It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devil's Hoofprints In The Snow?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
I don't mean to be a party pooper but it is entirely possible these tracks were both taken completely out of context in order to portray a better news story, and over the ages the story has been further exaggereated and modified to sound more fantistic and wonderfull...the original story probably boiled down to a wild horse that ran through the town.

Over the years, I've read contemporary reports of this and it's not something that's been overly exaggerated over time as such.

I like the idea of a wild horse running through town, then climbing on rooftops and leaping from one house to another though.

Additionally, I don't mean to belittle people living in 1816, but alot of them were probably very uneducated and easily tricked into believing / assuming mysterious paranormal phenomena which nowadays could easily be explained as hoaxes.

1816 isn't that long ago. You've a bizarre grasp on history and human innovation if you think that somehow 1816 was somehow a backwater in terms of human ability and thinking.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It happened again!

A BAFFLED gran told last night how she discovered the Devil’s footprints — in sleepy Devon. The hoof-like marks were a chilling echo of a phenomenon first recorded in 1855 — and Jill Wade now hopes to solve the ancient mystery.
Pensioner Jill woke to find the marks in fresh snow in her back garden in Woolsery. She said: “I couldn’t believe it — the footprints were in the shape of a cloven hoof. There were no other marks at all in the snow. I’d love to know what it was.”
Scientists from the Centre for Fortean Zoology inspected the prints, which were 5ins long with a stride of between 11 and 17ins.
The prints matched a mysterious 100-mile trail that was found in Devon 154 years ago and blamed on Satan.
But the CFZ experts believe both tracks could have been made by an animal such as a deer — and aim to solve the riddle through further research.

Full article here:
www.thesun.co.uk...

[edit on 13-3-2009 by dodadoom]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join