It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Half-Blood Prince, Finished ***SPOILERS WITHIN***

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
lol Amorymeltzer.

well there are many connections which we cant see right now but when the next book comes out i know we will all hit our heads....and say
*i knew it!!*

i think there are many things that will be explained in the 7th book.

the connection between harry and voldy, is too strong i still think that neville will be a major role in the upcoming book. because voldy had to choose maybe he got it wrong. because it was a 50/50 chance, vodly took harry because of the parenting (one muggle one withch-wizard)

but i dont think so, i think either voldy will kill neville in front of harry and harry thinks *come on i have to kill him once and for all* and kills him or voldy kills him....

but harry said he isnt going back to school. neither are the other two.

but personaly i think te same as many harry is a horcrux, but i think harry will distroy all the horcruxs and then voldy right at the end says

*well to kill me harry you have to kill yourself because you are my last and final horcrux. and your mother would have die in vain are you really going to let her death be in vain....*

and then the dun dun daaaaaaa.

thats what i think, i think dumbledore is to much of a powerfull wizard to be killed by snape, voldy couldnt kill him so why didnt dumbledore us a spell to prevent him being hit by the curse. he has don it before in the ministry of magic with the fight against voldy.

i think dumbledore has a trick up his sleeve, he may have lef his body but his mind and soul are lurking. also this is me going out on a limb.

voldy kills harry and dumbledores sould goes into harry and they together finish off voldy???

what you think???

oni x x

[edit on 28-7-2005 by Oni x x]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Anyone know when hermione's birthday is? I think it's September 19th or November 30th. I am writing a Fan Fiction and need to know what her birth stone is.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
According to this page, J.K. Rowling said it was Sept. 19th

www.kidsreads.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I used google afterwards. I should have done it first cause everyone knows Google is all knowing. Not god, google!

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Neville has to be one of my favorite characters. The massive amounts that he has grown. From the bumbling character that drove you nuts in the first book with his timidity and clumsiness, to the last book where he took off, injured and alone after Death Eaters. I re-read that section a few times, the description of his injuries, then the way the DEs went up the tower and without a second thought, he went after them. Alone. Compared to how he was when we first met him. I was just amazed. And in Order of the Phoenix he was pretty badly injured and still fought, poking the one DE in the eye. He is a very Driven character. And while I believe Harry deserves to avenge Sirius by taking out Bellatrix, I think Neville has more right to her, and look forward to him being able to take her down.

Any thoughts on Slughorn? I have to admit, his reaction to finding out Snape's betrayal was interesting. Everyone else, Weasley's, Hermione, Lupin, Tonks... They all said "But Dumbledore trusted him! How could he be so wrong?" Slughorn's response was rather different, He responded in stunned shock, "Snape! I taught him! I thought I knew him!" (p 627). I thought it was interesting that his response was the only one with a basis in his own believe, not in just believing Dumbledore.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Tau(Warhammer 40k player?) I think it shows that none of them trusted SNape, only let him live because Dumbledore trusted him. But Slughorn may have had his own reasons for trusting Snape. That's probably it.

Neville, he was alright, but my favorite of him was in a Fan Fiction where he had been taking potions to make himself smarter, remember more, and more confident. But he became addicted and nearly ODed. It also explained in it why he had such a bad memory, Gilderoy Flickhart(sp?) was once a Ministry worker who did a memory charm on a young Neville after he saw his parents being tortured into insanity. But Gilderoy was a fool then and screwed it up, thus screwing Neville up.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Neville is going places. He's grown so much over the past two books, he's actually getting some cajones. I too look forward to seeing him finally coming into his own. I especially liked the part where McGonagal OWNED his aunt with her Charms score.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well then things in Literature got quiet. Been about what, 2 days since anyone has posted since AMZ did.

Ron in St Mungos when he snapped and attacked Hermione thinking she was a Death Eater. Reading another Fan Fiction editing it along the way since the guy apparently didn't have a spell check program or something. Mainly , or ' in the wrong places. Except for Quidditch, he spelled Quidditch wrong! he left out the "T" in it so I have been correcting it. Even have it at the top

Written By: Madscientist
Edited By: JTL/The Bunny Man.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reikuro

Snape raised his wand and pointed it directly at Dumbledore.
"Avada Kedavra!"
A jet of green ligt shot from the end of Snape's wand and hit Dumbledore squarely in the chest.

Upon reading this again, I realize that Amorymeltzer's idea must be wrong. No one that old could survive the Avada Kedavra straight to that chest. Plus Harry was the only one to survive it. Dumbledore was also weakened by the fake horcrux.

The reasons why Dumbledore could survive:

He is one of the greatest and most power wizards of all time.

It's fiction...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
*sigh* They are trying to make me actually work when I am at work these days. Like they want me to earn my money or something....Big bullies.

Anyhow...I believe that Dumbledore is dead. She (JKR) has said that she needed a way to get him out of the way, to reduce Harry's dependence on him because Voldemort is afraid of Dumbledore and he is too powerful. Also, she has said in the past that when a character dies, they are dead. No coming back.

The thing I am still split on is whether or not Snape is evil. Is it all a plan, or is he really a bad guy. I see a lot of arguement for him being a "good-guy" but my gut tells me that he really is bad. Which really disappoints me because he was such a good example of just because someone is not a nice person does not make them evil.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I've had the book since day one - Been telling myself since then that I would read it in one sitting - riveted - as I have with the rest....But I haven't had that kind of time lately, and after nearly going insane just waiting for that "one day," I began reading multiple chapters a day a little less than a week ago - I finally finished it just last night, and now I've permitted myself to read over this thread....

First off, I knew just from reading Rowling's warning of a character’s death, and then seeing the chapter "Phoenix’s Lament" and "The White Tomb" that chances were good that Dumbledore would be the fallen hero...

But I must admit that the theories proposed are very interesting - Some a bit "fanciful"...But I think I'm going to have to go with the literal translation here...

Dumbledore is dead and Snape is evil (Otherwise it seems too elaborate of a hoax to put one person’s needs – Harry’s - above everyone else, when the book constantly preaches the opposite)...

Harry is not going back to Hogwarts (Unless to he first chooses to consult with his professors - which I hope he does)...

Ron and Hermione are sticking by his side (Maybe we'll finally see more of Hermione’s parents when they fight for her to stay behind, if they decide to do so...)

Of course, I’d love to be wrong – It would make for some interesting plot twists, which there are always plenty of…

At any rate, if all goes well in book 7, I can foresee Ginny and Harry getting back together, and a slight possibility of flames kindling for Ron and Hermione....And I don't think I could stand the thought of it if she killed any of these pivotal characters...Let's cross our fingers...No one else needs to die except Snape and Voldemort (Like Harry, I only feel pity and remorse for Malfoy)

I'm just itching for more...I can't stand the thought of finishing this saga with just one more book, but waiting for it to end is so difficult...I know she's said she won't continue the story, but I wonder if curiosity and regret will get the best of her - Maybe she'll go onto a new and unrelated story even more incredible, though I find anything more incredible than Harry Potter a bit hard to comprehend

[edit on 8/24/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Dumbledore dead, Snape evil. I agree, DD is dead. Sad though it makes me. Snape evil. As I said before, I hope it isn't so and I see a lot of evidence for it not being so, but I believe it is. However, I don't think the person whos needs are being evaluated in that scene is Harry's. I think the person that was being protected was Draco.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You all might be interested in this website:

www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join