It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

genetic link with humans and extraterrestrial races ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Many people believe that there is a link between our biogenetic make-up and metaphysics. This would imply a genetic link with humans and extraterrestrial races - also known as Ancient Astonauts....
Many people believe that the human race has been genetically seeded by other races. This has yet to be scientifically proven.

Children being born in our current timeline appear to be more attuned and vivrate as a higher ferquency. They are in greater awareness.

They want to return to our innate gifts of telepathy, telekineses, talking to the 'other side'.

Humanity at some point in its development relied on higher intuitive instincts for survival.

Caveman had more acute hearing. His ability to connect telepathically with others in his group was essential for survival.

www.crystalinks.com... link to Ancient Astonauts

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Could this be a reason why we are missing a few base pairs from our dna structure compared to the creatures we evolved from? Were these base pairs taken from us?

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Children being born in our current timeline appear to be more attuned and vivrate as a higher ferquency. They are in greater awareness.

Or, maybe this greater awareness, IS an evolutionary step? I'm not so sure we ever "lost" our instinctive insights...moreso that we simply don't use them. I think we're simply rediscovering them, and finding new reasons to use them....

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What if the greys are US from the distant future? Would it be impossible? Think about what would happen to the human body if we were to live in space for a LONG time...generations. We would lose muscle mass due to the weightlessness. Arm and legs would be long and thin like that of the greys. What other effects would space have on us. What about radiation from the sun or stars? Advances in genetic technology would prolly change us as well.
Just my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
That's been discussed before. Not only from space, but natural evolution. We'd get bigger, higher capacity brains with more of them foldy things. Larger eyes because that's where so much of our information is taken in. Smaller bodies because we have machines that do most of our work. Gray skin because we spend so much time indoors and we'll probably end up covering the sky with smoke and debris from all the bombs we set off. The radiation will "help" us evolve too... And humans have been losing hair ... forever. So people aren't "bald," they're evolved.
And to tie it in with the topic, larger brain capacities could allow us to use telekinetics and whatnot, another reason to have smaller bodies. Soon we'll have bald 10-year-olds that can beat your sorry unevolved ...arse... without even touching you. ~spooky~

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
it is ultra difficult to consider the aboslute impact in which any sort of genetic engineering would have on a global scale. we have so many different variations of the human race that have innate natural differences. take the pygmies, for example, who usually grow no taller than 4 feet. these are not dwarfs or midgets, but they are an entirely different branch of the human race.

in sumeria, the idea of genetic engineering was toyed with as if it was commonplace knowledge. they worshipped their creators who could have been lab coat scientists feverishly working towards expanding their genetic knowlegde. in that era of civilization, there were always stories and pictures of half-human, half-animal beings. they were regarded as holy in most cases, because of the unification that took place. it was obvious then as it is now that such a merger is only possible through a mircle. the difference is nowadays, more people understand that the word miracle is usually consisting of a definition that includes "misunderstood" and almost always could be induced by some technological apparatus.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Many people believe that the human race has been genetically seeded by other races. This has yet to be scientifically proven.

Here's my theory of how life spread.

An ancient race has been seeding galazies with life on a huge scale.

I believe that all life is spread by comets. Life being spread by comets is not a new idea at all. Bacteia deep within a comet is thought to be how life came to Earth by some scientists.

Now, if I was an alien race, wanting to seed life would I

A) build many, many expensive rockets and fire these in the direction of nearby galaxies, each containing a dose of life-forming bacteria and a mechanism to spread this.

or

b) Simply take readily available objects (bits of rock floating in space), inject these with bacteria and have some automated, solar powered rock flinger shooting out impregnated rocks randomly in the direciton of the galaxy. They would explode in the atmosphere or smash on the ground where ever they land, spreading the bacteria.

Option b would cost far less for the race to build in resources. Surely, this is exactly the mechanism that an alean race would use to spread life?

The bacteria they used must in some way have evolved. Perhaps, if you believe in aliens, they came back, many millions of years later and genetically modified the life that had been seeded to create the humans we are today.

I dunno, I've had this brewing in my head for years. It sounds plausible, I guess?

[Edited on 21-8-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
We are supposed to be decendants of Apes, yet you don't really find Apes with genetics faults. Under Darwins law, if an Apes was born with a genetic defect it would quickly be breed out as only the strongest survive. If that didn't happen they'd be extinck! Another thing, Apes have hairy backs yet human males have hairy chests. Well that's my thoughts.
Isn't there a big diffence between how many base pair we have, something like 40 for primates and nearer 4000 for humans! I'm trying to remember this from an interview I heard many years ago. Any links would be great.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If we are simply a natural evolution from apes then,

Why are there still apes?

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienChaser

If we are simply a natural evolution from apes then,

Why are there still apes?

My lord, the number of times I have heard this asked could drive me crazy.

It is not said that we are the natural evolution from apes. Evolution does not say that. It is said that both the great apes and ourselves share a common ancestor far back in our evolutionary history; that there was a species that, for whatever reason and over millions of years, spawned (for the lack of a better word) two different evolutionary paths from which we both come from.

But that can always be debated now can't it? Just please...for the love of whatever you hold holy...no more "why are their still monkeys?" questions.

new topics

top topics

join