It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATS Votes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I know that you recieve a u2u message when staff gives you applause, but, do you recieve one when someone nominates you for the WATS award?

Thanks,
Jack

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
No.
No you don't get a U2U if you get a WATS vote.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Never rceived one of those..ah..perhaps someday though. Congradulations to those Members who do !

Dallas

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
As umbraz said, no u2u is generated.

That wouldn't stop a member from u2u the person he votes the WATS award to. Simply copy and paste the message you get into a u2u

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
As umbraz said, no u2u is generated.

That wouldn't stop a member from u2u the person he votes the WATS award to. Simply copy and paste the message you get into a u2u

Saying that, alot of people will copy and paste the WATS message and post it in the thread where they awarded it. I like that, people can see publicly who is getting the votes and what for, plus it's an ego boost for the recipient
:UP:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
That's a slippery slope, stu. Often times you'll get a lot of people doing that, and it basically comes down to being not only a nice gesture, but a one-liner. Sending a u2u is a much better way around that, and if you include a few words of your own it's a much nicer gesture.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
That's a slippery slope, stu. Often times you'll get a lot of people doing that, and it basically comes down to being not only a nice gesture, but a one-liner. Sending a u2u is a much better way around that, and if you include a few words of your own it's a much nicer gesture.

You have voted Amorymeltzer for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
There you go amory- if you don't warn that you're a hypocrite.
(and if you warn this I'll start building voodoo dolls, so don't even dream it.)

[edit on 17-7-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Is there a place on the board that lets members see who is getting votes or how many votes a member has received over time?

(I think that was two questions)

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
No, and IMHO, it should remain unknown.
Less of drama and such.
Others will contend otherwise, but this is not a show-n-tell ego contest.
Having it visible will have some going:
"Look at me, I have more votes than so and so, HAHA."
*as chest gets puffed out in egotistical pride*

seekerof

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Seekerof:
What you say does make sense, however, I don't think that it would cause that much of a problem to be honest. People could say the same about the ATS Point system, and I haven't seen anyone (not that there isn't) going around saying, "I have more points than you, so I must be better).

Just my opinion..

top topics

join