It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Supreme Court Vacancy...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
is about to open up.

This shouldn't really come as big surprise to anyone.

www.drudgereport.com...

BUSH GETS TWO:
REPORT: REHNQUIST RETIRES; TO BE ANNOUNCED TONIGHT

Reporter Bob Novak declares on CNN that Rehnquist will announce retirement today after Bush's plane touches down at Andrews AFB approx. 4:50 PM EDT... DEVELOPING...

I'm sure there'll be more info as the day progresses.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Wow, this guy has been around since NIXON. I can't recall the last time two USSC judges stepped down within a two week time frame.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Wow, this guy has been around since NIXON. I can't recall the last time two USSC judges stepped down within a two week time frame.

It happened in 1971. Rehnquist also hasn't officially announced his retirement last I heard. It was just the Washington rumor mill. There's even talk of Ruth Bader Ginsburg stepping down this year for health concerns, too. The senate floor is going to be one messy place soon...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It had to happen. They were all very very old and have been holding out longer than anybody expected. This term was going to be the major one in terms of the SC, we knew that at the election. We're gonna get some awesome rhetoric thrown around.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is unbelievable!
edit on 3-11-2015 by Heyhotstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Heyhotstuff

Nice farm necro.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Heyhotstuff

Is there some sort of new development on this 10 year old story of Rehnquist's retirement?

join