It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very Titor week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Noticed the sudden spike in Titor related items this week:

"I believe there is a great deal of progress in treating the cancer cells
with modified viruses. So I guess the answer is yes."
NEWS: Virus Kills Multiple Types of Cancer Cells, Possible Cure

"While you sit by and watch your Constitution being torn away from you"
NEWS: (Breaking) Supreme Court Rules Cities May Seize Homes

The "Mad Cow" story here is yet to begin but don't worry, the fruited
gelatin deserts are safe.
Mad Cow Disease confirmed in 2nd case in US

I'm glad to see it's so easy for to dismiss the Middle East. Yes, I
suppose it is a no brainer but pretty soon it will be a "no arrmer" and a
"no legger".
Bloodiest day for U.S. women

It is getting towards the wire, but what will happen when the Government tries to take homes via its new Eminent Domain powers (force). Waco-type events anyone?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Just relax people, nothing Titor said is real he is a fake so stop worrying. Life will go on and bad things will happen everyday just as they have for the past few billion years. With a new president comes a new war and our government will continue to take away our freedom until they achieve their invisible dictatorship. The government is planning another big attack against you, a possible date is 12/11 of this year so why don't you try and find out what that could be instead of waiting for some bad event to happen.

Could it start a civil war if it is revealed that the government was behind it? yes but that is so highly unlikely. Does that mean John Titor is a time traveler? not at all. Anyone of us can do what Titor did so why do you worship this guy? This isn't the 1800's anymore, the government will get away with anything and everything because they control every aspect of your lives. The media never tells you the real truth whenever they try the info gets pulled off the air and everything goes on as if nothing happened.

If you only knew what Bush and the other presidents have done before him you would be sickened to the depths of your soul. Even then i doubt you or anyone else would do anything about it because you'd rather watch X-files or play battlefield 2.

Sure it would be nice to talk to a real time traveler but the odds are 1 in 999999988923873972347 against. John Titor was so boring and never said anything interesting that could be backed up or made any sense. He walked all over his own story changing his mind over and over again. If he really was from the future he wouldn't have done that so many times and would never have revealed the possible fact. Someone who wants to talk out thrives for the attention so he would tell a lot of juicy stuff to keep an audience. As soon as his mistakes were becoming more evident he ran with his tail between his legs back to his time traveling hunk of junk.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Wherever he's fake or not, even just looking at the examples Mainer has given they do seem rather accurate, you can't take that away.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Ok here is a prediction for you which will be even more accurate than any of titors predictions. The Sun will rise tomorrow early in the morning, i'm from the future i know this will happen.

Any dumbass can make accurate predictions, anyone at all. Mad cow has been around for ages so to predict another outbreak, wow 2 cows, is pretty simple indeed.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Agent Smith Hilarious avator. its cracking me up everytime i stare at it. HaHaHa. Hilarious

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Is that your BEST arguement, monkey? If it is, why even bother posting? We have enough of you guys runnin' around here. All you want to do is insult people and then you don't even have the decency to have any SUBSTANCE to your post. You are a detriment to the forum...have a nice day.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
Ok here is a prediction for you which will be even more accurate than any of titors predictions. The Sun will rise tomorrow early in the morning, i'm from the future i know this will happen.

Any dumbass can make accurate predictions, anyone at all. Mad cow has been around for ages so to predict another outbreak, wow 2 cows, is pretty simple indeed.

Sorry but I predict you'll see a major drop in respect from other members cause of your above post.

Have you even read Jhon Tritor's posts ?
i'm not saying he's real, i'm just saying it's a very interesting case, and the original thread starter (nice thread btw) does have some very good pionts , it has been a "Tritorish" week indeed.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
That's all I was saying, that if you were following Titor and his view of things, and his timetable, that was some week just passed.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Lets all take a breath people!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
For those debunkers:

Titor's value is not as some kind of silly prophet, but as set of warnings to consider, independent of truth or falsehood. You'd be an idiot to ignore the general trends of his statements if they came true just because you thought Titor was a fraud. Chew on that.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Who care if Titor was a time traveler. He made some good predictions and some that didn't bear fruit.

Maybe we shouldn't care who he was, but what he said, and why so much of it can compare to events that came to pass.

I never understood why people care if he is a "fraud" or "hoax" because in the end, his predictions in the pre-9/11 world are, in general, holding true. Not in details, but in general theme... with civil war being the outcome.

Consider that Titor may have been from a prediction firm or organization who broke secrecy via a silly story to warn us where we are headed.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
There was also a case of mad cow disease in central europe last week...it died after coming back to the farm. They did some routine tests afterwards and found out that it had the mad cow disease.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hangover
There was also a case of mad cow disease in central europe last week...it died after coming back to the farm. They did some routine tests afterwards and found out that it had the mad cow disease.

IIRC the tests are fairly rare and the gestation period is 20 years(?), quite a combo...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
"I believe there is a great deal of progress in treating the cancer cells
with modified viruses. So I guess the answer is yes."
NEWS: Virus Kills Multiple Types of Cancer Cells, Possible Cure

This one seems pretty accurate. One of the problems I always had with Titor's predictions were that they were so broad that they were open to any variety of interpretations. But this one, eh... seems to be right on...

Thanks for posting it.

[edit on 6/30/2005 by DCFusion]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
1st off, nice point Mainer...you don't necessarily have to believe in Titor, but it is an interesting set of wham-bam points all at once.

HOWEVER (and I say this not necessarily on either side of the Titor fence), as any statistician worth their salt can tell you, correllation doesn't equal causation.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
you can believe titor or at least seriously consider what he said, not because he is from the future, but because he came to his predictions by deductive reasoning. he took the time to apply critical thinking to the different outcomes that could logically play out in the near future, and analyzed which of these has the best potential to occur. then he summarized the results, connecting the archetypes and putting them in "laymen's terms." oila. instant time traveller. if you take the time to think through the details of present trends and follow the logical patterns (if, then; if then; etc.) that similar event-patterns have taken in the past, you might find the same likely outcomes for the future. you too can be a seer. by the way, titor was not the first to do this - nostradamus was.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomviolins
. he took the time to apply critical thinking to the different outcomes that could logically play out in the near future, and analyzed which of these has the best potential to occur. then he summarized the results, connecting the archetypes and putting them in "laymen's terms."

Well, if you really think about it, all he said was that the war was caused by faulty politics. Then he went on to explain that (ex: WACO type events every month). John never specifically said what caused the war. To tell you the truth, if the war really is about tasers, then the war is going to be caused by an overly-outspoken mother whose son was killed by tasers.

-Chris

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Something Titor said has really got me going here in the last few weeks. Those that follow the story know that he referred to the 2008 election as "He she was only concerned about maintaining his or her powerbase". Now I always thought this was a reference to Hillary. In retrospect I see now that the democrats do not have the same kind of powerbase that the republicans have. And with McCain Taking Palin we now have a he she team that would love to ride the war on terrorism coat tails of bush.

Titor got alot wrong and because he got even a single thing wrong many just stopped giving the story any attention and declared the whole thing a hoax. Problem is that, he got a few things right too. Minor detail things like unwritten poems and Scientists reversing their opinions about their own theories. He got big stuff both right and wrong too. Iraq was a hit but the civil war was a miss.

Now we have McCain and Palin. I said for 5 years it was Hillary and that she would win but I think I assumed to quickly. In light of current events I got 10 bucks that says the republications win this (s)election. As a political observer I can not name a time a two senator ticket won the race for president in the last century. Then again I can not name a time that the two major parties took such radical nominations as a black man or a woman. Regardless of anything, this is a presidential race to be remembered for a long time. And historically speaking, two senator tickets do not win.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
You'd be an idiot to ignore the general trends of his statements if they came true just because you thought Titor was a fraud.

But general trends are the easiest things to predict. Things that go outside of trends, specific psychohistorical events that end up changing those trends are a bit more difficult.

For instance, in the field of computers, it's not hard to predict that they'll get faster, and smarter, and one of these days someone will claim that they've built a real "sentient" computer. That's not much of a prediction.

However, to correctly state something like a suitcase nuke is going to destroy a big chunk of San Diego on April 14, 2009, at 11:16 a.m., and have it happen, now that would be a real prediction!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

But general trends are the easiest things to predict. Things that go outside of trends, specific psychohistorical events that end up changing those trends are a bit more difficult.

That is my exact point in regards to Titor. In 2000 Iraq was not even on my mind. As far as I was concerned we had won the war and were engaged in the usual us campaign of oppression that we employ on every country we conquer.

Never in my right mind or anyone elses mind did I think we would invade Iraq of Nukes that did not exist or hyped up WMDs. Nor did I ever pay much mind to the theories of Stephen Hawking but it was interesting when he reversed his opinion about them to fit in line with what titor said just as Titor said he would do. And I never thought much of poetry, specifically "a soldiers winter" but in all my searching I have only found one poem by that name written by a soldier in 2006. A soldier that had never heard of Titor before I asked him about it.

Granted a few things he mentioned have failed to come to pass but for the insignificant details he got right I think it merits paying a bit more attention to. Especially considering McCain Palin. ........20 bucks says they win.

new topics

top topics

join