It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World-famous metals expert killed in bizarre beach accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 05:42 AM
link   
A WORLD-RENOWNED academic from Imperial College London was killed on an Isle of Wight beach when a car smashed through a wall and landed on him.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

(Accident? Murder?)...

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 06:01 AM
link   
OOOPS They make you subscribe to view the article, but it does sound intrigueing. Sometimes there is nothing "accidental" about accidents.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
OOOPS They make you subscribe to view the article, but it does sound intrigueing. Sometimes there is nothing "accidental" about accidents.

Yeah I dont have any money and I wanna see too

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Here's a non-subscription article about it:

www.mirror.co.uk...=13299068_method=full_siteid=50143_headline=-Prof-died-at-beach-hut-name_page.html

-B.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Very wierd story... would be very interested in hearing what sort of research the victim was involved in, and who he worked for.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Seems that he was a significant source of knowledge regarding Titanium in particular:

"My husband graduated from Christ's College, Cambridge with first class honours and went on to take up a post at Imperial College in 1967.

"In his field, he was a respected world expert on Titanium and his knowledge of the subject was sought by academics and scientists around the world."

news.bbc.co.uk...

And aerospace metals no less!

The professor, from Beckenham in Kent, was a world renowned expert in aerospace metals, was head of the Department of Metals at Imperial College London.

www.greater-peterborough.co.uk...

Some of the references of his research:

www.mt.ic.ac.uk...

Here's more info on his "current" research.. the link includes a picture of Prof. Flower and a blurb:

Currently his research centres on the development of high strain rate superplastically deformable aluminium alloys, the influence of defects on fatigue of automotive aluminium alloy castings, microstructure evolution during hot deformation of titanium alloys and development of a near net shape method for making titanium components by direct reduction of titanium oxide.

www.mt.ic.ac.uk...

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The financial end of the titanium revolution, this article includes quotes from Prof. Flower and talks about implications of his research:

By the time all these grand designs for titanium come about, you'll probably be used to it cluttering up your house as well. "If titanium overlaps with stainless steel in price, it could take a big slice of the market," says Ward-Close. This high-tech metal could end up in lightweight saucepans, washing machines and cookers-even the kitchen sink. "How about a canteen of titanium cutlery?" Flower suggests.

www.canadianminingnews.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hmmm... wonder if he did some work or research for X Craft???

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
And the transfer of this new, efficient, FFC process to a US defense company...

Titanium Metals Corp. (TIMET), Denver, has been selected by the United States Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) to receive approximately $12.3 million in government funding over the next four years to lead a program aimed at commercializing the �FFC Cambridge Process.�

The FFC Cambridge Process, developed by Dr. Derek Fray and others at the University of Cambridge, represents a potential breakthrough technology in the process of extracting titanium from titanium-bearing ores.

www.metalcenternews.com/2003/May/MCN0305min.htm

[Edited on 17-8-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
TIMET is a pretty serious company:

TIMET is the world's largest manufacturer of premium quality billet and bar for critical jet engine rotating applications, holding approvals from all major engine manufacturers for virtually every type of titanium.

Since the advent of the jet engine, TIMET has led the way in developing new alloys and production techniques to meet ever tighter standards for high-temperature performance, creep resistance, strength, and metallurgical structure.

TIMET is also a large supplier to the airframe structural market.

With each new design, commercial aircraft manufacturers increase the use of titanium in airframes. TIMET is proud to be a leader in this market.

A leader in the market...

www.timet.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Why do I get the feeling that this is part of a Cabal owned conglomerate?

Now, the question is, what could this individual do to present a threat to the organization?

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Regarding the accident, here is eyewitness report:

He said: "The car sped by me so close I could feel the wind from it.
"It smashed into a Vauxhall and knocked that so it was hanging over the edge and then it hit the hut with a noise like a bomb going off. I count myself lucky to be alive. It missed me by inches, completely demolished the hut and toppled onto the man who I had seen seconds earlier."
Megan Mitchell, 85, of Queens Road, Shanklin saw the Rover speed across the road.
She said: "I saw the car travelling very fast. It could be that the driver missed the pedals."

www.iwcp.co.uk...

new topics

join