It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Half-Blood Prince, Finished ***SPOILERS WITHIN***

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
i'l give you help! na joking but you are very rude though!

oni x x

also atomix you can grow up as well! =P

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hey Ill grow up in my own time! Quit rushing me.........Women!

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Everyone, including Macgonnegal, thought that for Dumbledore to believe Snape was on the right side because he was responsible for James' death when it was obvious how much he hated James was just dumb. But we know DD isn't dumb. And he was always very adament that the reasons were between Snape and DD.

Having said that, on to my thoughts. What if Snape had been (secretly) in love with Lily?

We see from the start conflicting behavior from S. towards Harry. "Good Luck today Potter (quidich). But then again, now that you have proven yourself against a troll.."
Later, in CoS "Headmaster, if I may, perhaps Potter and his friends were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time"
We also hear repeatedly that Harry looks just like James, with his mother's eyes. As a child he would have looked less like James, but the eyes wouldn't change.

When Harry is taking Occlumency lessons, we know Snape removed the memory of James and Sirius and Lily. We hear him call her a Mudblood, but knowing what we do now, why would he, a Mudblood himself do that? Except you are often mean to ones you care about. Especially if you are being humiliated in front of them.

If Snape was in love with Lily, then the death of HER, not James would be the thing he felt such guilt over. And did anyone else, when reading DD explination get the feeling he wasn't telling the whole story? Why would Snape get more upset over the memory of James and Sirius, but not of being the kid cowering on the stairs, unless the important part to the memory was at the end, which we didn't get to see. And it would also explain his behavior to Harry, the only living part of Lily, but a constant reminder of James, the one who "got" her.

But DD kept insisting that HE didn't have the right to tell the story of why he trusted Snape. The one we heard wasn't that big a deal. But if there was more to it....

Comments? Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well you certainly make the case for it. Slughorn sure did.

Don't forget both Snape's and Lily's best classes were potions. They could have easily taken it together. And Severus would've been way to timid to do anything about it.

Possible, in the least.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Originally posted by Reikuro
And I think you can make a person a horcrux, because Dumbledore thought Tom used the snake as a horcrux, so why not a person?

Although I don't think Harry is one because that night he couldn't have made a horcrux. He killed James, then Lily, and would have used his murder of Harry to create one, but as he didn't...

Then again, I don't know how you make a horcrux. It's possible you do it at the time of the death, and so he would've have "included" it along with Avada Kedavra and when Harry didn't die, well, it's possible, as said, that his soul in Harry is a horcrux in itself. Maybe Voldemort doesn't even know this yet, or he has since learned it since the end of GoF/OotP.

Ok here is a bizarre thought -- what if Harry's scar is the horcrux? It is his connection to Voldemort in that he feels Voldemorts emotions and it hurts when Voldemort is up to no good -- to have that strong a connection could it be the horcrux?

I also think that Blacks house will play into the final story in a big way -- the final horcrux is there perhaps and I do think Harry will end up living there too if he isn't going back to school.

edit to correct spelling -- how did I make it thru school with my spelling??

[edit on 21-7-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I don't think Harry is the Horcrux, Voldemort wouldn't do that. Since one of them has to die, if Voldemort had any confidence in himself he wouldn't, since he'd kill part of himself.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Dumbledore is dead, but what's to stop him from asking the picture for advice whenever he wants? That's something I wonder...

Anyway, the idea of Harry being a horcrux is growing on me. The backfiring of the spell could've messed up Voldemort's plans. His scar is a definite possibility, but I think there are still too many guesses atm to say what's going on.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Uh, when James Potter saved Snape from Lupin(mentioned in book 3) he told Lily why he did it. it went something like this... "If he had died it would have made you sad." Suggesting that Lily and Snape were a couple/dating, but probably Snape being himself drove a wedge between himself and Lily afterwards with his hate for James, and Lily realizing how honorable James really was she went with him.

Also, loved the book, but reading it, reminded me of many of the FanFicts I read. I wonder if she got some ideas from those. Bill and Fluer marrying being the main one. In a Fan Fict called "The Angel of Justice" they get married that summer, and Harry/Ron make Ginny/Herminoe mad because they wouldn't ask them to dance.

But just like in the real book, they all have Harry/Herminoe/Ginny growing up both physically and mentally/emotionally while Ron remains the Immature Git that he always was. Ron just seems to have stopped growing at 12-13 on the inside in every book I read.

Also, DD IS DEAD!!! But there are ways around that, a Horcrux, a ghost, and one I can't remember the name of. You cut a part of yourself off(hand anyone?) and leave it in a safe place. If you die of something unnatural like magic, car crash, whatever, your body dies, but a part of you still exists and you can be "reborn" from that part. So maybe that is why his hand was damaged and he used a Horcrux as an excuse. Sine DD is really powerful could pull it off.

Although, in 3 of the FF I have Harry gets with Hermione, and only 1 he gets with Ginny. Although, he also makes a truce with Malfoy in one where he gets his dad sent to jail(it was out before #5, and the sequal goes with the FF 5 instead of the real #5) so he could be with Ginny, which Ron did not like. And in that same one Harry and Dudley stop hating each other, mainly because hermione was attacked and placed at the Dursleys so the same protection for Harry would protect her, and Dudley decided not to make her mad by being mean to Harry to try and get her "attention". But in the sequel Peter kills Dudley and is finally caught, making Sirius a free man.(Again, it was out before the real 5 was out, so the sequel had a living Sirius, not a dead one)

EDIT: Well, don't feel to bad now. I am 19 and reading these books, but heck, some of you posting have kids(I think) and are reading this.

Also, yes, Snogging is the Bristish term for making out/light petting in some cases. Usually called this when done in public but not always in public, could be alone or something.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
DD is dead - his picture appeared in the Headmistress' office at Hogwarts.

Just remember, FanFic isn't real, as much as we may want to see Lupin/Sirius. Hermione and Ron are GOING to get together, no matter what, dammit. Although, personally, I don't know why Harry likes Ginny, Cho was much more desirable, as is Hermione.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I don't get it either, why would he want Ginny? SHe was an annoying little girl before and now from the sound of it bouncing from guy to guy. And with Ron, he is, as I said, still an Immature Git, who knows what he would have done, or would still do if Harry and Ginny had stayed together. He is to emotional, liable to kill someone over spilt milk he has no control over himself.(I used milk as in Crying Over Spilt Milk"

But Cho? To much of a cryer. Sure I understand, dead boyfriend, but still, trying to be nice to harry and just ends up crying.

Hermione should be with Harry, not Ron. If she talks to say, Dean or Seamus, Ron would attack them cause again, he is a child, and liable to be extremly jealous.

Oh well, just a book, getting way to serious about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
A theory on why Snape killed Dumbledore:

Dumbledore wanted him to.
Snape made an Unbreakable Vow, in case Draco can't do it, he was to do what Voldemort ordered.
Now, at the end, Dumbledore obviously wanted to save Malfoy, after all Draco is only a teenager, there is hope for him.
He probably knew what the plan was, he knew about the Vow and he assumed that Malfoy won't be able to do it, meaning Snape would have to, if he wants to live.
It was probably Dumbledore's plan to have Snape kill him if it comes to it, to save both of them. He told Snape all that before the Death Eaters arrived, thats why he said in the end "Snape..... please...", meaning "please kill me, save the boy and yourself"
If Draco didn't do it, and Snape didn't do it either, they would both be dead; Voldemort doesn't like failure, he would kill Draco and his family, and Snape would die because of the Vow.

This way, they are both alive and Malfoy owes Snape a lot now.

Also, Dumbledore was very much convinced that Snape is on the right side. The true reason still hasn't been revealed, IMO, and it will play a big role in the next book.

That's my theory.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Dumbledore would be kind enough to let that happen, but then again, could have been begging for his life. Who knows, only J.K. Knows.

But what to do for the ending? Gonna have to kill Harry, only way to keep people from bugging her 24/7 to write Harry Potter and The Aftermath of the Dark Lord or something. Make him the true Horcrux, makes sense. he has some of Voldemorts powers, has a connection to him, so could see it being Harry having to kill himself.

Remember the prophecy? "Niether can live while the other is alive." Something like that, but think about it! Niether can live, meaning you aren't alive if you can't die, cause if you can't die, then you aren't alive cause only a living thing can die. SO they must both die to kill Voldemort, and would be a huge climax to the series!

Edit:
Damn, maybe that's how I will end my third Fan Fiction. Of course, just got done writing chapter 3 the first one, a replacement of #5. I have no life...
ATS
BTS
PTS
Harry Potter
!Bunnies!

[edit on 28-7-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

R.A.B.

Regulus A. Black? If I am not mistaken that was Black's brother's name...lemme look it up..yup it is...

Thats about the only R.B. I could think off...

Maybe Sirius's bro stole that thing then died.

I completely agree, and yes, there was a locket (that they couldn't open), back at Black's place.... And Regulus had a change of heart towards the end, so the letter would fit perfectly.... I'm not sure they mentioned Regulus' middle name, did they? Anyhoo, I'm thinking Regulus never got the chance to destroy the locket.

So, is Dumbledore dead?

I'm thinking yes and no. Dead in the physical sense, but something tells me the phoenix is an important symbol here... Also, there is always the Dumbledore in the portrait now....to advise Harry.

Is Snape evil?

I'm with Dumbledore on this one, with the best evidence being Snape's behavior towards Harry after the battle... I suppose in the next book we'll find out why Dumbledore allowed/ordered Snape to kill his physical self. Perhaps it pertains to what he was offering Malfoy....the chance to make Voldemort THINK he was dead, etc.

Ron and Hermoine...

C'mon, we saw this coming for ages, hehe...

Harry and Ginny...

More of a surprise, but in the end, very Spider Man and Mary Jane...no?

Harry as a Horucrux?

Yep, I think you're right on the money. But, I think it was an unintentional act of Voldemort caused by the spell rebounding. This is why only one of them can live, in the end, I'm guessing. I'd have to read the book again, the one regarding Voldemort's return, wanting Harry's blood, etc., but it seems the Dark Lord is well aware of this too.... I think Voldemort wants that part of his soul back, so he can put it in a safer vessel, or even reabsorb it. There are other hints of this too. That little monster inside Harry might not have been jealousy, but perhaps the fractured essence of him that was Voldemort...

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Actually, the line was "Neither may live while the other Survives".

JKR has said that the prasing of the prophesy is VERY specific and worded very carefully, for a reason.

I am not sure about Harry's scar and the Horcrux. But I do know that the next book has the word "scar" in it.

What about what Dumbledore was muttering when under the influence of the potion? Something to do with Harry's parents perhaps?

Any thoughts on the potion the Draught of Living Death? It was the first potion mentioned in Harry's first class ever with Snape, and the first potion (and only) potion that we read about Harry making in Slughorn's class.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Interesting observation....the potion's name is intriguing...(as is why it'd be both a first year and 6th year potion???)

I still think the prophecy fits the horocrux idea...

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Do we really know for sure Voldemort did Avada kedavra on Harry? Maybe he actually did make him a horacrux purposefully but it went wrong becauase he split his soul too many times...there's the issue of Neville too ... he fit the original prophecy as much as Harry, I think something major is going to happen with him in the storyline too.

Just a thought, not sure if it fits the details of the older books, it's been a while since I've read them.

[edit on 7/28/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

there's the issue of Neville too ... he fit the original prophecy as much as Harry, I think something major is going to happen with him in the storyline too.

I think you've nailed this idea... Rowling said that the next book, would have a minor character playing a much more central role...and we see Longbottom being built up a little more than in any other book, in the Half Blood Prince. I can't think of many clutz mentions, etc. in this book, as there have been in previous ones. He's being taken more seriously now....

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
"Neither may live while the other Survives". Ok, thats the actual wording.

But still, think about it, if you can't die, you aren't alive. Name one living thing that can't die, you can't! The whole point of being alive is that you can die! So "Neither may live while the other Survives". Could be that both have to die at the same moment because any other way they aren't alive for they can't die!

Hermione should be with Harry damn it, I am gonna kill Ron in my Fan Fiction just to get rid of him. Already had the first date between Harry and Hermione happen now just need a way to kill Ron. Maybe have Draco do it so I can get rid of him too. Or I could a character to keep him busy, like Brown did in #6. Maybe have the Dark Messenger be a woman....

Saw Ginny and Harry coming sort of, but agree, the end was to much like Spiderman and Mary Jane. Of course, they got back together, even had kids!(Comics anyways...) so maybe they will get back together. She was an annoying pest before, why would she stop now?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
That's an easy one...when Rawlings wants Ron out of the way, she just sticks him in Pomphrey's charge, hehe, in a hospital bed!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
He mentioned the potion freshman year in order to mock Harry. I think there's something to it, though, as that was when he mentioned the bezoar that Harry had to use. And, let's not forget about the inferis. (which, of course, didn't show
)

On an unrelated note, here's a shirt you might want to buy:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join