It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sci-fi on DVD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Don't you just love how EVERY sci-fi series to come out on dvd costs at least 3 times what a "regular" series does. Sienfeld- $40/season. TOS-up to $120/season. That really makes me mad, because I'd love to pick up a couple series, but can't afford it.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Try shopping on the internet. Or use an internet DVD rental service.

www.netflix.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I get upset at some of the DVD pricing too. Although, I did pick up some cool 80's shows cheap, The Greatest American Hero for $21.95 and Airwolf for $19.99 both season one's and at your local Wal-Mart.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Sci Fi fans are seen as obsessives by media executives, who thereofe expect them to pay an excessive price.

Unfortunately they tend to be right (£200 on Farscape DVDs!) though if you wait for six months the prices drop, for instace a DS9 boxset in the UK used to cost £85, now its closer to £40.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
A relatively small number of us want them sooo bad (high demand), prices will be high. They charge what we'll pay! No conspiracy there.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It's called Price Gouging. There is no High Demand for these things its quite low and supply is unlimited(well the supply of blank DVDs is the only limited factor) SG1 isn't like that though interestingly enough.

top topics

join