It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Ultimate' Science

page: 1

join
share:
TN1

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hello Friends,

Can you please share your thoughts about the ultimate or most powerfull science. What do you think is the most powerfull science from all?

I do have a clue that I like to share it with you, but this time my opinion has nothing to do with physics or mathematics.

I still find natural sciences, such as physics, mathematics, and astronomy, the most challenging & interesting from all, but I can also say with no doubt that in this society we live, another 'science' seems to dominate the whole world.

Is probably one of the most ancient 'sciences' and nothing more than the manipulation of the masses as well as 'control' of the human brain with a series of 'drugs' such as political approaches, ethnic approaches, religions.

As you are probably aware, the 'control' of the human brains is a powerfull science, next to it, we find the manipulation of the masses as another powerfull science. Combining both 'sciences' we get the 'Ultimate' one!!!

The lack of social, spiritual, and academic education, is the reason behind all tragic events in the history of mankind.

But who is winning then?

Those who make profit - As simple as that!!!

Profit-Wealth-Power the Ultimate Aim

Unfortunately in our society instead of educated individuals we find 'controled' individuals, stupidity and ignorance can significantly contribute towards the development of this situation.

TN1

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Mathematics is the most usefull. Not sure about the most "powerfull" but it is what you need to start understanding all the more advanced subjects like Quantum Mechanics and Nanosciences. As for most powerfull I would have too say Nuclear Science, it gave us Abundant Energy(with a price so we never pursued it to it's fullest potential) and Horrific Weapons, but it also let us understand Fusion more which will most likely replace Fission within the next century if we survive that is.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think that the techonology of the mind, once found, will be the most 'powerful', not in the sence of how george bush wants power but a power to live in peace instead of primitive war! George Bush is queen ape!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodsyboy
I think that the techonology of the mind, once found, will be the most 'powerful', not in the sence of how george bush wants power but a power to live in peace instead of primitive war! George Bush is queen ape!

Did your mommy take your toys? Because there is no need to be in a bad mood. Perhaps you should take a nap.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Nuclear or Atomic physics?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well, I'd say math like sardion because it's true, except it's not a science, per se.

I'd say physics. Because, technically, if you understand everything about physics you can understand everything about chemistry and then everything about biology.

(words in italic not completely true, but you get the idea)

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This thread reminded me of a humorous demonstration by my HS chemistry teacher where he compared math, chemistry, & physics.

He took out a book of matches.
He said "math" then counted the number of matches.
He said "physics" and dropped one of the matches.
He said "chemistry" and lit one of the matches.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Reality science.
Our perception of reality is subjective.
Perhaps it is an amplification of existence.
Perhaps all things have a much milder sense of reality/existence that connects them in the Universe.
Ours is just intensified.
By understanding what is real, what is not real, and what is inbetween we may actually be able to manipulate the fabric of reality at some point. Maybe by intensifying our [sense?] of reality even more.

It would include a broad base of many sciences, with some special emphasis on brain/mind/sensory inputs.

We in a sense change reality with our efforts and even more-so with our technologies. Technologies come from pure imagination. Understanding that as an intended process would likely open up an accelleration of applied imagination.

What is real, What is altered reality, What is imagination.

Maybe it is in a sense tapping into imagination. Like some kind of natural resource. The well-spring of ideas?

Technology = applied imagination

edit:
I guess it is the science of applying imagination to reality. All the ins and outs of it..

[edit on 15-7-2005 by slank]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
nw guy i aint gona stoop to insulting, i take it ur american?
fair enuff
and im not angry, i just dont like war. Got a problem with that?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I'm going to answer this on the basis of "purity" of the science. I once had a professor state the purity of the science is directly proportional to the amount of time you can stay in your chair and accomplish the task at hand.

With that said, it is generally recognized that the purest (or highest) science is mathematics, then physics, then chemistry and so on until you get to us grease-monkeys of the scientific community - the engineer. Luckily - we're the ones that take the high sciences and make something useful, else you'd just have a bunch of really fat-butted, highly knowledgable mathematicians and physicists and still be living in the dark.

[edit on 7-15-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
grease-monkeys of the scientific community - the engineer.

Got that right!

Applying is a very important part of science, so I'd be inclined to give you the nod but ultimate implies pure, IMO.

new topics

top topics

join