. how can he be so certain, I mean if I were in heaven I would attempt to kick some demon ass but what if we loose that fight then we would all be in hell for like ever... that would fcking suck...

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by Beaverman]

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Beaverman, I can see that you are quite upset with the whole Revelation' flight at heavens gate' ......but Posting it 4 times wont change anything!

Well, Revelation speaks about the end of the world scenario.....and as it is written, it will happen....

(Sorry about the above 4 times posting!)

When the time is right, all according to prophecy will come about......and I'm sure those that knw of prophecy and pay attention to it, will know what to do and help one another....
helen.

[Edited on 8/22/2003 by helen670]

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   
haha If I posted it 4 times I didnt mean to thats crazy sorry about that I can only see one of them... sorry I would delete it but I can only see one.... I just refreshed about 10 times still only one

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beaverman
haha If I posted it 4 times I didnt mean to thats crazy sorry about that I can only see one of them... sorry I would delete it but I can only see one.... I just refreshed about 10 times still only one

Well, it seems to have disappeared....

but no need to worry!
After I posted here, there was only one .....so sorry bout that!

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 03:44 AM
link   
God is Omnipotent...the Alpha & Omega...Beginning and End...according to the Bible. He doesn't have too worry about anything because he knows and has known everything that has, is, and will happen within the realm that he created for us. Kind of debunks the whole theory of free choice since he already knows who is going to go to Heaven and who's not. Our sanity's saving grace is the inability to fully grasp the concept that choice is an illusion. God, however, is not limited by any mental or spiritual boundaries and simply acts as the "Watcher" observing his plan as is plays out.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Or...none of it's true, and you have nothing to worry about...

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beaverman
In Revelations it tells us about a fight at heavens gate... so but it says god wins.. how can he be so certain, I mean if I were in heaven I would attempt to kick some demon ass but what if we loose that fight then we would all be in hell for like ever... that would fcking suck...

It don't matter - in the end God wins. Because well... He's God and he knows all and sees all.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I dont necessarly beleive in god I just dont deny he there, I basically have the same views on every religion... except one Raelians(Thats just sad). they're crazy.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

Or...none of it's true, and you have nothing to worry about...

hear hear!!

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Doesn't it seem rather silly to stage a punishment thousands of years in the future, for something your creation (which, as a perfect being, cannot be flawed) will do something you don't like? Especially when that is part of their being??? Sorry, I don't buy it. However, according to scripture, even you Christians buy the farm, you simply then get brought back to be with Jesus...but you still must endure the hell on Earth phase....

Personally, when I read Revelations, it sounds like a comet or asteroid hitting the Earth. Read it again with this in mind, and see if you agree....

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
God crated us, we were perfect, but something went wrong along the way. Now, if you try to refute this bys aying things like "But God is perfect, it shouldn't have gone wrong", well, we don't completely understand God. But you have to face it, he's in charge. He gave us numerous chances, we always blow it. So humanity has to come to an end, he knows that, but wheres the fear? The only people who would fear this are the genuinely bad natured people. I look forward to Judgement Day.....

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Actualy that's pretty weird....Coz i look forward to judgement day also.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The world in Revelations is no picnic....

If God is Omnipotent, then he knew Man would make the mistake of eating of the Tree of Knowledge (not so subtle hint there, huh?)... If he knew this, why did he allow it to happen? He must have wanted it to then... Which means we'd all simply be pawns in this sick weirdo's little game....

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well Gazrok you could be right, I don't think so, but either way it wouldn't matter to me. As long as he still rids the world of evil at the end of it all and only leaves the pure, nothing else will matter. That will be heaven, and no man can want more than that, surely

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Any trials and tribulations that you go through on the physical plane are only temporary and surely nothing at all when compared to the eternity that awaits.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel
God is Omnipotent...the Alpha & Omega...Beginning and End...according to the Bible. He doesn't have too worry about anything because he knows and has known everything that has, is, and will happen within the realm that he created for us. Kind of debunks the whole theory of free choice since he already knows who is going to go to Heaven and who's not. Our sanity's saving grace is the inability to fully grasp the concept that choice is an illusion. God, however, is not limited by any mental or spiritual boundaries and simply acts as the "Watcher" observing his plan as is plays out.

True and not true. God is omnipotent and knows everything that has happened, is happening and ever will happen. But he has shaped his plan with the hat of redemption and pardon on his head. I don't believe anyone is predestined to anything. But I do believe that there are eternal offices and orders, some people devote their destinies to. Noone is doomed by birth.

Free will is something of the most complicated you can discuss. The free will of the bible, is the freedom of choice. Choice between alternatives layed down by God. The choice of direction. Do you want the brown or the black cookie? Back in Eden Adam and Eve were confronted with a choice. The path of life or the path of wisdom. They chose wisdom, and thereby judgement, for wisdom is all about judgement. The ability to judge rightiously between good and evil.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
why hate a being that allowed one to experience being weather or not you are happy with your self or not life is still beautiful and "the respect for all that is is all that matters" bigsage.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   

how can he be so certain,

To quote Satan, as portrayed by Al Pacino...answering Keanu Reeves' "But the Bible says you lose..."

"Consider the source son!!!"

top topics

join