It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Webcomic/ Gallery in FrontPage 2000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I've read through FrontPage 2000 for Dummies to no avail. I'm working on a comic (God knows the internet needs more of those! :bnghd: ), but I can't seem to figure out how to get it like every other one without having to make it page by page by page, link by link.

You know? Like I just upload my .jpg file, it automatically goes into its own template page with the right navigation buttons that actually lead to the next and previous comics, then it gets automatically archived in a list. How would I use something like "/index.php?strip_id=728"?

I can make an alright comic, but I'm not really sure where to start learning for just one little task.

www.alientoaster.com if you want to see where your help is going. Thanks in advance. Sorry if my question is confusing.

[edit on 3-7-2005 by SmileyMan34]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well if you know PHP itd be pretty easy.

Have the page be a .php page with the entire template like you want it. At the top have something like this:

0) [
$stripimg = $strip_id;
if ($stripimg >1) [
$next = $stripimg+1;
$nextstrip = "Next";
$last = $stripimg-1;
$laststrip = "Next";
] else [
$next = $stripimg+1;
$nextstrip = "Next";
$laststrip = '';
]
] else [
$stripimg = 'None';
]
?>

Then where you want the image to appear have something like "./strips/issue.jpg">. Then if the $strip_id isnt a number it gets directed to an issuenone.jpg or something else, to show that it doesnt exist. Then place and where you want the links to the next and previous strips to be.

This is pretty rough,and I just typed it up now, but should do what you want.

no space here is not supposed to be there. Its just not possible to post

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Thanks for that (that could sound sarcastic but I'm serious). I'm sure it'd work for me if I had half a brain. I went out and picked up a little guide on PHP. It didn't really help me figure out what to do. But it kind of gave me a direction.

Say for the current comic I have something like ...

< no space here img src=" (insert the PHP for finding out the largest numbered comic inside of a certain folder, insert that number) .jpg">

... would that work or is everyone (like the six people that didn't run away when they saw my name) laughing?

I'm really lost in PHP, duhhh. I can't even tell where in dreamlandmafia's script I can customize it (inserting link picture button dealies), what I need to add, or what works without tinkering. If I'm too hopeless to try to guide along, is there anywhere that I can just pay $20 and get a custom script?

[edit on 4-7-2005 by SmileyMan34]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

If I'm too hopeless to try to guide along, is there anywhere that I can just pay $20 and get a custom script?

You could always shoot me a u2u and I can get something done for you.

new topics

top topics

join