It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It has been reported that 1 out of 11 native born Mexicans now recide withing the borders of the USA. Thats almost 10 percent of there population. Why is this being allowed to happen?
This is the question I am addressing to the readers of this forum. Our politicans both state and federal turn a blind eye. Those who try to raise public awareness are labeled racist, extrmeist or vigilanties. I'm none of these but what I am is a American. I believe in borders, language and culture, do you?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Flycatch,
There are a number of threads that address this issue.
I am listing a few for you to peruse:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I really dislike illegal immigrants. Its not that hard to get a visa. Do it the right way. Thats all I'm going to say about this matter.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
It has been reported that 1 out of 11 native born Mexicans now recide withing the borders of the USA.

Link please.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
To me, the only reason why this is allowed to go on is because of the racist card. Anyone fighting against it (even other latins) are deemed racists or a nazi, a title that many people and esspecially politicians avoid.

I live here in LA, destination of many of these boarder hoppers. The most prominant intelligent argument i've heard is: "white people immigrated here [to the USA], so what's wrong when mexicans want to?" This is easily countered tho. In this modern day and age, we cannot allow just anybody who wants to to cross the boarder without some form of inquery.

The problem with political leaders seems to be that they are no longer listening to their constituency, but are instead doing whatever they wish (idealism or insanity, you decide).

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The posts you have listed for review are not the real issue of the problem. It is this issue that I am trying to solve. Why is it the federal government as well as state governments have bent over backwards to accomodate illegal aliens? Is it all about cheap labor? I think not. I believe our government has made a lopsided deal with the Mexican government for something.
Its your country as well as mine that is total meltdown because of Mexico. Our government is allowing us to become another third worl nation. All I am asking is the readers of this forum to start thinking. What the H*** is going on?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Alias101,
I actually have to disagree with you when you say getting the visa's is easy. Speaking from experience as my wife is from S. Korea, it can be a bugger of a time to get a visa legally. It can be done though.
Flycathc,
As stated, those are only a few of the threads posted, there are many, check out the search feature and you will find so many that it will make your head spin.
But to answer your question directly, Yes, it is due to the cheap labor and yes, the US goverment has been allowing it , if not promoting it. The Mexican goverment even has pamphlets that it give to people that teach how to cross the border ilegally as well as to how to stay below the radar (so to speak) while living in the US. This also has been a thread that has been discussed a number times.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I am neither a racist, a hate monger or a vigilante or the other things that you mentioned. However I am a concerned American

What is being allowed to happen is a travesty and if not pulled within check NOW will be the undoing of America. An invasion from within if you will.

They are bankrupting America. Virtually every tax payer funded program has and or will be bankrupt..ie. hospitals, prisons school...... and on and on.
They like to come here and have an "anchor baby" each baby costs the American taxpayer $8,000, then each child they have costs the American taxpayer $7,000 per child a year. I won't even go into the prisons wich cost about $47,000 a year to keep behind bars. Btw, Americans paying these bills is a violation of the 14th amendment (don't believe me - look it up). We really have a Leave no Mexican behind act as they have MORE rights than we do.

Soon we will be in a 3rd world quagmire with over population like China because they don't use birth control and slowly the entire family makes it out here. Right now there is a very liberal estimate of illegals at 30 million. If the rate of growth continues by 2030 we could have an estimated 200-600 million population. Where will the water come from? Where will the land come from? Where will the money to pay for the roads to be made and repaired? Most of them do not pay taxes.

They are bringing in 3rd world diseases that we haven't seen since the 1960's such as leprosy also known as Hansen's disease, hepatitis and tuberculosis. Is your child in public school? He or she may be sitting next to one of these infected clinics. In fact, the east coast now has 11 clinics for these diseases open. A lot of the illegals work in restaurants and fast food. But if they have these diseases or get sick they don't seek treatment because they don't want to get caught.

They are destroying the middle class. A factory worker used to enjoy a working wage that was $16-18 per hour and benefits. Now because of cheap illegal alien labor they make between $6-8 an hour with no benefits.

I could go on and on but I won't.

How can we fix it?

Have all the illegals deported back to Mexico
Put a 10 year moratorium on LEGAL IMMIGRATION here.
Make English the official language - many of them are illiterate in both languages
Go to their countries now and give them birth control and food
Surround our boarders, - its not only Mexicans getting in.

In 1965 the USA would only allow 170,000 immigrants per year. Which worked out well because that is about how many left a year. Now its millions!!!!!!!!

America is being invaded right under our nose. The government knows but does nothing about it. In fact, Colorado's governor Bill Owens has a hand out telling them how to get free medical treatment and how to get jobs. It's all about votes baby!

Every American should be as outraged as I am. There is something you can do about it go here www.alipac.us... Write the White House, write your congress person, but for God's sake do something NOW!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I am also an American my first language is Spanish and my cultural roots are not from northern Europe but from Spain.

So as you people can see most of us Americans came from somewhere else.

Unless you are a native American then that is another story.

Before we go into the "immigrant" problem some issues should be discussed and researched before putting the blame on the "unwanted immigrants"

Social and political problems in countries like Cuba, Mexico and central American is the cause of such "immigrants" to flock to the US they have done this for years.

This topic as usually will bring many posters to join in a collective bashing of anybody that doesn't have a background from northern Europe.

US has always been a nation of many cultural and ethnic groups and before we all became "Americans" some ancestor came here with dreams and looking for a future and that has not change in modern times.

So before going into the frenzy of bashing please make sure you know what is going on with these "immigrants" and why they rather take a chance across the border and the desert or across the ocean with infested sharks.

No everybody is a terrorist and trying to cause harm to the "immigrants that made it to American thanks to their ancestors" few hundreds of years ago.

Very touchy subject.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Illegal aliens are not being ignored and the problem is well known. It is a tax on those areas and especially the health system (since they have no insurance). Federal LE and local LE are very active in the problem and doing what they can. The adminstration has just not put enough energy or money into the problem to date. So it is not that the US is allowing it, it is that we can not yet get a handle on it which seem typical for most domestic issues at the moment.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I agree that the financial burden is getting harder to oversee, taking in consideration that we working Americans are having a hard time getting affordable health care.

I also have to point out that it bothers me also the lack of interest from our government on the borders.

Even when I feel that people should be given a chance to come to American like our ancestors did, open borders are a problem and has been ignored.

Here in GA immigrants are welcome in a way that they help the farming industry with their labor.

They may be illegal but the spend their earnings in the city also. When I came to GA I worked with a immigrant lawyer on migrant issues and workers compensation.

Yes is a dark side to immigration and that includes abuses, I also has seen the other side of immigrates when they turn into a burden to our society and fugitives of the law.

I have worked with immigrants children and families, actually I did that for about 6 years, and I have seen things that it will make you rethink about how this people make it in this country and what they have to endure in the process.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I understand what we represent in the US and we are a big melting pot, that is what makes us who we are. But like with anything, it can reach a level where we just cannot handle it anymore. We cannot help those already legally living here much less still coming in. It would be great if we could just keep the door open but I don't think we can right now. We need to get our ducks in a row before taking on more problems and more people.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I have a solution that would be a start.. if the government actually was interested..

Bring our troops home from South Korea and Germany and station them along the borders. While they're training to be refresher forces, they will patrol the borders. I know that's hardcore, but something has to be done.

We have got to get this problem under control. We have got uphold the immigration laws on the books. Otherwise, we will become a third world country.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
ECK I believe the troops will be leaving the areas you mention but . . . withing the next 10 years, remember.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Heck we have enough armed forces both active duty as well as weekend warriors that could perform their excerises by protecting the border and prevent the illegal crossings.
That would also stem the flow of the drug trade.
Wow what would be the drawbacks?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Actually now that you mention the drug trade is actually coming from the Caribbean.

My littler Island is one of the biggest drug portals to the US and guess what nothing is done to control that either.

We have as much immigrations problems as the southern state do to the fact that we are the door to the US from the Caribbean.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Actually now that you mention the drug trade is actually coming from the Caribbean.

That's the realm of the Coast Guard and DEA. Do we have any members here who are in the CG?

If we put our troops along the borders, the Posse Comatatus (sp?) Act would probably have to be rescinded. It's already been watered down anyway by Clinton and Bush.

Another benefit: The military's participation in those local economies would be great. It'd be a big boost. Would that not be more in our interest than subsidizing the German and Korean economies?

top topics

join