It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arnold Jeered!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Gov. Schwarzenegger was jeered and soundly booed at a commencment address at his alma mater in California.

Are our selected leaders loseing respect of the young people
Have our young people become cynical of our leaders?
Can our leaders regain crediability?
Is there a cultural division in the US?
What part does ecnomics, the war, dishonesty etc. play in this seeming disrespect for some of the people that at one time were held as examples of the best and brightest of our society.

I'm truely puzzled!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Welcome to the board. Follow me around. I'll show you some sh**. And it's all true.

I'm the PTS Council Representative. If I can help you with anything, lemme know. Send me a u2u.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

I'm the PTS Council Representative. If I can help you with anything, lemme know. Send me a u2u.

Congratulations ECK on your PTC Council win! I didn't even know the results where final yet.

Now about Arnold being booed. I see it as no big deal, free speech is great. It does show a lack of respect though, after all it was a graduation speech. I guarantee more people there supported Arnold than the very vocal few that booed him.

I have faith in the "silent majority" of this country, and all the vocal whackos do is make themselves look stupid anyway!

[edit on 16-6-2005 by Carseller4]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Are our selected leaders loseing respect of the young people

There isnt a yes or no answer to that question. Some people have no respect for authority others only respect those who share the same beilefs and of course some respect everbody beliefs.

Have our young people become cynical of our leaders?

Its not just young people that have a cynical view of there leaders it is said that Watergate marked the beggining of the public distrust of politicans. Recent internatonal events have ensured that mistrust is passed onto another generation.

Can our leaders regain crediability?

Again there is no yes or no answer one would think that leaders gain crediablity by standing by there beliefs but that dosnt appear to be so for example my people think Jimmy Carter has little credablity as a leader.

Is there a cultural division in the US?

You have to be american to answer that. Looking from the outside in one would say that america suffers from a bad case of small mindness .

I'm truely puzzled!

I doubt your the only one.

new topics

top topics

join