It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

meh...HELP!! despairing!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
:bnghd:

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

...WEB DESIGN...NEED...HELP.....please, i need all the help i can get here, im on my last leg with getting my site up and running. if you know anything, ANYTHING AT ALL about web design, PLEASE u2u me asap!!! any and all help will be ever-so-greatly appreciated!

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Why not discuss it here so everyone can benefit from the discussion. Lots of members here know quite a bit about web development so ask questions. What exactly are you having problems with?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
ok, well everything, but first question:
1. How do i get a domain name and is it possible to get a free one?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
From what I've seen, to get an actual www.domainname.com/org/biz/whatever domain, you do have to pay a fee. The running rate is generally about $35 per year, paid for two years up front. I think there's a lot of companies that somehow manage to sell it cheaper, but I don't know any of those details.

The best bet to get a domain name set up is to get a hosting account with a decent company. Most hosts will handle all of the details associated with that, and since you'll need somewhere to host it anyways, you've got that base covered.

I do strongly recommend going with a hosting company for this also. I know that it is possible to host a website from your own computer, but it's generally a bad idea. If your site gets any traffic to speak of, then your average internet connection--even broadband--won't be able to really handle it very well. Most ISP's also don't like the idea of people hosting from their own computers anyways, and might get you barred from using their service--no more ATS and your site's down.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
No free ones that I know of but you can get them for $8.95 per year here...GoDaddy

Of course, after purchasing your domain name you have to find somewhere to host it...

But that's another question..

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
thanks to all for your help and support, but ive decided to scrub the project and save it for some other time. sorry for the inconvenience, but i just dont know enough about web design, im gonna go buy web design for dummies and start over. thanks again folks!

--Kitsunegari

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
angelfire.com has the full domain name and hosting for $8.95 a month but no there is no way to get a free domain name unless you run a domain server and that cost more then just paying for a domain name.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
To all web design geeks, such as myself, there is suck things as a free domain name. You can't choose .com or .org or .net or anything like that. It has to be .tk for Tokelau. They host your domain for free. They will delete the website if it does not have 25 visitors in 90 days though. And the link is:

www.dot.tk...

It takes a whille to travel all over there, because their server is probably full, so don't get too imaptient. Here's my domain name:

www.duckswebpage.tk...

top topics

join