It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon auditors challenged nearly $1.5 billion of Halliburton Co.'s bills to the U.S. military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Source: Houston chronicle

Pentagon auditors have challenged nearly $1.5 billion worth of Halliburton Co.'s bills to the U.S. military, Democratic lawmakers say.

Placing the military's largest private contractor operating in Iraq under the microscope once again, House and Senate Democrats on Monday pointed to Pentagon audits criticizing Halliburton for inflating costs, billing for unnecessary equipment and submitting millions of dollars in duplicate costs on two contracts valued at more than $11 billion.

This to me is one of the real reasons for the Iraq war in the first place, Gaining control over the Oil resources of Iraq , and getting profit out of rebuidling what you've destroyed.

then there is Dick Cheney's connection to Halliburton, which is shady to say the least.

I was wondering how the Americans here feel about such blatant misuse and fraud of their tax money.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
...AND Another Halliburtion Scandal.

When is DICK going to be charged with anything?

I mean this guy is clearly stealing Money from the America People!

For how long will he be allowed to do it?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Instead of reporting about the real corruption going on and the billions and billions of oil revenues that went missing on the US watch, the US media went hyping over an alleged and comparatively insignificant "oil for food scandal". Smokescreening US corruption by pointing fingers towards others is all corporate US media seems capable of, unable to achieve standards of journalistic professionality required in "democracies".

Regime Change begins at home.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by Moretti]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I agree, US media these days leaves something to be desired

Far from the biggest promoters of free speech and freedom i was used to in the past. Corporate USA certainly got a firm grip on the main media outlets and they use it to promote their own agendas instead of digging for the truth.
As if Haliburton isnt enough, theres always that Monsanto milk thingy coverup

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Funny to see how i only get replies on this thread from people who agree that this is reason enough to bring Dick and his Halliburton friends to trail...which won't happen i guess...

[edit on 28-6-2005 by XyZeR]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR
Funny to see how i only get replies on this thread from people who agree that this is reason enough to bring Dick and his Halliburton friends to trail...which won't happen i guess...

Others are probably Ignoring this thread, covering their eyes and saying its a bunch of Anti-American Liberal Propaganda....

Again.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I've raised this point in this and other forums but got "shot down" by someone who said how can Halliburton be making money out of Iraq if they're making a loss as a company. Closer inspection of the accounts show that if it weren't for money coming from their involvement in Iraq, Halliburton would be in serious trouble.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Interesting piece: Halliburton hearing unearths new abuse

Excellent newsletter...sign up!

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I kind of get tired of posting in threads that may question the integrity of certain US decisions. I always get blasted for pointing out the hypocracy in most decisions made by the US admin.

There is more than enough evidence to order an investigation into contracts given for Iraq(especially Haliburton). Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld should all be charged for crimes against the constitution.

Of course that will never happen on it's own, so it's time for the people to demand it, because the gov't works for you, not the other way around.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ

There is more than enough evidence to order an investigation into contracts given for Iraq(especially Haliburton). Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld should all be charged for crimes against the constitution.

Of course that will never happen on it's own, so it's time for the people to demand it, because the gov't works for you, not the other way around.

I agree. If these things are true they should be delt with. That's what impeachment is for, right? Speaking of impeachment, check out this site: www.votetoimpeach.org

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I'm realy wondering if this was an item in the American news yesterday ? i bet there's not much of a fuss over it right?

Well there should be !

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Here is another Article about recent Halliburton Hearings, which discovered Lots of Frauds, Overcharges and other Corruptions.

Halliburton Hearing Unearths New Abuse

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Some of my right-wing buddies on my softball team down here in Houston affectionately refer to the Houston Chronicle as "that liberal rag" and have actually stopped reading it because of that. Not just the political editorials, but the whole thing! It's the only major newspaper we have in Houston! Better stay away from that left-leaning sports page or that damned liberal entertainment section by golly!

This is how ridiculous and detrimental political affiliation has become in this country.

Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join