It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Anonymous mailing containing a thousand dollars in cash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Janesville Women Get Mysterious Money In The Mail

A second Rock County resident has received a mysterious anonymous mailing containing a thousand dollars in cash.

The certified letters came from a post office box in New Mexico, and both urged the recipients to spend the cash on themselves. They said thanks for the help and understanding.

LINK www.channel3000.com...

Ok with all of the conspiricies and paranoia out there I am automatically suspicious. My thoughts? Don't touch the money. What a perfect biological weapon on a small population of people. A test per se of dispersion.
And a note to boot that says thanks for the help and understanding? Ok first thanks for what? Thanks for helping spread this virus that is on this money? Thanks for understanding that you are expendible and we are testing the rate of infection and we know people will always take the money?

OR...could this just be someone with a very big heart?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
No takers? No one has thoughts, opionions, speculations, nothin'

Well if mail dropped in my lap with one thousand cash I would be tempted but that red flag would also be raised. Some sort of scam

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
that is kinda creepy... but there isnt very much to discuss about it... you stated what it could be already... sorry its probablly just someone trying to see if there counterfeit bills will work with out them getting busted for having them...

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Thank you for replying and yes I agree that it doesn't leave much room for discussion. I guess I was just trying to see if anyone had any other ideas about it. In the article these people seemed so accepting of the "gift". Even the boss was like well if it's a personal gift so be it.
If I received something like that I would be all about the questions and suspicions given today's world.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The smart thing to do is to get some news coverage of the 'gift'.
Wash the money, and get rid of it fast. That's what I would do.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The only topic of discussion at hand here is why this doesn't happen to me. I wanna buy a computer for college, and I'd rather an extra grand to help be through...

Shadow watcher has the right idea, get rid of that fast before it gets found out the real reason behind it.

"There's no such thing as a free lunch."

new topics

top topics

join